What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
OrganicToTheT, Pure Honduras, or Ehiopian, or Lebanese, even Panamá, don't smell to what most relate to "cannabis" at all, they have more floral (Honduras to geraniums) or citric smells (Ethiopian, Lebanese, Panama).

Super convenient to avoid stinking the neighbors or grabbing unwanted attention.

No "Skunk" in these at all.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Just hearing or seeing the word Lebanese brings back a memory in my brain, I can smell, taste and feel the high from a long time ago. Beautiful memories

Rembetis

my update as promised.
I chopped the remaining three at 70 days. All were milky with small amounts of amber. The first two I chopped were the earliest finishers which appeared done by 50 days. Out of a 10 pack I had 5 males, 5 females. All very uniform from the beginning with narrow leaves. I had one plant that was different from the rest and was the most Sativa I would say. It had smaller diameter buds and produced long spears that covered a lot of the branch. The others were much bigger as you can see in my earlier photos.
Interestingly,the two early plants were also the ones giving off the best smells and every morning when I opened the tent I found myself burying my face in the buds. I just could not resist! The narrow bud plant gave off this wonderful Lemon odor. I named it my Lemon Drop Candy pheno. It literally made my mouth water when I would smell it. It was so sweet! The other fast plant was the one giving off a very strong perfumed Hash smell. None of the other plants have come anywhere close to the odors the first two have.
I dry trimmed the first two over the week end and smoked the resin caught in the trim tray. It was fantastic! I did a bong rip and it was fast acting. Felt it in the head first then I noticed how relaxed I was and my pain was gone. But it was not like the Afghanis I have grown. Much nicer. A very pleasant smoke. Smooth as others have mentioned. No coughing and I could still function. Great for kicking back and listening to or playing music. I like it very much and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice old school smoke

Rembetis

Part two, mainly for people wondering about growing this inside.

I found it very easy to grow although newbies may find it a challenge due to its semi auto characteristics. My set up is a 4x4 Gorilla Shorty, 600 watt Hortilux Eye Blue, air cooled reflector. 5 year old recycled soil and I top dress with organic amendments. I use 2 gal pots max to control size since height is my biggest problem. I had to tie down but the plants were close to 3 feet tall. Very manageable indoors. As far as yields go I usually can manage 3 ounces per plant which I consider a decent yield for indoors. Anyway it fits with our current plant count and possession limits. These first two of course are the lightes yielding with the Lemon plant coming in at 2.25 ounces trimmed and the Hashy plant came in at 2.75. The others that went 70 days look like they will go over 3 ounces easily.
I made seed and for future runs am going to explore the two fast plants for quicker finish times and of course the smells. The photo is the Hashy plant.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your Lebanese harvest Rembetis. :)
Thanks for getting back to us with your overall feelings about your grow.

Glad it has been a positive experience and that you are satisfied with the outcome, terpenes and effects of your Lebaneses. As you correctly described, the effect is balanced, pleasant but not heavy/dirty like most Afghanis. A very suitable strain for those bored of hybrid effects and interested in experiencing a good old school smoke from Middle East.

Rembetis

I am old school so for me the Middle Eastern strains are where its at. My experiences with the plant started back in the early 70's. No Kush back then. Only land race Sativas and the Blonde and Red Lebanese and Black Pakistani Hash. I have been collecting genetics from this region from Turkey all the way around to Morocco and this Lebanese confirmed that that was a good decision. I am a hash guy and as soon as it is cold I will run this thru the tumbler and give you a proper Lebanese Hash smoke report Dubi.

I have to shut down in the summer due to heat problems but as soon as I can I will get the Beldia2xBeldia1 going and start a grow thread on it.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Rembetis again.

Thank you so much for the helpful posts Rembetis.Very helpful!

OrganicToTheT

If anyone here can help me out, I'm trying to germinate my Lebanese but none of the three seem to sprout at all. I'm in a place where its usually 80 to 90 degrees but I'm trying to grow indoors so not outdoors. I did the paper towel method, and I also put them in water its been already 8 days with the Lebanese. The Honduras though its only been 24 hours that I put them in water and the seed is already buffed up and almost ready with all the white roots bursting out. I cracked them open as I heard these landraces are hard to germinated if temperature is not right.

Rembetis

I have never done the paper towel method. Always do it natures way in warm dirt. Are they in a cool place? In the cooler months especially I drop the light down onto the pots for a few days to get the dirt nice and warm and also water it with warm water then when it feels right I plant. Always get high rates of germination even with older seeds.

OrganicToTheT

Yup I think I rushed it only left it 2 days in the dirt then went straight to water then paper towel. Its hot here and they are cracked open should I plant them in my soil?

Rembetis

I meant if the conditions were a little to cool for germination. Some strains need more heat to sprout properly. Also not sure about the water idea. Seeds can drown. I would say at this point get them in the soil and put them in a warm place

OrganicToTheT

Yup, thanks. I've already put them in the sun and its pretty hot here currently 85 and pretty sunny. Hopefully I would see them sprout!

OrganicToTheT

I meant if the conditions were a little to cool for germination. Some strains need more heat to sprout properly. Also not sure about the water idea. Seeds can drown. I would say at this point get them in the soil and put them in a warm place

I believe humidity was very low around 40 ish and thats indoors not too hot it was cool where I left them germinate. I believe Outdoors it will be best to germinate them as they get plenty of oxygen, great deal of more humidity and the heat as well and the sun.

OrganicToTheT

I have never done the paper towel method. Always do it natures way in warm dirt. Are they in a cool place? In the cooler months especially I drop the light down onto the pots for a few days to get the dirt nice and warm and also water it with warm water then when it feels right I plant. Always get high rates of germination even with older seeds.

Good and bad news, bad one is I put my 3 Lebanese in the soil after having been in water for 5 days straight and they seemed ill and got maggots eating them. Roots probably rotted as the seeds were cracked open and then submerged in water for more then Five days then planted to the soil. Although I can happen to normal seeds but these seeds were opened and submerged in water for more then 5 days in cold water with my AC on. Nothing really came out of them but just one Honduras that I had with the Lebanese, that one really buffed up and roots came out. Though I planted to the soil but by the time the leafs were coming out the leafs were yellow and seemed like it was messed up. That one got maggots as well by the time I had it in the soil. So all those seeds to shit.

Good news, I tried your method. Just placed the seed in the soil(Lebanese), though I still cracked it open to get some water to the embrión and get a quick sprout. I placed it in the soil the next day it was already shooting leafs as I dug in to the soil to check and yup, the next day it had already sprouted with leafs to the atmosphere and today it has 4 pair of leafs. So 3 days ago it was raining quite a bit, I took advantage and used the rain water for germination and the sun. Seemed to germinated pretty quick.

So my main question is guys I brought my little seedling to my grow tent, I have my light on and dimmed all the way down (since its a seedling it can get burned by to much light correct me please if I'm wrong and let me know if I have to bring up the light to full power) I also read on another forum that seedling can't handle the light so close or to far, so they recommended me 40 to 48 inches away from the seedling to be safe and a dimmable light and bring down the light a couple inches every couple of days.

1) So just to confirm with you guys I have a seedling that just sprouted yesterday what is the distance that my light should be from the seedling?

2) My temperature in my grow room is 82F and humidity 70% to 73% is this ok and how many days into the sprout should I lower the humidity and to how much percent?

3) I'm using 200 watt LED lights for just one plant, what does a good lighting schedule be for this little guy and when should I change it?

Thanks in advance.

SonicNurse92

Red Lebanese

Red Lebanese

Hola!

My best Lebanese CBD :dance013: :woohoo:

No male flowers, blonde one never reveged and got nanners at the end, the other two did reveg after 2 months of 20/4, the other one have dark purple calyxes and is pretty fast, 60 days 11/13. The red one finished at 75 days of 11/13.

Saludos!

Attachments

• DSCN1181.jpg
    DSCN1181.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN1177.jpg
    DSCN1177.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1176.jpg
    DSCN1176.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN1178.jpg
    DSCN1178.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 71

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome OrganicToTheT,

Sorry for the late reply. You shouldn't have problems germinating our Lebanese following a standard germination method, it's a very vigorous strain, also for germination.

The distance of the plants from the lamp depends mainly on the type of lamps you are using, their light intensity and temps of the indoor room. You can place them under LEDs quite close to the lamp, just make sure the temps don't go higher than 28ºC in growing stage and 25ºC during flowering. Humidity during growth stage should be around 60 %, and in flowering around 40 % ... this Lebanese enjoys even drier conditions during flowering. It works without any problem with standard 18/6 (growth) and 12/12 (flowering) photoperiods.

Hope it helps and best wishes! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola SonicNurse92 :wave:

Glad you have found a sexually stable Lebanese of your taste and that you managed to reveg her for future grows. Beautiful red pheno :) A tip to keep Lebanese clones in the mother room for long term: provide them 20/4 photoperiod and avoid they get root bound, otherwise they can start to flower in the mother room, if that happens take clones as soon as possible and place them in new pots.

Please, keep us updated with a smoke report. Thanks!