What's new

last desperate resort to improve bad taste caused by mould (molasses)

Ca++

iu

Cactus Squatter

I wonder if it's possible to cob it for eating?
The digestive system is tolerant of many things that are bad for our lungs. Just a thought....
It's possible rehydrating with citrus skins a little might work prior to the cobbing process. You have nothing to lose :)
Another option would be to make some edibles
I'm too tight to chuck out weed :p
Nope. To make proper cobs you need to start them while the plant is still initially drying, not after it has been infected with craploads of mold and then dried and powdered to a crisp. Rehydrating dried weed and attempting to cob it does not work. Rehydrating moldy dried weed is just asking for it to spread more mold.

The only thing moldy weed is good for is the trash bin. Lessons are learned and more weed can always be grown.

StickyBandit

Nope. To make proper cobs you need to start them while the plant is still initially drying, not after it has been infected with craploads of mold and then dried and powdered to a crisp. Rehydrating dried weed and attempting to cob it does not work. Rehydrating moldy dried weed is just asking for it to spread more mold.

The only thing moldy weed is good for is the trash bin. Lessons are learned and more weed can always be grown.
So what about baking? Is the mold different to the stuff found on bread?
Cheers :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
After being n the weed world for over 50 years, "to this very day" I have never heard of or found a case of someone dying from smoking weed that had mold on it. That's not to say it ain't bad for you because it is. Smoking anything is bad for the one that smokes it. Even campfire smoke is bad to the person that breathes it. IF you smoke, consider using a vaporizer instead. Smokers have hard deaths in the end, because of breathing issues. . 😎

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
After being n the weed world for over 50 years, "to this very day" I have never heard of or found a case of someone dying from smoking weed that had mold on it. That's not to say it ain't bad for you because it is. Smoking anything is bad for the one that smokes it. Even campfire smoke is bad to the person that breathes it. IF you smoke, consider using a vaporizer instead. Smokers have hard deaths in the end, because of breathing issues. . 😎
I have talked to several weed smokers that had an instance of bad pneumonia following smoking dubious products.
Happened to myself in Nepal with one particular hash- looked ok- smelled weird - took me a couple of months to get my lungs back.

Then there is also

You won t necessarily die, but it may cause you harm.

Ca++

I have a friend moving towards level 3 of a chronic lung condition, associated with such. It impossible to prove how he got problems, but all he has ever done is grow and smoke. Level 4 is hospital and death.

A bit of mold in the corner of a rental, and you get moved out if it's not fixed right away. So smoking it is going out of your way to find problems.

Wet it with something mold loves to grow on?

I'm surprised at your comment creeper. Are you really getting behind the idea it's okay?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's not ok to smoke anything friend, especially anything with mold growing on it. Smoking causes a lot of problems and if you smoke and have been for over 10 years you know what I'm talking about. Everyone knows smoking is bad for one's health in many ways. I used to smoke and I learned the hard way that smoking is just bad for anyone that smokes. I'm against smoking period, and I recommend anyone that who smokes stop right away. The poisons that build up in the body from tars are dangerous. The toxicity of any smoke will do damage to your lungs and overall health. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I have a friend moving towards level 3 of a chronic lung condition, associated with such. It impossible to prove how he got problems, but all he has ever done is grow and smoke. Level 4 is hospital and death.

A bit of mold in the corner of a rental, and you get moved out if it's not fixed right away. So smoking it is going out of your way to find problems.

Wet it with something mold loves to grow on?

I'm surprised at your comment creeper. Are you really getting behind the idea it's okay?
It's not ok to smoke anything friend, especially anything with mold growing on it.😎

Mattbho

I've tried pulling threw syringe filter. WHAT A GIANT P.I.A. went through 25 of those filters and only filtered 50ml out of 500ml ..

If I ever did it again it would have to be exceptional starting material. And also its got to be done in stages .45u being the very last because they clog easily . Cheese cloth , coffee filters , carbon , double coffee filters then the syringes 400 200 , 150 ,90 , 45

Mattbho

Grey wolf did a write up and they do a great job at remediation . Just a huge pain in ass and Uber time consuming

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Eating eating a bit of mold is one thing; not overly pleasant, but unlikely to kill you. Inhaling mold spores into lung is another thig entirely. Mold loves to grow in a warm and moist environment eg your lugs.

Onboard

can you give a link for us to see this .45um syringe filter and if possible too a picture of the bottletop filters for larger amounts you talking about please ???
Just echoing what every grown-up member already told you. Just toss it in the garbage. You will never make that same mistake again anyway.
If you must keep it, infuse it into coconut oil and eat it, but keep it to yourself. Explain it to your stoner friends, no big deal!

Forget about syringe filters and "bottletop" filtration. Like @Mattbho says, It is a PIA useless instruction! Very misleading and bordering on fraudulent. Not feasible using lab equipment.
And in the end, who would want to have anything to do with the final product, anyway?

Industrially, it is probably a very different story. Some high-pressure filter "remediation step" is probably already standard operating procedure for any commercial distiller aka "Extraction Artist". But I guess that's topic for a different discussion.