What's new

Leaves rolling onto their sides or all the way over

Farmer B

Thanks everybody. It has been a busy weekend. I'll have to think about your ideas. Here are pics. The humidifier is helping but I'm sure it isn't doing enough.

Looks like that back middle is twisting towards the reflective wall. Try turning the pot to see if it changes.

stucrew

Woke up to plants still doing this. I'm wondering why these fan leaves are so large yet the main stem isn't getting much taller by day. The plants are drinking about 5 gallons in 3 days. Man changing strains sucks especially when there isn't any info on how it grows. These a indica prevalent.

Attachments

• Zod feb8 twisting.jpg
    Zod feb8 twisting.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Zod feb8 too.jpg
    Zod feb8 too.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Zod feb8.jpg
    Zod feb8.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 13

stucrew

Looks like that back middle is twisting towards the reflective wall. Try turning the pot to see if it changes.

I have been turning to pots. I even moved the 2 from the back to the front but the plants still twisting. It's weird because the plants look healthy over all. Short but healthy.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fan placement?

Pretty sure you're going to be posting pics of burnt tips soon.

stucrew

Fan placement?

Pretty sure you're going to be posting pics of burnt tips soon.

I hope not. I moved the fan so we'll see if that helps. The first sets of fan leaves just grew so big and the petioles got so long. Yet the plant has stayed short.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
SYMPTOMS OF DEHYDRATION IN MARIJUANA
NOVEMBER 10, 2015ESTRELLITA STAR 4 COMMENTS
Dehydration problems

Here we present several photos to identify the problems of dehydration as well as the most typical reasons that can cause symptoms of dehydration in marijuana.

Such problems arise for different reasons:

- Temperature too high
- Too much air movement
- Lack of irrigation
- Relative humidity too low

To fix this we will have to correct the issues that are causing dehydration plant in the above list and plants recover.

The truth is that there is no other magic secret, just to correct one of the four problems that may be affecting plants. It may not be as simple as it may need to buy an air conditioner or fan site move or buy a humidifier. But correct the problem you have in the culture and see that the problems of dehydration disappear instantly.

Here we have some pictures where you can see clear signs of dehydration. You can compare them with your marijuana plants to see if the symptoms are the same.

stucrew

Ok so I let some water drip out of the 2 smart pots that have the worst petiole twisting. Ph is 6.5 and 72f degrees ppm is 930 and 72f degrees. So if coco should stay within 5.5--6.2 then I am high on ph.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Scratch that! I misread you.

Runoff sounds fine, its never the same as input, but if its close its all good. PH being higher is what you want. Someone please correct me if im wrong

Remember, what goes in is more imoprtant than what comes out. Keep it consistent.

stucrew

Scratch that! I misread you.

Runoff sounds fine, its never the same as input, but if its close its all good. PH being higher is what you want. Someone please correct me if im wrong

Remember, what goes in is more imoprtant than what comes out. Keep it consistent.

I made my reservoir PH 5.6 by adding some Plantacillin. Then I flooded the table and top watered the pots too. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow.

stucrew

Oh and I added 5 gallons water to bring my ppm down to 780 just incase it was too hot a mix before I flooded.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Very good! Glad you got that sorted. Improper pH and overfed. Well its good you brought the feed down. Let her sit pretty for a minute. Ramp the feed slowly but surely. Big plant no time.

stucrew

Very good! Glad you got that sorted. Improper pH and overfed. Well its good you brought the feed down. Let her sit pretty for a minute. Ramp the feed slowly but surely. Big plant no time.

Thanks for the advice. A little nerve wracking trying a new strain. Even though BigBud is Indica it grew much different than this Indica ZOD and Diamond Cookies. And since I can't find info on the ZOD I don't know if these differences are normal or not. The 2nd node fan leaves are enormous. These are 3 gallon smart pots and the fan leaf is almost as big as the top of the pot

Attachments

• Zod feb10.jpg
    Zod feb10.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Zod feb 10.jpg
    Zod feb 10.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Zod feb10 2.jpg
    Zod feb10 2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 12

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Very nice. Looking good. They look really healthy.

See that crinkle? I get that when im raising the feed strength and i fuck up the ph. If yr ppms are hot a ph swing will OD the plant a little it seems and if yr low the plant gets weak, yellow and a little twisted, thats in my experience.

Without showing any other symptoms looks like thats what was up. Thanks for sharing the results and info!

Those are big fans. Looks like they could veg huge. Seed or cut?