What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well. I don't excited much about modern day strains. But landrace strains have always got pumped.

@landracewarden hooked me up big time. They also have super discreet packaging.

I'm still waiting on 2 more offensive strains from him.

Got 100% germination and these aren't even 2 weeks old.

mm
20230223_013945.jpg
20230223_014021.jpg
20230223_013955.jpg

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I feel the same way med-man. What are you using to sprout your seed? Is that Rockwool I can't tell by looking. If so what is the ppm you are using for your seeds? Do you plan to grow these in soil or hydro? I would love to watch this grow. Please keep me posted.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
20230314_094933.jpg
20230314_094957.jpg

update on gilget #2 (right) and kandahar #3 from @landracewarden

bumped ec up to 0.6
ph 5.6

older growth got a bit hot from the closer New strip lights. nothing stunted.

#landrace #landracewarden #medmanbrand #lordofloud #hindukush #kush #cannabis #Afghanistan #Pakistan

Attachments

• 20230314_094957.jpg
    20230314_094957.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230314_094933.jpg
    20230314_094933.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Quick update. Of @landracewarden #gilget #kandahar selections

Text book c afghanica. Tough sturdy stinky stems. Broad squat leafs. Dark in nature. Great black colors on the kanahar.

They are noticeably different plants in all aspects. Both have a classic ghani top smell to the stem rub. But clearly different once those terps oxidize a bit.

Anyone know or who can tag someone that's knows if my mutant kandahar #3 is jusmmt a trifoliate or

tetraploid?
20230319_172635.jpg
20230319_172645.jpg
20230319_172658.jpg
20230319_173140.jpg
20230319_173147.jpg
20230319_173348.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.Mantis

Quick update. Of @landracewarden #gilget #kandahar selections

Text book c afghanica. Tough sturdy stinky stems. Broad squat leafs. Dark in nature. Great black colors on the kanahar.

They are noticeably different plants in all aspects. Both have a classic ghani top smell to the stem rub. But clearly different once those terps oxidize a bit.

Anyone know or who can tag someone that's knows if my mutant kandahar #3 is jusmmt a trifoliate or

tetraploid?
If you know someone with a decent compound microscope, acetocarmine staining of root tips is a good procedure for chromosome counting. That should give you an indication of the ploidy level.

Dr.Mantis

Thank you

Are they visual key indicators otherwise?

mm
Tetraploid and polyploids usually have larger stomata, but a fewer number of them. You can visualize these with leaf imprint ( I use clear nail polish) and a cheap compound microscope. I’ll post a “how to” at some point. I’m going through polyploid induction right now.

Tetraploid also tend to have larger leaves. However, without a control, leaf size isn’t really conclusive since it could just be phenotype variation.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So it's time to start to harden off the indoor plants.

One of the biggest mistakes us growers can make is to rush a process. Or overdue things. Both apply in this case

I start by making sure it's a cloudy or semi cloudy day. It's a must to have them behind glass like a window to ensure uv and harsh light get filtered. If it's very cloudy that's actually better for day 1. Just not necessary.

They will spend half the day exposed on a day like today

The kandahar #3 and gilget #2 from @LandraceWarden are amazing specimens to say the least. Sturdy plants. Strong sour aromas!

20230410_153041.jpg

Dr.Mantis

Looking good!

I just harvested two Maruf black females from Tony Greens seeds. They both smell quite sour as well. I wonder if that’s an afghani thing?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good!

I just harvested two Maruf black females from Tony Greens seeds. They both smell quite sour as well. I wonder if that’s an afghani thing?
No way dude. I'm working on getting some green reds a blacks direct from there

Anymore specific terps from yours?

mm

Dr.Mantis

No way dude. I'm working on getting some green reds a blacks direct from there

Anymore specific terps from yours?

mm
I grew two females in solo cups, so not the best representation. I am currently flowering two clones ( one of each female) again under better conditions.

One female was all green, the other had beautiful calyxes and fan leaves late in flower. The plants themselves are pretty similar in aroma when you approach them. Sort of a sour menthol/herbaceous aroma. The curing flowers now are starting to change in aroma. To me the purple pheno is a bit more interesting. Kind of a sour incense smell, with hint of something almost meaty or cheesy. All around beautiful plants and easy to grow. I wish I could get my hands on the green and red versions. Be sure to let us know how they do!

C6816DFB-A078-4395-AAC2-2E99FB745504.jpeg
Top: non purple pheno, bottom: purple/black pheno. Both growing in deli containers, about 1 week into flip.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew two females in solo cups, so not the best representation. I am currently flowering two clones ( one of each female) again under better conditions.

One female was all green, the other had beautiful calyxes and fan leaves late in flower. The plants themselves are pretty similar in aroma when you approach them. Sort of a sour menthol/herbaceous aroma. The curing flowers now are starting to change in aroma. To me the purple pheno is a bit more interesting. Kind of a sour incense smell, with hint of something almost meaty or cheesy. All around beautiful plants and easy to grow. I wish I could get my hands on the green and red versions. Be sure to let us know how they do!

View attachment 18832962
Top: non purple pheno, bottom: purple/black pheno. Both growing in deli containers, about 1 week into flip.
Thanks man!
New Update coming soon

Also gotta line on red green and black maruf