What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Veteran
You must realize that Las Vegas hosts at least ONE MAJOR GUN SHOW every month of the year. So it's COMPLETELY NORMAL for a hotel guest to be checking in with weapons. I'm sure lots of gun deals go down in hotel rooms. Security looks the other way, as Nevada has the most lax gun laws.

OJ had no problem bringing thugs with guns into a Vegas hotel room...

And of course gun owners can always trust each other, right, cause o' dem background checks?

If you got a gun in America (or 47 or more!) you are part of the CLUB (also known as NRA). It's a feeling of belonging, a generalized feeling of fear (of those who are different), and a mistrust of authority (police, gov't, neighbors) that drives gun sales. Oh, yeah and that subconscious need to feel something warm and hard in the hand... happiness is a warm gun, no?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just about every large hotel I have ever stayed at in the far east and in Europe has metal detectors that you have to put your luggage thru, and many you are physically searched on entry, and even if you show up legally armed with firearms, then you have to check them into a safe room, where you can collect them when you leave the hotel.

I suspect that these conditions will be introduced in the USA soon.

Lets keep this thread on topic, and respectful to all those that were injured and died.

....any cussing will be removed, and members warned who do so.

Last edited:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Metal detectors.

Would a law be required to force businesses to buy and install, I wonder.

Maybe similar to fire safety and elevator inspections.

May be a good time to speculate in that market...

igrowone

Veteran
Metal detectors.

Would a law be required to force businesses to buy and install, I wonder.

Maybe similar to fire safety and elevator inspections.

May be a good time to speculate in that market...

things are cooking in washingtonville, this is too big to not have actions
but current administration regulating hotels with federal law? he'll probably not do that, at least not on his initiative

geneva_sativa

Guy on 4Chan called it in September re: planned disaster in Las Vegas and new metal detector / backscatter machine requirements to be implemented.

Link in post 91 of this thread

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When i stayed in Las vegas in the late 90s at the Mirage Hotel i must say i never noticed any security except the huge chap who stood by the lifts and released the velvet rope so you could get by and into the lift and up to ya room,,,,,
As i had no interest in gambling i spent most of the time speaking to prostitutes at the bar and they enlightened me to how much they earn plus the amount of peeps they had to pay backsheesh/bribes to so they could work,,most seem to be doing this so they could pay there uni fees,,,,,,s2

M

moose eater

Despite the incredibly sad, and breathtakingly stark happenings, the statistical probability of falling prey to such horrendous attacks is still -far- less than being taken out by some idiot who confuses personal space and freedom of choice with their accelerator.

None the less, our liberties will fall by the way-side for the collective reactions to the nut-bars or conspiring ne'er-do-wells in our midst.

As far as the 2nd Amendment goes, though, the Jews of Warsaw (among others, including the Mujahedeen) showed that in times of need, and not having weaponry of one's own, there's still numerous options for arming one's self or a group. (I'll leave the specifics of that to the side-lines, lest someone really wants to know).

And of all the groups who harp on the 2nd, Bubba and his other brother Bubba are among those who cite the original intent of the 2nd frequently, but often fail to so much as raise a hand in opposition to truly tyrannical laws like Sec. 215 the USA PA, NDAA, etc., etc..

As far as 'checking' weapons at the desk in hotels, literature says that in towns in the old "Wild West," there were, indeed, periods of time during which open carry in some such places was prohibited, based on troubled times. But that was regional or municipal.

That left such actions or 'rules' to a situational criteria, wherein, for example, today, Chicago might implement such a policy, but Missoula Montana might not.

But it's 2:00 A.M., I've been trimming a little bit, and just sucked down a FINE Canadian whiskey, maple syrup, and 2% milk (on ice) night-cap. So I'll have to abstain from further resolving the Western Hemisphere's ills until tomorrow, or maybe the next day...

There's a Hawaiian reggae band playing in town tomorrow night that I haven't seen or heard from in over a decade (by my foggy recollection), H3, and there's more trimming to do, too, as well as celebrating the victory the local area received re. leaving cannabis shops open this last Tuesday, at the polls, so solving the world's ills may have to wait 'til perhaps Sunday, even..

Other than for the prospect of increased State Trooper patrols when leaving the reggae show, I'm not feeling up-tight about the possibility of social mayhem. Especially if they play Redemption Song. ;^>)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
ummm... aces are elevens, so 21! yes, i know. they CAN be ones.:) but no one is gonna draw a card with a jack & an ace on the table...

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Paddock, the Las Vegas shooter, broke out two windows in his hotel suite; One window faced the country music concert, the other window faced a group of large aviation fuel storage tanks. Paddock did shoot at the tanks and managed to puncture one of them... but there was no ignition of the fuel. Now it's come out that several weeks before the shooting, Paddock was at a Phoenix gun show trying to buy tracer rounds. Luckily the usual dealer for tracers was sold out that day. This story could have played out very differently.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I too heard that he shot at the fuel tanks but didn’t hear he punctured any. They said the tanks are constructed with multi layered walls to prevent just such a thing.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Very few guns in the UK compared to USA.
Very few gun incidents in the UK compared to USA.
Coincidence?

Owning a gun, does not protect you from guns!
No one owning a gun, does.

packerfan79

Veteran
Very few guns in the UK compared to USA.
Very few gun incidents in the UK compared to USA.
Coincidence?

Owning a gun, does not protect you from guns!
No one owning a gun, does.

The problem with this logic is criminals will now have an unarmed helpless population to go after. Also their will be millions of deaths if the government tries to seize people's guns. I guess the anti gun lobby would be ok with this. Not to mention you can kiss every word of the constitution good by. If politicians can get people to give up the 2nd amendment, the rest will fall like dominos. Civil war or, guerilla warfare will be inevitable. America doesn't give up freedom without a bloody violent fight, I also don't see most military members going along with this.

Dog Star

Veteran
We are specie that in case of weapons everybody need to have it or no body need to have it... combos in between are not good for citizen freedoms..

specialy those where goverment haves and citizens dont have any...

like EU is a case for example.. where citizens are emasculated by taking a weapons
and some serios resistance is forbidden in a start...

Catalunya is a proof... false democracy where hard equiped police beat benevolent citizens..

igrowone

Veteran
interesting about the guy's attempt to set the fuel tanks ablaze
evidence suggests this critter was planning on getting out alive, escaping in the chaos of the fire
which suggests his mental process was really screwed up, i'll vote for crazy on this one
now just what kind of crazy is not so clear

shaggyballs

Veteran
It has been proven when most people are believed to be armed, car jackings and mugging decrease.
I know I would think twice about jackin' a car in a state that most people are packin'.
How about you?

How would you feel about kicking in a door to rob a house you know is loaded with guns?
Would you feel the same if you could be sure there were no guns in the house, but you got yourself a gun from a cartel.

In UK there are cameras watching cameras watching people, facial recognition, and more.
I believe the UK has more cameras than any other country.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The us constitution is just a paper document and gets changed all the time. Just like a flag is just a coloured rag. Why do Americans think these things matter? Guns are a tool for killing. If you don't intend to kill, why own a gun? If you intend to kill, a gun is the last thing you should be allowed to own.

I don't rob people!
Cameras don't kill.

shaggyballs

Veteran
We are specie that in case of weapons everybody need to have it or no body need to have it... combos in between are not good for citizen freedoms..

specialy those where goverment haves and citizens dont have any...

like EU is a case for example.. where citizens are emasculated by taking a weapons
and some serios resistance is forbidden in a start...

Catalunya is a proof... false democracy where hard equiped police beat benevolent citizens..

And there is this to think about before you try and pry the guns away from american citizens.
The majority of americans say you can have my gun only when you pry it from our cold dead fingers. :biggrin:

geneva_sativa

yeah, GMT you might not rob people, but there are places that it is daily possibility. . .

case in point few weeks ago in Philadelphia, guy got shot in face trying prevent thief from taking car with his daughter inside.

I would like to see people be able to defend themselves.

USA is not the UK, never will be. . . so keep munching on your crumpets with your pinkys out straight, enjoy your cuppa tea, and worry about when the next car attack will happen over there, or acid thrown in someones face. . .

Betterhaff

Veteran
That is why the 2nd amendment is there in the first place, the writers wrote it to prevent oppression from the governing body. I really hope this thread doesn’t turn into a gun rights debate…that is a sure way to get it shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts