What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[Landrace] Malawi, Durban (CBG), Ethiopian and Honduras

ikinokori

If they stopped reflowering and hairs are all browning up, it sounds time (that was fast from you last pics). How are the trichomes? Can you get some pics up? If I'm not mistaken, you don't like too speedy or anxious high? This sounds like she might be potent and right were you like them.
Can't wait to see them!
Peace, God bless

I will try to take new pictures. IT doesnt seem to make new pistils anymore indeed. i will have to backcheck, because i already thought that, and three days later, bam, whole new reflowering haha

I indeed do not like "speedy highs", i mean i actually like it, its more the anxiety that comes with it that scares me. But if a strain is speedy, i like it to be speedy and not mellow it by letting it rippen further so if it is like that, that is ok do not worry

right now, trichome is still cloudy. no golden trichome, and a few amber trichomes there and there still. but no new pistils and she is indeed browning up

Last edited:

ikinokori

Malawi is dry. Took longer to dry than durban (almost two weeks) maybe because it was so dense. Not a single mold not even under the microscope, does not smell like mold either at all. the old sock smell is now an aftersmell, the mandarine/agrume/citrus smell is back and the main smell. It smells good... and then weird... then good again. Very strange and fascinating haha, makes for a very interesting strain and one that make people talk

look is very dense, like an indica while looking nothing like an indica. Buds are very sticky, and it is so full of resin, once trimmed, it looks like a diamond under a light, some more "amber diamond" but it is very shiny. here are a few untrimmed budshot, i only trim when i smoke and let cure untrimmed :

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Malawi is dry. Took longer to dry than durban (almost two weeks) maybe because it was so dense. Not a single mold not even under the microscope, does not smell like mold either at all. the old sock smell is now an aftersmell, the citrus smell is back and the main smell. It smells good... and then weird... then good again. Very strange and fascinating haha, makes for a very interesting strain and one that make people talk

look is very dense, like an indica while looking nothing like an indica. Buds are very sticky, and it is so full of resin, once trimmed, it looks like a diamond under a light, some more "amber diamond" but it is very shiny. here are a few untrimmed budshot, i only trim when i smoke and let cure untrimmed :

View Image

View Image
Congratulations my friend! Malawi is a very high resinous plant and as such, can add a lot of resin and power when outcrossed. My Honduran x Malawi is almost gone and all the plants were outstanding, great smoke. You'll be harvesting your HxM soon enough. Great job!
Peace, God bless

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Malawi is dry. Took longer to dry than durban (almost two weeks) maybe because it was so dense. Not a single mold not even under the microscope, does not smell like mold either at all. the old sock smell is now an aftersmell, the mandarine/agrume/citrus smell is back and the main smell. It smells good... and then weird... then good again. Very strange and fascinating haha, makes for a very interesting strain and one that make people talk

View Image

View Image
Gorgeous! She's giving me a woody.

SolarLogos

How is the Honduran my friend? Has she stopped reflowering, amber trichomes yet? I bet it's getting close.
Good luck, can't wait to see how her progress has been in a week. She is really lovely!

Peace, God bless

ikinokori

Hello :) It is chopped, the pistils were at least 70% brown, no reflowering anymore. 15 weeks since 11/13, spent her last 5 weeks in 10/14. she was on her end. Trichomes were still cloudy, few ambers there and there at most.

She is gorgeous and huge. She is so tall she barely fits in my drying box upside down. I will remember growing her.

Smell is very organic, very animal. I've seen dubi talking about foie gras and that alwasy striked me as the most accurate way of describing its smell.

ikinokori

i put a cisor next to it because a friend told me it was hard to read. What a monster !! She is much, much bigger than a lot of indica i have grown, and this plant has the rootball of a 1 gallon plant and was grown with lower feedings than the minimum recommended values of my fertilizer program... amazing

update : i changed the cisor pic, it was not really accurate, this one is more

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

ikinokori

Here is a early small smoke report of durban after a week or so

Smell : too early to say, slightly liquorice-ish maybe

Taste : mostly green. Not cured.

Effect : to update, the effects are changing a lot with curing

This is very early, and effects can change a lot with curing. None of the strain i tried are well cured, and i believe the more sativa, the longer the cure, so I will do an update of it maybe next month, and then in a few months.

Last edited:
G

Hi Ikinokori!:tiphat:
Beautiful thread and plants! Also thanks for the toke reports.Which vape do you use at those higher temps?

ikinokori

Thank you :)

I used the Firewood 5 vape, it is a portable convection vape all in wood, glass and ceramic. you can really customise the temp (from 200 to 500°F ) so you can easily microdose with it , it looks like this :

IMG_3371.jpg

Last edited:

ikinokori

Thanks man :D I agree, so far, it is my favorite of the 4, and thats a lot to say when you know she ended her life terribly while the other were doing well till the end

Last edited:
G

Thank you :)

I used the Firewood 5 vape, it is a portable convection vape all in wood, glass and ceramic. you can really customise the temp (from 200 to 500°F ) so you can easily microdose with it , it looks like this :

View Image

Oh yeah,I know it!Was/is under my radar...But spent quite a few on vapes since I started vaping only for the last 1 and a half years :biggrin: Beautiful piece!

I am used to high temps,mostly with my butane vapes and it surprises me every time I go low and achieve quite different experience.

You made me very interested in Ethiopian ;)

SolarLogos

Congratulations on your harvest my friend! That was quite an indoor project you took on, growing those tall wild landraces indoors and handled it like the pro you are! Huge yield also. After a nice cure come the sweet rewards. With Honduran, at least 1 month cure to sample and you will have a very good idea where it is evolving towards. After 3 months it's great. 6 is amazing but 9 months it is clean and refined, taste, smell, so smooth. The high is really clean and there is no tiredness from smoking it all day.

I haven't had the Ethiopian, but I imagine it would be right up there next to Honduran on my list. I picked up an 1/8th of SSH from the dispensary yesterday afternoon, outdoor Humboldt, yada yada. I finished the last 2 joints with coffee this morning and I realized, the Honduran x Malawi is still the best weed I've smoked in years, Honduran close behind. I haven't tried my purple satellite yet, but... You just can't go wrong with Honduran.
Congratulations again my friend.
Peace, God bless

ikinokori

Oh yeah,I know it!Was/is under my radar...But spent quite a few on vapes since I started vaping only for the last 1 and a half years :biggrin: Beautiful piece!

I am used to high temps,mostly with my butane vapes and it surprises me every time I go low and achieve quite different experience.

You made me very interested in Ethiopian ;)

What i like to do is go by the three temperature, so i can get much wider range of terpene and cannabinoid. I learned even vaping too high, you are burning some terpene, and it gives a good overall effect ^^

And yes i love the ethiopian... Im sure its not for everyone, but her effect is so different, i really like it.

Congratulations on your harvest my friend! That was quite an indoor project you took on, growing those tall wild landraces indoors and handled it like the pro you are! Huge yield also. After a nice cure come the sweet rewards. With Honduran, at least 1 month cure to sample and you will have a very good idea where it is evolving towards. After 3 months it's great. 6 is amazing but 9 months it is clean and refined, taste, smell, so smooth. The high is really clean and there is no tiredness from smoking it all day.

I haven't had the Ethiopian, but I imagine it would be right up there next to Honduran on my list. I picked up an 1/8th of SSH from the dispensary yesterday afternoon, outdoor Humboldt, yada yada. I finished the last 2 joints with coffee this morning and I realized, the Honduran x Malawi is still the best weed I've smoked in years, Honduran close behind. I haven't tried my purple satellite yet, but... You just can't go wrong with Honduran.
Congratulations again my friend.
Peace, God bless

Thank you :D Thanks for having stayed here with me and for the encouragmene,t this means a lot really ^^ The honduras is the only one i did not try really, you make me even more eager... Her smell is lovely, now that is close to dry, it has less "animal" smell like foie gras, and something more floral to it. The animal food part is still there, very interesting smell.

ikinokori

Early smoke report of ethiopian after chopping

Smell : very faint. Doesn't smell like weed.

Taste : Smoother than i would have thought. Smoother than durban for sure, but still green. Which is funny, cause the durban was flushed, and not the ethiopian.

Effect : Very clear. Close to no bodystone, although i feel a light aura, but 80% of the "body effect" is concentrated in an area of my upper face,like a triangle region of my forehead and nose ( the brain ? frontal cortex?) Slight mental impairements, but few, not "blurry", although i could see myself getting lost and lose track of stuff around me. Focused i would say.

Effects right now have a little bit two face for me. If i smoke little, typical non racey, antiparanoia african high (from what i got) that has good vibe to it. However, i discovered it can get a little trippy at higher dosage. Like i was focusing, and just lost myself on my thoughts, with my eyes being less and less the focus of my vision, but the images in my brain being more. I had to "snap out of it" kind of like when we are lost in thoughts, daydreaming... but it was much deeper and powerful than typical daydreaming at your desk. The good vibe didn't disappear though, it just felt trippier overall

the overall sensation smoking it was close to something being lifted of my weight. I feel lighter, almost "younger" (?), it is very strange. This is very different from the uncured durban, who did the opposite in kind of a numbing way, not in a "heavy" way like an old school indica (and it is much lighter also, i could totally see some friend saying to methere is close to no body effects...).

I also noticed i want to do stuff with the ethiopian. Seeing my friends, calling my family... Very good /motivating feeling, i wouldn't say social like the honduras maybe where i wanted to talk and have fun, it is more of a loving thing. Positive, loving thinking.

Last edited:

ikinokori

early smoke report of honduran

picture.php

Smell : it stands out from all the other strain. Malawi has a really fruity agrume smell which i feel a lot would appreciate more but the honduras, i don't know... It has, i may say, an "old school smell". It reminds me of a haze i used to smoke a long time ago, but with its own personnality. The "animal/organic" smell which was heavy during flowering is now lighter, and it is now more floral, a lot more incense, but in a very cannabis way. Very "incense/floral/ slightly exotic fruit", i wouldnt know how to describe it. Its not " sweet" per say, but it is hard to say, It just has that old school, hazy smell, of burned incense /spices and so on. oh yes i know, if i could say how it tastes, its similar to how it smells in veg but roasted. That very in your nose, south american smell that i absolutely adore and did not smell in years. I feel other plants from there have similar terpenes, because i remember when i smelled them in veg, it almost brought back memories of when i was a child in south america, like a madeleine de proust. Or maybe i was hanging out with too many smokers haha.

Taste : tastes very similar to its smell if it was roasted, and is surprisingly the tastiest right now.

Effect : theya re changing a lot, to update, so i removed the previous comment.

Overall, i thought i loved the ethiopian the most, and in terms of effects, maybe, but wow that old school smell / effect... it is very central / south american smell, like old time cannabis, just smelling it brings me joy, and smoking it puts me in a hazy mood, sunset, dreamy. It clearly stands out of them all as of right now, my favourite uncured, the following being the ethiopian.

i only smoked malawi once but it was not a good smoke session so i need to try again, and am not a big fan of the uncured durban. its not bad, it's actually pretty ok, it has good effects and nice smell, but it has too many similarities with the ethiopian while being not as clear / good. Maybe cure will give it a different personnality

Last edited: