What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

OregonBorn

Do you know how much THCV is in Skunk #1 (Pure)?

I do not think that there is such a thing as pure skunk #1. Maybe in Skunkman's collection? Other than that there have been variable skunk #1 strains released from Sensi, Dutch Passion, Flying Dutchman, Nirvana and Royal Queen. I cannot find Skunk #1 THCv test results listed, other than the likes of statements in High Times and this one, which says skunk is variable in THCv and last on the high THCv list:

https://learn.woahstork.com/cannabinoids/thcv/

OregonBorn

Has anyone looked at that strain called Novarine from elite seeds? Apparently has upwards of 10% THCv.

Had not seen this before from Spain. Some other sites say that this strain is 20% indica and 80% sativa. Caprichosa Thai is a cross of Super Thai x Mota Khan Afghana. The only test results I could find were a combination of THC + THCv = 17%, and CBD at 2.2%.

Description

Now you can enjoy the premiere of Novarine, the world's first plant with a 1:1 ratio between THC and THCV. The Spanish bank Elite Seeds has put science at the service of cannabis to achieve this wonder of nature.
This landrace genetics comes from Thailand, its original appearance is high and gleaned and then crossed with the Caprichosa Thai to get more compact, resinous and productive specimens but always preserving its level of cannabinoids.
Novarine is sativa productive and easy to grow, fully adapted to the needs of Western growers either for indoor or outdoor planting. The line that has managed to isolate a THC:THCV level of 1:1.
The taste of this marijuana reminds us of Moroccan hashish, a great delight for your taste buds. The high it causes in the body is peculiar, cerebral and very pleasant thanks to its high THCV level. A perfect herb for good company.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand that is what the word means, but Indica and Sativa have morphological variations so I politely disagree.

Indica simply means the plants genes were derived from India.

Nothing more, nothing less. It is not a descriptive term other than location of origin.

It’s no different than “Thai”, for example.
Thai does not mean tall, lanky, sativa. It means it was derived from Thailand.

ALL Indicas (Indian varieties), that are sewn by humans, ARE sativa.
Not all Indica plants express wide/broad leaves w short internode lengths.

The correct terms are, & have been since Sam & friends started the Sativa/Indica paradigm in court,;
NLD= Narrow Leaf Drug type
W/BLD= Wide/Broad Leaf Drug type
NLH= Narrow Lead Hemp
W/BLH= Wide/Broad Leaf Hemp

HTH
:tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Indica simply means the plants genes were derived from India.

Nothing more, nothing less. It is not a descriptive term other than location of origin.

It’s no different than “Thai”, for example.
Thai does not mean tall, lanky, sativa. It means it was derived from Thailand.

ALL Indicas (Indian varieties), that are sewn by humans, ARE sativa.
Not all Indica plants express wide/broad leaves w short internode lengths.

The correct terms are, & have been since Sam & friends started the Sativa/Indica paradigm in court,;
NLD= Narrow Leaf Drug type
W/BLD= Wide/Broad Leaf Drug type
NLH= Narrow Lead Hemp
W/BLH= Wide/Broad Leaf Hemp

HTH
:tiphat:
When Cannabis Indica was named in late 1700's, Kabul in Afghanistan was also part of India/Mogul Empire, do you realize that. The border then was prolly the Hindu Kush mountains = Broad Leaf territory.

If botanists back then wouldn't have found the shorter Broad Leaf plant the word "Indica" wouldn't even be in use today. The N. Indian NLD plants growing at the time would have been called "Sativas" by these old timers; taller, skinnier plants also used for fibre like the sativas/hemp growing in Europe at the time.

So the term "indica" really does not mean every type of plant found around "india" as you're claiming, it's a term for the short broad-leaf plant. This is exactly how internet-rumors start,ay, MJ! :)

If Lamarck named the short, branchy, broad leaf plant "Indica" why do some of you have to try to change that and come correct people just about every time growers use that term? Is it because Kabul isn't part of India anymore, so it got you confused and you lost the plot?

Here's a map of 1700 - 1792 India for you. You prolly haven't seen one before.
Now, can you find Kabul on that map
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:India_map_1700_1792.jpg

India_map_1700_1792.jpg

india_1700_1792.jpg

india_1700_1792.jpg

cannacrab

I do not think that there is such a thing as pure skunk #1. Maybe in Skunkman's collection? Other than that there have been variable skunk #1 strains released from Sensi, Dutch Passion, Flying Dutchman, Nirvana and Royal Queen. I cannot find Skunk #1 THCv test results listed, other than the likes of statements in High Times and this one, which says skunk is variable in THCv and last on the high THCv list:

https://learn.woahstork.com/cannabinoids/thcv/

I am going to run Skunk #1 and have it tested.

brickweeder

When Cannabis Indica was named in late 1700's, Kabul in Afghanistan was also part of India/Mogul Empire, do you realize that. The border then was prolly the Hindu Kush mountains = Broad Leaf territory.

If botanists back then wouldn't have found the shorter Broad Leaf plant the word "Indica" wouldn't even be in use today. The N. Indian NLD plants growing at the time would have been called "Sativas" by these old timers; taller, skinnier plants also used for fibre like the sativas/hemp growing in Europe at the time.

So the term "indica" really does not mean every type of plant found around "india" as you're claiming, it's a term for the short broad-leaf plant. This is exactly how internet-rumors start,ay, MJ! :)

If Lamarck named the short, branchy, broad leaf plant "Indica" why do some of you have to try to change that and come correct people just about every time growers use that term? Is it because Kabul isn't part of India anymore, so it got you confused and you lost the plot?

Here's a map of 1700 - 1792 India for you. You prolly haven't seen one before.
Now, can you find Kabul on that map
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:India_map_1700_1792.jpg

View Image

Nice historical reference...its good to see that others are using the Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection at U of Texas...definitely one of the better online map resources out there, if not the best.

R

red23

Unworked hybrid, landrace sativa(2 month first photo)
TCHv levels very high
Sorry about the quality of the photos, but,thought it might help visually your very interesting dialogue

Attachments

• IMG_229138.jpg
    IMG_229138.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_217327 3.jpg
    IMG_217327 3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

SolarLogos

It's good to hear from you Dubi. I pray your hand is healing well! We missed you and will see you back here when your hand is fully healed. Much prayers and meditation for ya my friend!

Peace, God bless

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I'm really digging this plant!

Contrary to what one may be led to believe regarding THC content, don't know if it's the CBD combination or what, I always feel the effect, and have been smoking her for weeks.

If you're a heavy tolerance user (as I am) don't be fooled by the low THC figures.

I thought I would be smoking her "like tobbacco" in a couple weeks, which haven't been the case, each time I toke, I feel the full wonderful effects (and they do add up).

Perfect excuse to toke her as soon as you feel uneasy or grumpy, works like a charm everytime!

Now that she has been curing, I get a orange-peel aroma when burping the jars. Taste is still that sagey or smooth oregano.

SolarLogos

I'm really digging this plant!

Contrary to what one may be led to believe regarding THC content, don't know if it's the CBD combination or what, I always feel the effect, and have been smoking her for weeks.

If you're a heavy tolerance user (as I am) don't be fooled by the low THC figures.

I thought I will be smoking her "like tobbacco" in a couple weeks, which haven't been the case, each time I toke, I feel the full wonderful effects (and they do add up).

Perfect excuse to toke her as soon as you feel uneasy or grumpy, works like a charm everytime!

Now that she has been curing, I get a orange-peel aroma when burping the jars. Taste is still that sagey or smooth oregano.
Ok, Lebanese just got bumped a lot higher on my list. The higher CBD had always been on my mind and with my tolerance issues, I had been hesitant to try it. The last time I had good Lebanese blond was around 79, 80? Lebanese red, same time frame, at AC/DC, For those about to Rock concert in the bay area. I think about those days whenever I'm salivating over Farmer-L's and Dr. Purp's and your pics of her. Thanks for the info! So glad you're enjoying it!
Peace, God bless

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Solar Logos, thank you for your kind words. I plan on having several Lebanese next season. They are amazing ladies for sure. I hope you get to try them soon.
Peace. MedDakotabis

clearheaded

ya Mj, ya have it a little mixed up the meanings of what "species" are. Thai is not a species. often species names have some sort of latin meaning that can be associated with the plant or animal etc sometimes where it was originally found or if happened to be common cultivar like oats. but not always the case "just a name". desciption is what matters. Think psilocybe cubensis it occurs naturally outside of cuba, doesnt then make the name "meaningless".. anyhoo.

think gunna have to grab me some lebanese think will be a great breeding tool. i wonder if its where mighty mite comes from. also curious how your leb compares to the iranian autos or semi auto.

BlackBuds

Ok, Lebanese just got bumped a lot higher on my list. The higher CBD had always been on my mind and with my tolerance issues, I had been hesitant to try it. The last time I had good Lebanese blond was around 79, 80? Lebanese red, same time frame, at AC/DC, For those about to Rock concert in the bay area. I think about those days whenever I'm salivating over Farmer-L's and Dr. Purp's and your pics of her. Thanks for the info! So glad you're enjoying it!
Peace, God bless

I was at that show. I remember that bell coming down and people throwing shit at it. I was probably smoking thai or skunk.
Also growing this strain. :):tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lebanese Trichs

Lebanese Trichs

Thanks SolarLogos! Give it a try, you won't be dissapointed.

First time in the past 10 smoking years I have to clean the grinder daily:

picture.php

dugzy

I knew that Martian girl would do you right repuk, leaving a sticky trail behind is a good sign right? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts