What's new

Landrace Warden

Vendor
That is really an amazing grow, The Gilgit Landraces are one of the best Trichome producers with very distinct growth pattern if we compare it with Kandahar's of much lower altitude than Gilgit having a difference of 1200 m elevation. The cold and wet resilience is outstanding in mid flowering.
We have done some amazing Landrace hunt in the year which is yet to be released both of our selections are much different than what many others are offering, upcoming #1 is a specimen with NLD Dominant structure but with a very lower flowering Max 8-week period. The next is Gilgit #2 with a Dominant BLD structure, colossal Christmas tree structure and a Pineapple dominated aroma followed by a burnt plastic and fuel note. Also #2 has a purple flowering bracts and with a contrast of green sugar leaves loaded with trichomes.

Gilgit #2, flowering branch tip. year 2023, Village: Hopper Nagar Gilgit #2
IMG_4966.JPG

Gilgit #2 Full specimen
IMG_4951.JPG

Gilgit #1, NLD dominant
IMG_5041.JPG

Landrace Warden

Vendor
Have done more selection worth trying but the seed drop ended on new year.
Very ltd packs, some of the things which i felt was missed in 2022 were covered in 23.
Definitely the work is challenged by the current situation in the region. who knows what the next year is going to bring, it could either 0 or something regarding the Cannabis in Afg. on the other side Pakistan is also seeking control over the illegal cultivation near the bordering regions.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is really an amazing grow, The Gilgit Landraces are one of the best Trichome producers with very distinct growth pattern if we compare it with Kandahar's of much lower altitude than Gilgit having a difference of 1200 m elevation. The cold and wet resilience is outstanding in mid flowering.
We have done some amazing Landrace hunt in the year which is yet to be released both of our selections are much different than what many others are offering, upcoming #1 is a specimen with NLD Dominant structure but with a very lower flowering Max 8-week period. The next is Gilgit #2 with a Dominant BLD structure, colossal Christmas tree structure and a Pineapple dominated aroma followed by a burnt plastic and fuel note. Also #2 has a purple flowering bracts and with a contrast of green sugar leaves loaded with trichomes.

Gilgit #2, flowering branch tip. year 2023, Village: Hopper Nagar Gilgit #2
View attachment 18945502
Gilgit #2 Full specimen
View attachment 18945501
Gilgit #1, NLD dominant
View attachment 18945503

Yes I agree. The gilget #2 selection were extremely unique and handled all forms of weather and fluctuations very well.

Another thing was a few specimens were quite skunky!

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#kandahar #black #three
from @LandraceWarden

Really turning black now

Def the father of blueberry and the blue line. and many others

afghanica archetype. #hindukush #hashplant
#rough
#rugged #raw

prob the best landrace I have ever grown over all. can’t wait until she is dried and cured to see how her terps put out

as the flowers and plants evolve. so do the subtle nuances of the nose.

like the cultivar as a whole: leaf structure, stalk and stem thickness, dense pistils and crusted trichomes…these images may not be the best but if I wasn’t making seeds she would probably ready.
Screenshot_20240205_055839_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_055856_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_055909_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_055924_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_055938_Samsung Internet.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#qualityassurance #check

#kandaharblack
#3 from @landracewarden

the father of blueberry.

this is such a beautiful specimen.

swollen pods of jumbo seeds. perfectly striped calyxes

she is a little shy of peak ripeness.

smells exactly like Grape bubblicous bubble gum / grape koolaid

Screenshot_20240205_060455_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_060509_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_060524_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_060541_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_060555_Samsung Internet.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In a time of commercial production, inferior breeding practices and Poly Poly selfed hybrids that have caused outbreaks of hemp/tobacco viruses stemming from weak immune systems

Start focusing more on true f1 hybrids and single sourced landraces as your plants or starting material for breeding with.

Pictures can paint a thousand words, videos on the other hand adds another dimension.

I've been told an multiple occasions from mutliple sources that the best premium hash comes from the plants that have a nice sweet bubblegummy bottom. @Landrace Warden certainly delivered the goods!

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As for the hopar valley gilgit #2 specimens...they were all stable , easy to grow I just put them in the worst spot of the garden.

I got 6 females and 1 male, I female was reached by a deer throught the fence and got totally eaten. Yikes. It was 2x bigger then the rest too.

The phenos consisted of
- very earth / musky
- freshly picked carrot / parsnip
- very skunky road kill type
- very kushy og type (tahoe)
- purple: a mix of the top 2 (strong earth carrots)

Compared to the kandahar black #3 (afghanica archetype) they were much more stretchy / airy / sativaish (grown under non optimal conditions)

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, those are fricking pretty flowers.
Oh ya. I agree.

The thing I love most about growing landraces and very old elite clones is being able to recognize them In other stuff I've grown or will grow.

I'm repeating myself here but I grew original blueberry from dj via chimera circa 2012. And always wondered "where the hell do these unique colors and terps come from?"

Well. Growing the kb3 this year answered the question over a decade later

Hype strains are great to grow now but to truely meducate ourselves about origins and heredity nothing g beats a solid landrace grow.

The Tahoe pheno of the hvg#2 def expressed I smell and look what I've experienced from Spannabis and Cali connection.

I love how the olfactory senses can trigger photographic memories and experiences passed!

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to be finished soon, running the 90s jack herer that was hoarded on hornby Island since then, thru my screens.

The kb3 will be next to wash. My guess is it will be class a dry sift

mm

Rory Borealis

Veteran
Oh ya. I agree.

The thing I love most about growing landraces and very old elite clones is being able to recognize them In other stuff I've grown or will grow.

I'm repeating myself here but I grew original blueberry from dj via chimera circa 2012. And always wondered "where the hell do these unique colors and terps come from?"

Well. Growing the kb3 this year answered the question over a decade later

Hype strains are great to grow now but to truely meducate ourselves about origins and heredity nothing g beats a solid landrace grow.

The Tahoe pheno of the hvg#2 def expressed I smell and look what I've experienced from Spannabis and Cali connection.

I love how the olfactory senses can trigger photographic memories and experiences passed!
"meducate".. Brilliant.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The kb3 made some of if not the sandiest type of sift I've had the pleasure to process

Not sure I can call it drysift becuase it all just stuck together into a gummy chunk

Screenshot_20240402_025042_Gallery.jpg

Hopar valley #2 coming up

Latest posts

Latest posts