What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

last year Sensi Seeds was good?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
What you grow?? how long you grow ??,maybe is your fault or fault by seed retailer ??

And every other pack insted of sensi have keepers. ???

NO pictures no nothing just bad words....that is why sensi seeds have bad reputation...did you ask your self em i good grower what mistakes i did ???

Yup. I was supposed to post pictures of someone elses grow in 1998. And I complained about my 0 germ pack immediately. Pics a were pretty boring. Then I grew a couple packs more than 10 years ago. Stfu. If sensi had any decent work currently then someone somewhere would be able to prove it.

And I am not even talking shit. I called the weed mediocre. I have grown way worse genetics. I will add that I can imagine keepers coming from the Black domina. I didn't care for it. Actually it made me sad and tired, not my favorite buzz. The skunk reminded of some weed I used to get in bricks for 400 bucks when I lived in Pueblo. Making me think Mexican farmers also bought sensi seeds. Not bad weed by any stretch. Just not fire.

Either way when I learned to grow. Posting it online was considered stupid by many people. I still rarely post grow pics. And when I do it is not of the strains I do not like.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You dont have to like sensi they are pricey like mercedes but they are first,and creators of seeds business.

If you like to buy A5haze S1 or Bubba kush or what every you want i dont have problems with that but all this comes from sensi stock. So what is watered down i dont know. If sensi lose their stock but they are not. They can make new good planst just every other pollenchuker made with seeds they buy at sensi store before....
In every seeds you will have to find the one. If they are indica dom 20 regs are good if they sat dom you need at least 50 seeds to grow. Peace to all put some pictures and grows not some statemen without logic.

Please post a picture of your keeper from Sensi.

Carraxe

Veteran
During the 90's Sensi was the symbol of the golden age of Dutch cannabis. Real breeding, new strains, great aromas and harvests. Glory.

After they lost all the parentals, they made something that says a lot about them: fool their customers and sell seeds that were undoubtedly garbage for a lot of money. That could be bankrupt for some growers. Anyway, that's not something any trustworthy source would do.

I can't say anything good about them. They ripped me and I spent a lot of money and time to grow the worst shit I've ever grown. They are out, there are people selling real works out there.

Fortunately, I managed to get some good cuts from the 90's. Jack Herer and Black Domina, that are always in my garden.

Don't spend time and money feeding fraudsters. I don't believe about their rebuilding of strains. I guess that some people just get lucky and get something that is not straight shit and keep them. But looking at what sensi grows are now, and the shape and description of the plants, smells, etc, I find clear they are just a façade. No homogeneity, sativas looking like indicas, indicas looking like sativas...

Good luck, I'd search anywhere else.

dugzy

Stopped growing their seeds near 20 yrs ago, varieties started showing very wild variations and runts and i thought to myself that they must have been f2 or f3 from seed stock, not mother/father clone repros. I got tired of putting good money after bad on poor quality, as they were the only seed company i knew at the time.

Maybe they improved these last few years but there is top quality around for far less money these days.

(*edit, Sorry Carraxe i have posted pretty much what you said at the same time... 'snap'! I totally agree with your words.)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You dont have to like sensi they are pricey like mercedes but they are first,and creators of seeds business.

If you like to buy A5haze S1 or Bubba kush or what every you want i dont have problems with that but all this comes from sensi stock. So what is watered down i dont know. If sensi lose their stock but they are not. They can make new good planst just every other pollenchuker made with seeds they buy at sensi store before....
In every seeds you will have to find the one. If they are indica dom 20 regs are good if they sat dom you need at least 50 seeds to grow. Peace to all put some pictures and grows not some statemen without logic.

Nevil Martin Schoenmakers was an Australian-born cannabis breeder known for founding the first cannabis seedbank, which was called "The Seed Bank of Holland"

Ben made the deal to buy Nev's castle and company while Nev was locked up in Australia 1990.

People said the quality went down hill .

Bud Jones

Yup. I was supposed to post pictures of someone elses grow in 1998. And I complained about my 0 germ pack immediately. Pics a were pretty boring. Then I grew a couple packs more than 10 years ago. Stfu. If sensi had any decent work currently then someone somewhere would be able to prove it.

And I am not even talking shit. I called the weed mediocre. I have grown way worse genetics. I will add that I can imagine keepers coming from the Black domina. I didn't care for it. Actually it made me sad and tired, not my favorite buzz. The skunk reminded of some weed I used to get in bricks for 400 bucks when I lived in Pueblo. Making me think Mexican farmers also bought sensi seeds. Not bad weed by any stretch. Just not fire.

Either way when I learned to grow. Posting it online was considered stupid by many people. I still rarely post grow pics. And when I do it is not of the strains I do not like.
Lol I think dude must work for Sensi .. I’ve been growing for 35 years , I don’t think the mid 2000’s Sensi stock sucked because of my growing errors ..However , based on threads of late , it seems like they may have invigorated current lines . Not a rabbit hole I’d like to go down when some of the originals are around.

clearheaded

lol somehow despite having thousands of beans they cant get good parents but seems like every tom dick and hairy happened upon a single bag seed that was Fuego... forsure it has changed when lost moms but change doesn't mean always bad.

djonkoman

Veteran
3. after high fade away you can feel it all day some kind of tirednes and relaxed state of mind and body.
It really makes you go on deep mental trips followed by a kinda “dazed tiredness” after i can go to sleep with no problem.

bit late to reply to this comment, but reading the 1st page this comment struck me as funny. funny because this feeling is described here as a positive trait.

this kind of effect is ime very common among most stuff sold in the cofeeshops around here, not just hazes, but if I buy anything at a coffeeshop I do usually buy hazes since it's usually the most sativa-kind of high on the menu, and except for the afterstone I always like hazes.

this effect is so common that in highschool we already had a name for it, we called it 'the afterstone'.

sometimes I can enjoy it(on a warm summer day, nothing to do all day and hanging out with friends in a park/near a river/beach), but most of the time I hate that afterstone daze clouding my mind. I see it more as a negative side-effect present in many hazes, not as a positive side of the high. my own crossings is mostly focussed on getting a nice sativa-type high without that dreadfull afterstone ruining the experience.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I remember spending hours reading the catalogue in the early 90s.
They certainly had some bad years, but haven't just sat on their hands. New things are in the catalogue and I think like most companies, have moved some production to Spain. Where light is cheaper and people sleep better at night.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club

A5Haze is not from Sensi, nor is C5Haze, Period.
Sensi seeds didn't create them, they are from Nevil's THE SEEDBANK OF HOLLAND.

ramse

. But looking at what sensi grows are now, and the shape and description of the plants, smells, etc, I find clear they are just a façade. No homogeneity, sativas looking like indicas, indicas looking like sativas...

not from my experience... as I said, I have a friend who in recent years has grown several sensory varieties, especially indica or hybrids indica. I remember, Black Domina, Hindu Kush, Super Skunk, Hash Plant, First Lady. Some good plants... Black Domina and Hashplant are the ones that have impressed me the most. The Hash Plant has a hyper resinous phenotype with large creamy calyxes. I remember with pleasure also the Hindu Kush, especially for the type of High, not devastating but very pleasant.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yes, I had same experience as a lot of post says in this thread. I was used to buy shiva skunks, super skunks and early skunks. especially early skunk was cheap for 35 guldens I think.. in that time I have no need for motherroom, you just buy pack and grew big plants, 3 from 4 females were simply stellar.. I bought last pack of shiva skunk around 2005, nothing like before, mediocre plants, apparently F2s.. I got pissed and next season I bought casey jones from american pollen chucker(he gave his pride and heart into his work, not like at sensi seeds full of employees which don't have any personal involvement in their varieties, except of getting money for living) I was surprised how sensational and multidimensional smoke is, compared to strong but very boring muddy sensi skunks.. second strain I grew it was bangi haze. I was amazed by effects, congo genetics just rulezz. later I got sour diesel cut, I thought myself something like another boring skunkweed, but oh boy how I was wrong. rocket weed. last year I got some samples of ancestral skunk released by skunkman, real skunk from 90´.. nah such a bore.. sour diesel genetics is the best skunkweed for me. I will stick with it.. cheers.

AstroTHC

I dont know what you guys grow,but every thing i grew its need selection.
Strains in cannabis does not exist we think that something wrote on seed pack is strain but it is not.
Without uniformity it is just seed pack with name.

I dont say sensi have the best seeds but they have original gentics and i know that.
Does anybody of you have evidence that sensi lose plants ??? Or it is just story telling..you grow 35 years.
Ben start growing in 1975 why do you think that he dont know how to breed good plants and know what are good gentics he work with people who also have passion and education on plants botany and cananbis??

Nevile was the best breeder he is like artist unique soul for shure Ben and Sam are more business people,but he also work in Sensi Seeds head breeder he was there.
I have respect for Nevile but i dont like hempy what u say that only his cuts are the best it is story for little kids who dont grow nothing from seeds.
Also other pople grow the same gentics and found their phenos like NY piff which is NL5xhaze froom the seed bank after sell all seed and plants goes by SENSI SEEDS name.

Im sure American strains comes all from Norther light acrid skunky pheno old school.
Neviile also say '':American growers are looking for the same thing,strong owerpowering two toke indica with huge yilds,my number one seller is Norther Lights....''
I grow every seed pack from sensi minimum 5x 50 seeds probably 100.
What i grow then and what i smoke now are the same phenos,cultivars what ever you want.
I know that some polen chukers have good plants in their gentics i grow them few and i found good plants from Karma,Bodhi,...the pollenchuk but they are transparent for informations and i like thet.

But after grow many ''strains'' i found all before smells and tastes so nothing new is made for my point of wiev.

IN 2020 we expecting SOUR(superskunk mostly) Bubba kush(NL5 mostyl) and A5 and C5 haze again NLxhaze and all this comes from sensi stock.

Before growers buy few pack and search today they sprout 3 seeds and buy them saying opinons about seed bank...litle crying kids....do you have better thing today than HP,NL5haze,JackHerrer,NL5,SuperSkunk you know answers boys you can say what you want but i know whit evidences that SENSI IS MOTHER OF YOUR CUTS YOU HAVE AT HOME.....

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I dont know what you guys grow,but every thing i grew its need selection.
Strains in cannabis does not exist we think that something wrote on seed pack is strain but it is not.
Without uniformity it is just seed pack with name.

I dont say sensi have the best seeds but they have original gentics and i know that.
Does anybody of you have evidence that sensi lose plants ??? Or it is just story telling..you grow 35 years.
Ben start growing in 1975 why do you think that he dont know how to breed good plants and know what are good gentics he work with people who also have passion and education on plants botany and cananbis??

Nevile was the best breeder he is like artist unique soul for shure Ben and Sam are more business people,but he also work in Sensi Seeds head breeder he was there.
I have respect for Nevile but i dont like hempy what u say that only his cuts are the best it is story for little kids who dont grow nothing from seeds.
Also other pople grow the same gentics and found their phenos like NY piff which is NL5xhaze froom the seed bank after sell all seed and plants goes by SENSI SEEDS name.

Im sure American strains comes all from Norther light acrid skunky pheno old school.
Neviile also say '':American growers are looking for the same thing,strong owerpowering two toke indica with huge yilds,my number one seller is Norther Lights....''
I grow every seed pack from sensi minimum 5x 50 seeds probably 100.
What i grow then and what i smoke now are the same phenos,cultivars what ever you want.
I know that some polen chukers have good plants in their gentics i grow them few and i found good plants from Karma,Bodhi,...the pollenchuk but they are transparent for informations and i like thet.

But after grow many ''strains'' i found all before smells and tastes so nothing new is made for my point of wiev.

IN 2020 we expecting SOUR(superskunk mostly) Bubba kush(NL5 mostyl) and A5 and C5 haze again NLxhaze and all this comes from sensi stock.

Before growers buy few pack and search today they sprout 3 seeds and buy them saying opinons about seed bank...litle crying kids....do you have better thing today than HP,NL5haze,JackHerrer,NL5,SuperSkunk you know answers boys you can say what you want but i know whit evidences that SENSI IS MOTHER OF YOUR CUTS YOU HAVE AT HOME.....

Biggest bunch of mis information I have seen in a while. Pure confusion or lies. I believe confusion so far........ but.....

AstroTHC

If Sensi still have all the original plants, how come the seeds are not what they used to be?
Must say i got some free packs of sensi jack, gave them all away. Still exploring but not going to buy sensi for sure. Paying for a mercedes and getting a wartburg, lol.

Cheers

I will buy few pack for you and you grow them here on ICmag and we see results. :huggg:

I know that you will find fire in them like many people did over the years. :tiphat:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Show us any grow or evidence of anyone finding keeper plants from any sensi strain since the year 2000.

When I began buying seeds I was looking forward to their legendary strains. And I came up empty handed. I have grown several hundred pack of seeds. From name brand expensive all the way to pollen chucking knock offs. I would not give sensi any of my money. I actually would be hesitant to waste garden space on their strains, even if free, knowing I could grow a seed that potentially is worth growing twice or even better keeping for years.