What's new

LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W pro source LED LIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually interested now in the 2nd gen LED lights.
If 1st gen was good, 2nd gen must be better ;)

Watt per watt, if a 63W LED beats a 100W HPS (not including ballast)
and the 126W beats a 150-250W HPS
205W vs 250-400W hps
318W vs 400-600W hps

Then im sold on the LED systems.

It will take some time before before any 1000W LED systems will pop out on the market, but then again wouldn't it slap itself in the face? Being eco-friendly and draining little power?
My thoughts about LED is to be able to have less watt, but roughly the same yield as a higher wattage of HID system.
Also some people mention that the plants look healthier with LED than with HPS but I haven't seen any LED grow myself IRL so that I cant tell just from pictures alone.

It will take some months due to I have to start over my grow etc, but then I will surely try out the 2nd generation 126Watter :)

not to mention your not really saving on the power bill having to run more led's just to compete w/hps..
i still have yet to see any bud shots that can hold a candle to my 1000w hps..
LEDGIRL, I hope in the future you can truly come up with something that can compete w/ a hps and really save on power consumption all within a respectable price range..
hard to want to spend the money on led's when for less money you can have way more yield..

40w of led per sqft is less than 50w of hid per sqft, so i dont understand where you get running more leds. And your 1000w hps doesnt matter in this thread since it is a LED light compared to another LED light, dont try so hard. Just because you cant afford them doesnt mean they arent worth it.

J

jaded1

So if you need 40w per sqft,to light a 3x3 space you would need 360w of leds.Would you say this was least you need?Most people run alot more than 50w per sqft of hid so to get the same kind of results would you maybe have to run 50-60w per sqft?Have seen the buds ledgirl has grown and they look very impressive running 50w but too expensive a set-up.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
another usless stab at led's... Noone in this thread cares about your cheap 1000 watt bulb. You Can Keep Your factless claims.

my apologies..i didn't mean it as a useless stab at LED'S..i was considering buying 1 or 2 myself...

If I use 50 watts a square foot of HPS against 50 watts a square foot of LED's. There are two things that one could save on. One is Heating and Cooling the other is Nutrient Consumption. Less heat = less perspiration from the plants. Now I can get the same yield using LED's as you can using HID, as long as both growing conditions are the same trust me. BUT you will have alot bigger flowers no doubt about it. No matter what I do the LED set up can not compete with the 1000W HPS flowers as far as size goes... Why.. It's called (single point light source)... That's why HID being only 69%

i didn't take that into consideration..i don't really have any heating and cooling issues with my set-up..also, the way i grow a ton of nutes is not needed..

40w of led per sqft is less than 50w of hid per sqft, so i dont understand where you get running more leds. And your 1000w hps doesnt matter in this thread since it is a LED light compared to another LED light, dont try so hard. Just because you cant afford them doesnt mean they arent worth it.

it is not matter of affordability..to me it was a matter of investment vs. cost savings vs. yeild..
from what i've seen in the led threads i came to the conclusion it was not worth the extra money to switch right now..i'll wait till either leds get better or a new power saving form of light becomes available..

inconclusion, i apologize if i offened anyone..it wasn't intentional..
maybe next time y'all should try help someone understand what they are missing or suggesting is wrong..
jumping all over my shit was uncalled for and your assumptions were down right wrong of my intentions and/or comments..
no point being snobs and/or a-holes, it doesn't accomplish anything..
sheesh..
peace G

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems to me we should be using watts per CUBIC foot (w/cft).

If w/cft was the criteria, I think the kind of LEDs HydroLED is introducing (205) would be the clear winner. But someone would need to show watts at 12" of penetration to confirm my theory.

I just don't think hps or CFLs can penetrate as deep without severely burning the tops. Advantage LEDs.

I applaude HydroLED for staying in the game, and upping the ante with their 205. Sure, eventually the costs will come down, but if we growers don't take some responsibility, and buy LEDs today, they may not be here in the future.

Importantly (to me), is the rate per KW of electricity has almost doubled in one year. The saving from LEDs (assuming a 205 will match the performance of a 600 hps) will close the price gap.

LEDGirl

Veteran
If I use 50 watts a square foot of HPS against 50 watts a square foot of LED's. There are two things that one could save on. One is Heating and Cooling the other is Nutrient Consumption. Less heat = less perspiration from the plants. Now I can get the same yield using LED's as you can using HID, as long as both growing conditions are the same trust me. BUT you will have alot bigger flowers no doubt about it. No matter what I do the LED set up can not compete with the 1000W HPS flowers as far as size goes... Why.. It's called (single point light source)... That's why HID being only 69% useable in terms of efficiency still throws big flowers...

Unless you are prepared to show us a side-by-side 50W/sq ft LED vs 50W/sq ft HID grow, performed with the same clones/conditions to all of us to back up your claims, refrain from making any of this sort. Continued posting of information without evidence to back up your claims (like the 50W HID or 40W LED thing I just deleted), will end up in your suspension from this forum.

Also, according to SunMaster your usable numbers are WAY off for HID. Their 1000W HPS puts out about 350W of PAR light. That would be about 35% usable with a brand new bulb.

dogsnova

Unless you are prepared to show us a side-by-side 50W/sq ft LED vs 50W/sq ft HID grow, performed with the same clones/conditions to all of us to back up your claims, refrain from making any of this sort. Continued posting of information without evidence to back up your claims (like the 50W HID or 40W LED thing I just deleted), will end up in your suspension from this forum.

Also, according to SunMaster your usable numbers are WAY off for HID. Their 1000W HPS puts out about 350W of PAR light. That would be about 35% usable with a brand new bulb.

OK .........have it your way...

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran

actually i'm wanting to see a hid comparison..isn't your responsibility to show a side by side so potential customers like me can actually see the performance of your product..
i can't and wom't committ to such an investment with out proof myself..
not trying to be a wise-ass, just want proof they work as good as you say..

MeanBean

i can't and wom't committ to such an investment with out proof myself..
not trying to be a wise-ass, just want proof they work as good as you say..

It works. Every one of her customers has had a great success.

There is no end to variables in a comparison grow.

Stick with bulbs tell you have some more knowledge and money.
IC Mag Forums is a great place to find successful grows with her products! LEARN

C

Capital G

It works. Every one of her customers has had a great success

what have you been looking at. i've looked at all the links of the grows and in all honesty the word on the others sites is quite to the contrary. i'm interested but, i've found more negative feedback than positive. not trying to be negative but, this is what i've found. they seem to produce some buds and that's great but, if your growing for volume i think it's fair to say wait until the price comes down and the led panels become more efficient in producing hps quality buds(2liter bottles type). but, if your a micro or closet grower the current state of affairs would be great. i will definitely be purchasing someone's led panels when the technology advances. maybe, the new model has the right spectrum (i hope it does) but, i would like to see at least a 600w version. price wouldn't be a concern, nah, i take that back, but, i wouldn't mind paying $1000-$1500 for one. any such plans on a 600w or larger with the improved spectrum in the future?

SlevinK

What really helps is having a higher watt/square foot rating. Right now Irish has the 126W and 180W in a 2' x 3' area (if I remember right), meaning the 126W area has 21W per square foot and the 180W has 30W per square foot. In my personal garden I ran about 50W per square foot and produced buds the size of soda cans quite regularly. The watt/sq (or better yet micromole per square meter data) makes a lot of difference as to what your plants are able to do, in x amount of time.

Thank you for your concise reply, I greatly look forward to hearing more (and seeing more finished product) resulting from your LED's. :huggg:

My buds are running several aero's with all PS 90W LED's and my project consists of 1-PS 90W and 4-40w flor's. I'd like to get another LED though sooner then later.

LEDGirl

Veteran
what have you been looking at. i've looked at all the links of the grows and in all honesty the word on the others sites is quite to the contrary. i'm interested but, i've found more negative feedback than positive. not trying to be negative but, this is what i've found. they seem to produce some buds and that's great but, if your growing for volume i think it's fair to say wait until the price comes down and the led panels become more efficient in producing hps quality buds(2liter bottles type). but, if your a micro or closet grower the current state of affairs would be great. i will definitely be purchasing someone's led panels when the technology advances. maybe, the new model has the right spectrum (i hope it does) but, i would like to see at least a 600w version. price wouldn't be a concern, nah, i take that back, but, i wouldn't mind paying $1000-$1500 for one. any such plans on a 600w or larger with the improved spectrum in the future?

To my knowledge we have 1 unhappy customer who goes by Warbux, and a second who is possibly unhappy that goes by scumbragger/ledtester. LEDtester performed a grow using 3 x 126W panels over an area which I recommended 4. According to his grow journal, he also did a bit too much pruning on the LED plants at 3-4 weeks in bloom, resulting in stunted growth from there-on out. Until he does a grow where all variables are equal between the two sides (including temperature), it will be hard to view his experiments as conclusive. As per Warbux, he's just pissed to be pissed. He received his lights in a snap, and then waited several weeks to get an aero unit that I was waiting on parts for (of which he was informed). He was refunded for items he changed his mind on, and sent extra items over and above what he paid for as a nice gesture from our company. His impatience and inability to adhere to our company's policies, have resulted in him becoming angry and aggressive towards us, spreading twisted and misleading information on the web wherever he is allowed. If you can show me more than either one of these two who are unhappy with their grows, please bring it to my attention.

These individuals account for 2 testers in a sea of hundreds. We have tons of repeat customers, and the biggest majority of people growing with our product online express their happiness with our products. Most of them rate our products very high and would never go back to HID growing. On the whole though, the VAST majority of our customers are happy and posting good reviews. Please don't overlook the hoards of happy journals because of 1 that was inconclusive, or 1 pissed off customer who doesn't like to follow our policies.

As far as a 600W panel, no we do not have one planned soon. We have our 205W that was just released, and we are currently arranging another version of the same panel using 336W. When used within their recommended coverage areas, the 205W will supply about 33W per square foot, and the 336W will supply about 54W per square foot. We've produced plenty of coke-sized colas and larger using 50W per square foot of LED, as can be seen in our 1512W grow, or the 504W grow my friend did.

MeanBean

what have you been looking at?
Well i Could look here oooor my garden, and trust me my garden looks/produces alot better than some of the 400-600w hps grows ive seen.

Also the lights arent even exspensive lol!! there some of the cheapest in the market!! Every light I buy will pay for itself in 1 grow..

try wraapping that thick melon of yours around that!

Well i Could look here oooor my garden, and trust me my garden looks/produces alot better than some of the 400-600w hps grows ive seen.

Also the lights arent even exspensive lol!! there some of the cheapest in the market!! Every light I buy will pay for itself in 1 grow..

try wraapping that thick melon of yours around that!
Very aggressive...you love your leds thats fo sho.I looked for your journal but couldnt find it.Could you post a link so we all can see?

LEDGirl...I've been checking out your aero units...top notch gear btw.I'm a bubble bucket dude, but recently my interests have been in aero.Yours look pretty damn serious.I'm not the most experienced hydro grower...hence the bubblers, but what I was wondering is how user friendly your units are for the inexperienced aero grower.BTW-keep up the good work, we're not all haters out here.

MeanBean

Very aggressive...you love your leds thats fo sho.I looked for your journal but couldnt find it.Could you post a link so we all can see?

Well guess I don't mean to be aggressive. Just argumentative hahaha! If someones going to make a blunt comment I might too!

I'd love to be talking about the positive side of led but seems to be a bit more haters than actual enthusiast!!

In led girls forum the independent cabinet grow is mine. :smokeit:

Well guess I don't mean to be aggressive. Just argumentative hahaha! If someones going to make a blunt comment I might too!

I'd love to be talking about the positive side of led but seems to be a bit more haters than actual enthusiast!!

In led girls forum the independent cabinet grow is mine. :smokeit:
Cool, and dont get me wrong a person without passion is one boring person-fo sho.Very cool grow btw...I think they're all very cool.You guys are like the first astronauts lol.And believe me, I fully understand the led camps sometimes defensive stance...no one should have to take the crap you guys have gotten recently.And if I wasnt broke, X-Mas killed me, I'd love to pick up a 126 watt panel.Til then I have to live vicariously through yal.

and run my constantly,violently, venting cool-tubes.LOL, my 4x4 tent looks like a boiler room with all the vent pipes running through it.I love the plug and play aspect of leds.

Status
Not open for further replies.