What's new

LED Microgrow

RaZoR!

Been a little busy getting some home improvement done. I think you guys will be impressed with how things are coming.

Day 33 Flower

Added some more lights. 4 x 23 watts, 1 x 42 watts, and a 14.5 watt LED.

Attachments

• IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1407.jpg
    IMG_1407.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 20

RaZoR!

I took the globe off the LED and whatever is under it just blows up. It is actually hilarious how much more efficient they are. The phillips 14.5 watt puts out 1500 lumens for 103 lumens per watt. The debate is over. They put out more lumens at 2/3 of the wattage of CFLs, and the PAR is obviously much higher. More lumens, higher PAR, and lower temperatures. The only con of them is that they have to be placed relatively vertical. I have also yet to see a 6500k LED, but 5000k seems to be good enough. Going LED ASAP.

RaZoR!

Day 41

Moved to my new location, the height was just getting to be too much.

Plant 2 is growing much quicker, its pistils are very abundant, and has a skunky sour smell to them. Plant two also was trained much better and I have 12 plus tops at almost a complete even canopy. Plant 1 grew 4 main tops and a few offshoots and is way taller. In terms of developement, it looks like a week behind where plant 2 is, but that could just be its pheno. If they had been left untrained, they would both be at or over 2 feet. I think plant 2 will be about a 9 weeker and plant 1 will be 10-12, guess we will see.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 20

RaZoR!

Hey guys, back with another update.

I replaced my 150watts of CFL with 42 watts of LED. Found some 14 watt sylvania's at my walmart. 2 for 13. I also reduced my 2x3x7 into a 1x2x5. These things would be nearly 3 feet If I didn't train. I had to use my shitty camera as my good one died on me, but you get the general idea. The CFLS were just getting way too hot.

Bud leaves are getting extremely frosty. I went to work and came back and they literally are twice as resinous as when I left. You can smell them outside of the area. Would like to get a few more 14 watts in there before it finishes. I have around a month left guestimating . Gonna be some fire! Getting excited.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 24

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
can you take a pic of the LEDs on the sylvania for me? i'm considering some but not if they aren't better than these cheap shits i bought.

RaZoR!

Back with another update. Here are some pics from day 60.

Plants 2+1 (Left to Right)

Plant 2 almost looks done. Has a good sour, funky smell. I am going to chop at 10 weeks. Hairs are starting to turn orange. One of of tops is going to need stake for support pretty damn soon, I might be able to get by though with some ties as she is almost finished.

Plant 1 is growing a tad bit slower, but oh my god does it have an amazing chem smell. I smelled it and the scent stayed in my nose for literally 5 minutes. Plant 1 has less tops but it is a little taller at the tallest top then plant 2.

Plant 2 is just going to get water for the next 10 days, I have already tapered off the nutrients quite a bit. Plant 1 will get another week of mild nutrient solution then flushed for the last 2 weeks.

I am guessing a little over an ounce for plant 2 and a little less from plant 1.

Feel free ask questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1442.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 17

RaZoR!

can you take a pic of the LEDs on the sylvania for me? i'm considering some but not if they aren't better than these cheap shits i bought.

They are the Sylvania 14 watt, 1500 Lumens, 2700k, with the globe taken off. They work fantastic, I know PAR is a better measurement, but 107/Lumens per watt of direction lighting is very very efficient. From a Lumens per watt point of view, that is on point with HPS/MH.

RaZoR!

Plant 2 has about 60% orange pistils and very cloudy white trichomes. She is getting pulled sometime this week, I might go the full 70, but I think 66-68 should be enough for her. I am tend to pull at peak potency rather then for CBD and CBN. Plant 1 is going to get an extra 10 days or so.

Last edited:

MicroRoy

Are you starting to think about how you will smoke your first smoke?

A joint? A bowl?

Do you have a prefered spot to smoke?

roll1_4me

I can say having grow with HID and clf the yield may be smaller and growth slower with cfl and can still grow some personal funk with cfl always keep bulbs as close 2 plants as possible and make or buy reflectors for bulbs. If your going for an ounce make sure to distrubute light good top 2 bottom of plant 2 maximize yield. And forsure change 2 warm bulbs when flowering.