What's new

Lashkar GAH IX by High Country.

P

Paco

Landrace Afghani, From the Lashkar gah region of Afghanistan.
THose seeds are from an open pollination of the last of the original seed stock from Afghanistan. Plants go purple, finish 55- 70 days. As for the flowers some purple, the best plants are green. Flower density gets to be where mold can be an issue. Flavors are of the sweet afghan style, as well as aromas. There are some blue type smells. enjoy.

gingerale

Veteran
Lashkar Gah is a valley in southern Afghanistan....this is a very arid (desert) region, but the valley is fertile due to the Helmand River and the Afghans' extensive irrigation from it. Likely to be a bit different from the mountainous, high elevation Kush varieties.

I got 5 of these as freebs from the Bay.....looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Could be a quality line.

I

icon

any pics of lashkar gah i couldnt find any just deepchunk x lashkar gah

P

Paco

I can't find any of my pics. Tierra Tojo may have some in his album.

I

icon

thanks paco i'll check it out

cobcoop i noticed it looked like it was just dc maybe a lashkar backcross would drown out the dc a bit & even the hybrid out

since i did get them a pack from a friend (you know who you are) & a pack with my order i plan on making more pure lashkar for preservation this fall & possibly my own dc x lashkar.:woohoo:

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Icon, I hit some things with a male from those LGDC, and have been outcrossing them to try and get some different qualities in there, but that dc is pretty persistent. Makes nightmare black weed though in all the individuals I've run from the outcross. We call it, darkness

I

icon

i hear ya ive grown a few dc hybrids & most of the phenos are dc dominant even when i outcross them. i think i may do mazar x lashkar or another afghani i have & x lashkar with that instead hmmm pakistan chitral hybrid just came to mind.

P

Paco

just run the LKA by itself. you will find that any out cross to any other afghan,except the Kunduz, is a total waste of time. look to a better parent for your pollen. I think the afghans of today except this one has been over selected for minor quality traits that dominate in out crosses IMO. just saying. go pure before you make sure.

gingerale

Veteran
I ended up with 3/5. They are slow growing and ugly, showing signs of inbreeding depression. The leaves have a distinct cloud-like shape, with rounded corners. I'll keep yall updated on how they do. If nothing else maybe they will be useful for breeding.

gingerale

Veteran
Paco you seem to be knowledgeable on the Afghan strains, can you tell me more what i can expect from this one, and in comparison to other afghan strains? Ive smoked some hash in kabul and ive actually been to kunduz, but other than that im clueless lol. Thanks.

P

Paco

it's sweeter. purple on the leaf under sides. molds easy. I have not smoked much whole bud. But i did smoke all the debris from the seeded plants. It's good. Im just not that big of an indy fan.

gingerale

Veteran
Thanks that helps a lot actually, regarding mold. I just finished flowering a nice looking haze f2 pheno that unfortunately turned out to be susceptible to mold. I think its a probably a common trait from these more arid regions. Southern afghanistan is dry as a bone.

The Revolution

Veteran
I have some of the LGA and LGA x DC growing outdoors now. Thanks for the info guys. Im foreseeing mold issues with the LG. Id like to hybridize this with the pure afghani Sativa Ive been growing for years now. Could be a nice place to start. Id like to find a nice Kunduz afghani. Anyone working with them?

Latest posts

Latest posts