What's new

Landrace strains???

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Durban Poison from Sensi Seeds .... very nice smoke , with a sharp taste , sometimes rough on the throat , but its maturing here every year with relatively no mold [47.NL]

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I could care less how many hands they pass through or the politix, I'm interested in the genes. ;)

Their Afghan is the truest looking I've ever seen, at least the pic is lol

I was searching for the oldschool gold afghani that used to be around the PNW in the late 70's/80's. Gold all the way through, looked & smelled like it was covered in blonde hash with just a slight hint of maple.
After 30 yrs, its still in my top3 ever. The other 2 were CG based. 1 in Kona & the other from a greenhouse in AZ.
If these don't run true? I'll grab some Maple Indica. ;)

Their Columbian Golds sure look spot on, barely sexed so we'll see,
Found a bit of cupping now down low, due to low light & a few fingers of a fan that was under a big indica leaf, thus my low light diagnosis.

I'll watch the N, appreciate the tip marijuanamat.

Cool thread, need to breed some landraces back into these hybrids & get back some of the really unique diversity that used to exist.
All the different varieties were a big adventure lol
Street bud is totally homogenized nowadays. :(

Plan on popping the Afghans real soon, need to cull a few things first...

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
@ medical_shed, thanks for the N tip too. ;)

Agree on the flower time on their CG, its looking more like 12-15 at 3 weeks in, no way will it make the 9or10 they say, that & the nice slender fans is why I was saying its looking legit.
Their CG pic looks pretty bulbous too lol Its 75sat/25indo, but from what I'm seeing, I'm expecting spears, not nuggy colas.

Peace

MANDALA YO!!!!!!!!!

I know you mentioned African, but I've had an awesome Experience With the Mandala Folks yo. Very helpful and Pure, in regards to ehuman.

Their shit stuff is all hybridized, but with the exception of Hashberry, everything else is made from some bad ass Landrace Genetics, Very Vigorous and hearty and can take the occasional screw up in temps and stand pretty tall to diseases and bug probs. if you have them.

Good Luck , Just my 2 cents

tb :rasta:

HarryNugz

chef, would love to see your columbians. i have a few going myself from seed. would like to compare.

M

medical_shed

I have to agree with GrooveySituation, if you want to try some real landrace genetics that are suitable for indoor grows and are really amazing you have to check out ACE as they are the best and there's no skunk genes in sight, they're very open about the lineage of their plants, their flower times are pretty accurate and they're really nice guys who you can easily get advice from.

Last edited:

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
HarryNugz said:
chef, would love to see your columbians. i have a few going myself from seed. would like to compare.

Hey HarryNugz :) how does a guy add pics to his gallery here? Do I need 50 posts?

I have 1m & 1f now, 3.5' tall, thin & lanky in 1gals, have been fighting for light amongst all the 5/10gal bushes.
They're looking more like 12wks now than my 15 estimate too.
After seeing these CG's firsthand, the accusation that they have Skunk in them is laughable, although I'd agree with that ID from the pic.
I'm not sure how one would equate that big gold Afghan cola pic to Skunk? other than being part of the original recipe.
The most suspect looking IMO is their Thai, looks mighty chunky for thai! lol

@GroovySituation & medical_shed, thanks, I'll give Ace a look, still need a landrace Mexi & I'll have all the original Skunk ingredients. I am planning on using a widow/thai or my sat dom cut as a mexi sub for now.

Cool thread ;)

Last edited:

HarryNugz

i guess you need 50 posts to upload, but not sure. 3.5' is nice size. mine are about 2' and 3 others are just over 1'. don't want them too big before start of flower so they end at a nice height.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
@HarryNugz: Watch it, they really take off lol slow to show sex too 3+ weeks, stopped running & setting up fine now. I'll post pics asap.

@curious101: I was feeling a bit more adventurous than Sensi :p Sensi & SSSC are my goto guys if things dont work out? I like some chance & randomness in things too, like my 1 off Skunk recipe. It can lead to some real "Eureka!" moments ;)

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
No sign of Skunk in this girl, looks exactly like what I was hoping for so far.
4 weeks in, 8-10 to go...

6076610-04-WOS-CG-med.jpg

VirginHarvester

Veteran
chef said:
I have their Afghan & Pakistani on deck. ;)

My 2 dabloons

Would appreciate your keeping us posted. I was interested in WOS but couldn't find a lot of good info. On a different board a respected grower tried three of their strains to decide if they wanted to carry their landrace genetics and scrapped the grow because of hermies and just crappy overall results. Maybe he just got some crappy seeds. If their AfghanKush was for real I would def order but haven't seen any grown out.

Thanks.

M

mexilandrace

thebandit777 said:
MANDALA YO!!!!!!!!!

I know you mentioned African, but I've had an awesome Experience With the Mandala Folks yo. Very helpful and Pure, in regards to ehuman.

Their shit stuff is all hybridized, but with the exception of Hashberry, everything else is made from some bad ass Landrace Genetics, Very Vigorous and hearty and can take the occasional screw up in temps and stand pretty tall to diseases and bug probs. if you have them.

Good Luck , Just my 2 cents

tb :rasta:

hashberry has landrace in it, just not sativa, I think Mike puts landrace it in all his strains

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
VirginHarvester said:
Would appreciate your keeping us posted. I was interested in WOS but couldn't find a lot of good info. On a different board a respected grower tried three of their strains to decide if they wanted to carry their landrace genetics and scrapped the grow because of hermies and just crappy overall results. Maybe he just got some crappy seeds. If their AfghanKush was for real I would def order but haven't seen any grown out.

Thanks.

No prob, be happy to & was already planning on it.
I'll document the CG above for the rest of her run & I just popped 2 Afghan fems (reg 10pks were out of stock), 2 Paki fems & 2 KC Brains TNR's. (old skool thai hybrid)
100% germ rate, all 6 had good tails in under 48hrs, all are up & straight in soil at day 5, waiting for first leaves to see some fan thickness?

I found some hermie threads about WOS fems too when researching them, was about all I found also. There was enough info to limit the problems to the fem line though, found no neg reports on their reg beans.
That gold Afghan pic just looked too good not try for myself lol

I should probably do my 1st diary for these new beans?

cheers

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
The real seed Co looks nice though... seedsman aswell. Also some interesting things in ACE seeds from spain...

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I'll have to check them out too, was really impressed with Ace & Mandala.

cheers

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
My WOS CG is looking about ready at 10ish weeks, giving her another 7-10 days while I try to golden her up a bit by stripping bark & girdling.
No real signs of gold after a couple days, other than natural senescence. I need to crank down the girdle strap tonight & will take some pics.
Smells sweet & musky, maybe a hint of over ripe melon? Never smelled anything quite like it, a test doob the other day was bigtime up buzz.
Looking like a zip of rare sativa stash! :)

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Here's the WOS Columbian Gold (non-fem seed) @ 77 days 12/12.

The WOS Afghani & Pakistan Valley fems just hit 12/12, will update those later too. The Afghani looks like a classic Affy & the Paki is looking like a bushy hashplant.

cheers

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Nice looking colombian you've got there chef looks like a pure sativa from that pic,but real santa marta colombian gold is 100% sativa,WOS colombian gold is advertised as being 25% indica so it can't be a landrace,its little things like that and the bullshit simon bolivar story and the other descriptions they put together to try and make them sound credible.
It'll be nice to see a few more people grow em out tho.

Last edited:

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Yeah, def not the same as their pic, def sativa though.
Skinniest leaf fingers I've seen in decades.
Some oldschool sativa stash was my goal, so I'm happy. ;)

I'll update the Afi & Paki soon, they're looking much closer to the ad pics.

cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts