What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lap Does LEDs - My DIY Quantum Board Cabinet

-BRR-

First chime in. If ever a picture of health there. Impressive man.

Now i gotta go to page one and start over.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Day 40. They're starting to get a little ugly. Just thankful to have some decent smoke.

Glue
picture.php

Chem91
picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Wow, it looks like you can get really close to those strips and still get decent penetration. How far from the diodes are the tops?

Lapides

Veteran
Wow, it looks like you can get really close to those strips and still get decent penetration. How far from the diodes are the tops?

About an inch or so for the tallest colas. The fan is always running in there when the lights are on, so the diodes stay really cool. I have seen no harm done unless they actually start touching the light.

S

sourpuss

Nice show! I want quantum leds as well. Looks like you pushin them to hard. Overfed. Just water next and less food should help em.. no offense. Crispy bottoms vs soft yellow bottoms is a good sign.
Sorry my bad.. no idea if you use bottles or not lol..

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
About an inch or so for the tallest colas. The fan is always running in there when the lights are on, so the diodes stay really cool. I have seen no harm done unless they actually start touching the light.

Thanks, that's good to know. I have a feeling these will be that close as well.
picture.php

Lapides

Veteran
Day 50. Looking like I might give the Glue just another week before I chop it.

Said Glue -
picture.php

picture.php

Chem91 will probably go a little while longer, but not much, we'll see -
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Mad respect Lap...!!!... I just went through this entire thread and also your other thread that has the soma style beds... I loved your April fools joke.

I love ALL the results you get with your living organic soil...

I just want to say that you friggin kill it bro and you also take some nice ass pics too...
I could look at your bud pics all day long...

Peace man .

Lapides

Veteran
What's up guys. My wife had our first baby and her nursery is where the cabinet was so me growing anything got put on hold for a little bit.

But that forced me to move into a couple tents that are a little bigger than my cabinet and quite a bit more flexible.

I have P1 and GG4 in one tent under the 4000K flexible strip build. They ended up vegging WAY WAY longer than I wanted to, again because of the baby and all, so a lot of vegetation was chopped away. The P1s only have a few more inches to the top of the tent, but they've been staked already and I think they'll be fine.

P1-
picture.php

GG4-
picture.php

In the other tent I have AJ Sour Diesel and what I believe is Blackstar, under the 3500Ks I've been going with this whole thread.

Blackstar-
picture.php

Diesel-
picture.php

They're about 10 days in and looking pretty healthy. I had to throw the soil I was using down in the basement while it was still pretty cold and it took awhile for the bacteria in there to become active again. Plants were looking pretty shitty for awhile.

The soil I'm using is about a month away from being 5 years old. Pretty crazy. I just keep adding my own earthworm castings and try to keep the worms in the dirt happy with amendments. Not looking too bad and super cheap and super easy.

I think from here on out I'm just going to continue updating my other thread. I will continue expanding with LEDs and reusing and reamending my dirt and if this is interesting to you, please check out my other thread here and feel free to subscribe - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=267388

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
Congrates again Lappy!!! :yay:

Great to see you back on here, loving the upgrade. :tiphat:

LogRhythmic

Awesome grow, Lapides. I can't wait to try LED for my first indoor grow. I'll be ordering the growgreenled boards as soon as I can.