What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[Landrace] Malawi, Durban (CBG), Ethiopian and Honduras

ikinokori

hello. My plants are doing fine. I will chop the durban probably this week (11 weeks), the malawi maybe next week or a little after.

i just came by to say that the amazon rainforest is burning. Nobody is talking about it in my country. Most people aren't even aware of it here.

please spread the word.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
hello. My plants are doing fine. I will chop the durban probably this week (11 weeks), the malawi maybe next week or a little after.

i just came by to say that the amazon rainforest is burning. Nobody is talking about it in my country. Most people aren't even aware of it here.

please spread the word.

Yep. It's only 20% of our oxygen.

F2F

Amazon burning

Amazon burning

Iki,

I saw this on BBC today. It made my heart break completely. I never know what to believe in the news anymore, but it seems it is intentional to clear the forest with fire. what are the Brazilians thinking is the cause? BBC said São Paulo was "blacked out" for 1hr due to smoke!

Best,
F2F

Home-Grown

interesting, thank you

Hoped to demonstrate intuitively, how the elements are divided up in products.
I thought it might be interesting given our discussion of frass etc
I use the 3Part GH Flora Coco Grow with good results.

The 2Part version with all Magnesium coming from Epsom is yet to be tested.
Welcome any feedback, particularly on replacing GH Bloom with Epsom.

ikinokori

Yep. It's only 20% of our oxygen.

I hope one day we will stop what we are doing... i think we will, i have seen a lot of acknowledgment recently and i feel humanity is starting to learn to accept each other and respect also. we have a long way to go, even i also, i am part of all of this, but i feel we may have started the switch from wanting to conquer everything, be the best, the most, and better than other people to being content and respecting each other and where we live. It has been ages since we worked like that, even in old history books it was all about destroying, conquering and killing, and in a few years, even weeks, i have seen the first sign on a global scale that we may start to realize this is the issue and start to move on . I am very hopeful for us

here is an update about the grow : it is almost 13 weeks, I have chopped two plants (malawi and durban) at around 12weeks and half.

I have made a few findings about my experimentation : insect frass is great and seems to be enough by itself as npk food for sativa. palm ash is not as good and very complicated to use. It burns a lot, i do not understand the dosage on the package, specially since the company selling it aims cannabis growers. It works great at very low dosage at low frequence of application. IT is the only thing that made my durban swole, it was really stagnant, and a few application later, it started swelling intensely. the package says 50g per 15l, i would say more 5 gram per 15 liter. Insect frass seems to be enough for global NPK nutritionAlso, when the durban hitted full blown senescence, there was nothing i can do to green her up with it. It swelled a lot, increased a lot in size but did not green up while if i gave her more "immediate food" like my bottled nutes, it would. That is very interesting, it seems the insect frass is a lot less intrusive with the n, while still being able to provide enough since the malawi didnt even yellow much during the entire 5 weeks it has been on it.

a second finding is that topdressing works but it is not optimal without having made your soil yourself but relying on a light mix. i started to run on some smaller deficiencies, and apparently the bioflores has minerals which my soil have not so it started to appear after 4 weeks. My biocanna soil is very light, it does not seem to have a lot in it and people seem to say it is a lot of air and nothing else much.

Last finding, repotting in huge pots so late was not a good idea. the rootball of my malawi was just a tad bigger than before, and the durban was litterally the same size as my one gallon pot. i knew i uppoted her way too late. Strangely, the malawi was done before the durban, while it kept growing after the durban stopped its stretch (it stopped maybe after 3 weeks of flowering or a little more)

ikinokori

Update at week 13

Update at week 13

Ethiopian is the most intriguing plant i have ever seen. It was very small for weeks, then started outgrowing everyone, has budded a lot and display what seems to be the "sativa reflowering" like i see often in forum, aka looks full on ready with almost only brown pistil, then 3 days later it is covered in white pistils... , i have fed it very low nutrient because i wanted to see her stop clawing and see how it reacts and it seems it does indeed hate high amount of nitrogen but dealt with it. very hard to read. I actually don't know if she will be ready next week or in 5 weeks. I will chop her at the same time than the honduras, so i reduced the amount of food but it reacted terribly to it. in 1 week and half , half of the leaves died. i have never seen that, all the other ones had more or less a classic reaction (durban had a progressive yellowing, Malawi didnt yellow much, honduras started recently but very slowly, losing aybe 3 leaves in 7 days) still, the female budded a lot and everywhere, but she is in her last run i feel (maybe a few weeks left top) so i really want to try to grow the strain again in a better, more natural environment with only amendment and low nitrogen, i feel it deserve to be grown much better than what i did here to see her real potential.

Honduras is as always, unstoppable. shes huge, buds a lot. very beautiful. It has a very airy texture, buds are not dense at all, yet they are not "leafy" either. health is very good for a plant with low nutrients and close to being chopped. yellowing started maybe a few days ago only, i may have to reduce further the amount of food since she seems to have only 2 or 3 weeks left.

Malawi doesnt smell like blueberry anymore, more like citrusy fruit. maybe it was in my head ? it is slightly acidic in smell. Very nice. IT was very green when i chopped her. even though reduced a lot the food, it did not yellow a lot which is very strange since it got much lower nutrients than the ethiopian, who yellowed almost entirely all of the sudden. The budding in the late stage was very intense, it is FAT ! i hope i did not mess up, i really tried for her to hit senescence and yellow but it didnt, i hope the taste will be ok. the smell is incredible. The main cola is very big also, a real beauty. I may have chopped her tad too late, it still had white pistil but not much, maybe 10 per cent tops. very few amber trichomes, so i think its gonna be killer still.

Durban finished well but clearly looked very small. after analyzing the rootball, i know why, it was a 1 gallon plant in a 4 gallon pot. NExt time i will measure plants everyday to see when the stretch reduced to be able to uppot her and her being able to spread its roots. Very peculiar smell, reacted very well to the lowering of food. typical senescence, beautiful with colors and close to no ugly splotches. i think i chopped her at the perfect time, during the last reflowering. could have stayed maybe 1 week more tops.

Last edited:

ikinokori

malawi (the stick is 1 meter long for reference)

picture.php

Durban

picture.php

Home-Grown

[FONT=&quot]Hi ikinokori,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Top dressing is always going to be troublesome in regard to dosage.
A lot of Organic and Hydro processes are not really compatible in application.
PK are critical in bloom, organics could limit achievable results.
Thanks for sharing your experience with palm ash.

Purely experimental:
I soak and flush cow manure to rinse out urine and reduce soluble elements.
Put manure through a grinder, and thoroughly mix 5L manure to 100L coco.
Soak, mix, leave for a few hrs between and drain.

When the liquid with submerged coco is <50 ppm I drain and press out water.
I then add 2ml/L calmag until the coco resembles concrete and soak 3hrs.
Then flush out to <50 ppm again, drain and press out water.
Finally I soak the coco with the desired nutrient concentration before use.

Even using standard treatment, coco is a pain in the arse and wastes a lot of high quality water in treatment. Coco is the lazy mans medium.

I think Frass and Mycorrhizal fungi could be a good combination to keep nutrients available for ripen. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=364226

Cheers

ikinokori

I think Frass and Mycorrhizal fungi could be a good combination to keep nutrients available for ripen. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=364226

Cheers

I totally agree. My experimental grow with mostly indica strains is going to be the one after the next one, and i will experiment with that, feeding only mycorrhizal fungi and insect frass, worm casting and so on. I intended to do this grow right after the current one, but i have still a good amount of my bottled nutes and they give me great result so i will end them first.

This means next grow is gonna be the extreme "sativa" one. I will start it very soon, maybe end of this week or next week. It is going to be :

Kerala (indian lanrace)

Punto Rojo (colombian "worked" landrace)

Highland Thai from RSC or a thailandese landrace harvested directly in Chiang Rai by the landrace team

"Old school" Jamaican landrace (unnamed, i suspect it to be what people referred to "lambsbread", came from a extremely trustworthy source and is supposed to be an "old strain")

Jarilla de sinaloa (Old mexican strain, conflicting reports if it is a real landrace or something close to it although i can not say, but "very close to mexican limon verde" according to charlie garcia... didnt find any real confirmed landrace from mexico so its that)

I am still undecided on the thai strains. The highland thai is supposedly very different from traditional thai, much more serene and less crazy. The chiang rai apparently seems to be way more thai, and was harvested directly in chiang rai, close to the lao border which apparently is where you find the typical "paranoid" thai. It has also apparently hermaphrodic tendencies, while highland thai doesn't. What do you guys would chose ?

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ikinokori,

Looks like you are towards a good end on your sativa grow despite the feeding problems you comment with the Ethiopian.

Malawi looks fatty and really well developed, same for the Durban.
Both look like will end soon pretty well.

The problems you comment on the Ethiopian are typical of indoor rootbound long flowering sativas at the end of flowering. She is probably lacking of some macro nutrients or ph unbalance due to being rootbound and facing her last stage of flowering, so feeding her without the correct dosage will continue to produce clawing on her leaves, but on the other hand if you stop to feed her she will fade down before ripening properly the last reflowering.
In this case, a slight decrease on the flowering photoperiod and to feed her gently with liquid fertilizers (rather than with soil amendments) which can be absorb easily and fast would help to correct a bit the problem, or at least to don't make it worst.

If you have the chance, please post pics of your Ethiopian and Honduras so we can evaluate better their stage of health and ripening.

Ethiopian is the most intriguing plant i have ever seen. It was very small for weeks, then started outgrowing everyone, has budded a lot and display what seems to be the "sativa reflowering" like i see often in forum, aka looks full on ready with almost only brown pistil, then 3 days later it is covered in white pistils... , i have fed it very low nutrient because i wanted to see her stop clawing and see how it reacts and it seems it does indeed hate high amount of nitrogen but dealt with it. very hard to read. I actually don't know if she will be ready next week or in 5 weeks. I will chop her at the same time than the honduras, so i reduced the amount of food but it reacted terribly to it. in 1 week and half , half of the leaves died. i have never seen that, all the other ones had more or less a classic reaction (durban had a progressive yellowing, Malawi didnt yellow much, honduras started recently but very slowly, losing aybe 3 leaves in 7 days) still, the female budded a lot and everywhere, but she is in her last run i feel (maybe a few weeks left top) so i really want to try to grow the strain again in a better, more natural environment with only amendment and low nitrogen, i feel it deserve to be grown much better than what i did here to see her real potential.

Honduras is as always, unstoppable. shes huge, buds a lot. very beautiful. It has a very airy texture, buds are not dense at all, yet they are not "leafy" either. health is very good for a plant with low nutrients and close to being chopped. yellowing started maybe a few days ago only, i may have to reduce further the amount of food since she seems to have only 2 or 3 weeks left.

Malawi doesnt smell like blueberry anymore, more like citrusy fruit. maybe it was in my head ? it is slightly acidic in smell. Very nice. IT was very green when i chopped her. even though reduced a lot the food, it did not yellow a lot which is very strange since it got much lower nutrients than the ethiopian, who yellowed almost entirely all of the sudden. The budding in the late stage was very intense, it is FAT ! i hope i did not mess up, i really tried for her to hit senescence and yellow but it didnt, i hope the taste will be ok. the smell is incredible. The main cola is very big also, a real beauty. I may have chopped her tad too late, it still had white pistil but not much, maybe 10 per cent tops. very few amber trichomes, so i think its gonna be killer still.

Durban finished well but clearly looked very small. after analyzing the rootball, i know why, it was a 1 gallon plant in a 4 gallon pot. NExt time i will measure plants everyday to see when the stretch reduced to be able to uppot her and her being able to spread its roots. Very peculiar smell, reacted very well to the lowering of food. typical senescence, beautiful with colors and close to no ugly splotches. i think i chopped her at the perfect time, during the last reflowering. could have stayed maybe 1 week more tops.

malawi (the stick is 1 meter long for reference)
View Image
Durban
View Image

ikinokori

Just a quick update before adressing dubi comment.

The durban smell while drying turned lovely, i wouldnt say sugary, still peculiar, but more "sweet" now. a lot more sweet liquorice maybe ?or even vanilla ? something around that kind of sphere... lovely :)

The malawi on the other hand... what the hell xD She lost all her fruity/citrusy and now smells strange. Not moldy, kind of like grains, cereal, woods. There is close to nothing sweet to its smell anymore, really like a grain or something. But what surprised me is when i opened the drying box, a huge smell of literally old socks came into my nose ! i got really scared it was moldy, but nope, it is not the traditional moldy smell at all, but really like old socks. never smelt this anywhere in my life except on my feets... Should i worry ? Is this some kind of weird mold ? I really dont think its mold, but it was so pungent i cant help but wonder, the change in smell is so drastic from alive vs drying

Hi ikinokori,

The problems you comment on the Ethiopian are typical of indoor rootbound long flowering sativas at the end of flowering. She is probably lacking of some macro nutrients or ph unbalance due to being rootbound and facing her last stage of flowering, so feeding her without the correct dosage will continue to produce clawing on her leaves, but on the other hand if you stop to feed her she will fade down before ripening properly the last reflowering.
In this case, a slight decrease on the flowering photoperiod and to feed her gently with liquid fertilizers (rather than with soil amendments) which can be absorb easily and fast would help to correct a bit the problem, or at least to don't make it worst.

If you have the chance, please post pics of your Ethiopian and Honduras so we can evaluate better their stage of health and ripening.

I had a feeling it was related to rootbinding, thank you very much for this info. That is why i commented on me failing to uppot in time, i feel uppoting this big this late did not help at all, nor only both the durban and malawi barely grew any size into their 4 gallon pot, the initial rootball was so dense i had a really hard time taking it apart, the rootball was really hard so i cant imagine what it must be for the ethiopian... also ethiopian both acted like that, there was something just wrong with them, it started a while ago, even before transplanting or anything, but it was just claws initially. it was actually why i decided to go with amendment initially, i saw them both having they health decline rapidly, and i thought it was due to too much N or them not liking bottled fertilizer but even though both durban and malawi really had a very visible positive impact (specially durban, she was just very unhappy every feeding of bottled nutes w, and it really made her perk up and start swelling), going through amendment did not fix the ethiopian health, maybe even made it worse. That is also why i decided to report my amendment only grow actually, when i saw the 1 gallon rootball in the 4 gallons pot there was no way i could make a full blown wild sativa stay healthy in tiny 1 or 2 gallon pots for more than 20 weeks of flowering.

Ive looked to take pictures and wow, her health deteriorated so badly in a few days, last week it still had leaves, now even the buds are yellowing in a fashion i have ever seen. I wonder if i should chop her now ? I am really scared of her molding, i resumed to liquid bottled fertilizing actually since 1 week before posting here but it seems to fix nothing, she just looks like shes dying... while still producing buds and pistils ? Im really perplex, i think i have really failed her but Its ok dont worry, as i said since the beginning, this is all an experiment with landrace sativa and this is crucial information so i am actually thankful the ethiopian did shocase this because i didnt know it was a typical issue with them, so i would have 100% encountered it in the wild sativa grow, but it would probably have affected all the plants. but how can i avoid this in the future ? uppot sooner ? They are so tall, they are huge rootbound in 1 gallon pots (1m3/4 for ethiophian, at least 1m6 for Honduras) if they spread their roots... Or maybe i should use bigger pots, but use intensive LST then ? The thing is, i don't know if LST is a solution, the ethiopian and honduras are both extremely wide even in 1 gallon, so it would be the same issue but about horizontal space and i cant imagine what it would turn into with bigger pots since the beginning haha

The honduras is now in full blown yellowing mode. i did reduce the photoperiod around 2 weeks, and i noticed a few days later that her health started really turning. Also, in the last few days, she started yellowing intensively everywhere when it was very localized before. the thing is, she is still producing buds and pistils, so now im wondering if i did correctly because i thought she would be ready by next week (14 weeks and half) but now i don't know, i feel she could use around 2 or 3 weeks more at least. Maybe i should start resuming her feeding regime ?

by the way, thank you for being there and everything, i am grateful for everything, wether it is those beautiful plants, or the knowledge you share with us. IT is really a pleasure and very rare.

here are some pics

Honduras

picture.php

picture.php

Ethiopian

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

SolarLogos

The durban smell whil drying turned lovely// i wouldnt say sugary, sill peculiar, but more "sweet" now. liquorice maybe ? vanilla ? something around that kind of sphere... lovely :)

The malawi on the other hand... what the hell xD She lost all her fruity/citrusy and now smells... strange. Not moldy, kind of, i dont know, like grains, cereal, woods. But what surprised me is when i openned the drying box, a huge smell of litterally old socks came into my nose/ i got really scared it was moldy, but nope, not the traditional moldy smell at all, but literally like old socks. never smelt this anywhere in my life except on my feets... IS this some kind of weird mold ? I really dont think its mold, but it was so pungent i cant help but wonder

I had a feeling it was related to rootbinding, thank you very much for this info. That is why i commented on me failing to uppot in time, i feel uppoting this big this late did not help at all. also ethiopian both acted like that, there was something just wrong with them. it was actually why i decided to go with amendment initially, i saw them both having they health decline rapidly, and i thought it was due to too much N or them not liking bottled fertilizerbut going through amendment did not fix their health, maybe even made it worse. Ive lookedto take picures and oh my god her health deterioted so badly in a few days, last week it still had leaves, now even the buds are yellowing in a fashion i have ever seen. I wonder if i should chop her now ? I am really scared of her molding, i resumed to liquid bottled fertilizing actually since 1 week before posting here but it seems to fix nothing, she just looks like shes dying... while still producing buds and pistils ? Im really perplex, i think i have really failed her. Its ok dont worry, but how can i avoid this in the future ? uppot sooner ? They are so tall, they are huge rootbound in 1 gallon pots (1m3/4 for ethiophian, at least 1m6 for Honduras) if they spread their roots... Or maybe i should use bigger pots, but use intensive LST then ?

The honduras is now in full blown senescence. she looks ok, but leaves are now yellowing a lot. i did reduce the photoperiod around 2 weeks, and coincidentally a few days later it was when the honduras started yellowing.in the last few days, she started yellowing intensively. the thing is, she is still producing buds and pistils, so now im wondering if i did correctly because i thought she would be ready by next week (14 weeks and half) but now i dont really know. Maybe i should start resuming her feeding regime ?

here are some pics

Honduras

View Image

View Image

Ethiopian

View Image

View Image
Wow, what a great job on the Honduran, lots of reflowering it looks like. What do the trichomes look like? That's your best bet on deciding on how long to let her go, based on your preferences of course. I can imagine her Honduran terpenes being very strong right now! Certainly nicer than my previous Hondurans. Awesome my friend!!!
On the Malawi, it has an odor all of it's own. If not the fruitier pheno, it's usually the motor/gear oil smelling pheno, which is probably what you have. It does have an old musty sock smell I guess, but you're right, it is an odd smell for sure.
Peace, God bless

ikinokori

Thank you ! yes it is a lot of reflowering totally haha, she is a monster, it is even more impressive in person, the most incredible strain i have witnessed with my own eyes vigor wise and this is all with a teeny tiny rootball... about the trichome, it looks cloudy at most, but its been like that since a long time. My preference is i m more into no amber at all or just a touch of them so i tend to chop slightly early, but i feel this is really early. The terpene are pretty strong you are right, it is pretty heavy on the nose, very different. they all smell so different, i kept being disappointed in the past because all the super whatever, sour thing and so on had differences, but at the end of the day they felt the same, and wow all of the sudden nor only did i witness things i have never seen, but each of them behave completely different from each other. it is such a pleasure, im in heaven with this grow

For the malawi, you may certainly be right... but i don't know, it was so sweet / citrusy just a few days ago ?!? that is what i call a plot twist, i could swear i had the fruity pheno, but there is nothing fruity anymore about her !

ikinokori

Sorry, i was wrong. Honduras is starting to display amber trichomes. very few, but they are there. Ethiopian also, to a lesser extent.

Ethiopian

picture.php

picture.php

Honduras

picture.php

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

The durban smell while drying turned lovely, i wouldnt say sugary, still peculiar, but more "sweet" now. a lot more sweet liquorice maybe ?or even vanilla ? something around that kind of sphere... lovely :)

The malawi on the other hand... what the hell xD She lost all her fruity/citrusy and now smells strange. Not moldy, kind of like grains, cereal, woods. There is close to nothing sweet to its smell anymore, really like a grain or something. But what surprised me is when i opened the drying box, a huge smell of literally old socks came into my nose ! i got really scared it was moldy, but nope, it is not the traditional moldy smell at all, but really like old socks. never smelt this anywhere in my life except on my feets... Should i worry ? Is this some kind of weird mold ? I really dont think its mold, but it was so pungent i cant help but wonder, the change in smell is so drastic from alive vs drying

I had a feeling it was related to rootbinding, thank you very much for this info. That is why i commented on me failing to uppot in time, i feel uppoting this big this late did not help at all, nor only both the durban and malawi barely grew any size into their 4 gallon pot, the initial rootball was so dense i had a really hard time taking it apart, the rootball was really hard so i cant imagine what it must be for the ethiopian... also ethiopian both acted like that, there was something just wrong with them, it started a while ago, even before transplanting or anything, but it was just claws initially. it was actually why i decided to go with amendment initially, i saw them both having they health decline rapidly, and i thought it was due to too much N or them not liking bottled fertilizer but even though both durban and malawi really had a very visible positive impact (specially durban, she was just very unhappy every feeding of bottled nutes w, and it really made her perk up and start swelling), going through amendment did not fix the ethiopian health, maybe even made it worse. That is also why i decided to report my amendment only grow actually, when i saw the 1 gallon rootball in the 4 gallons pot there was no way i could make a full blown wild sativa stay healthy in tiny 1 or 2 gallon pots for more than 20 weeks of flowering.

Ive looked to take pictures and wow, her health deteriorated so badly in a few days, last week it still had leaves, now even the buds are yellowing in a fashion i have ever seen. I wonder if i should chop her now ? I am really scared of her molding, i resumed to liquid bottled fertilizing actually since 1 week before posting here but it seems to fix nothing, she just looks like shes dying... while still producing buds and pistils ? Im really perplex, i think i have really failed her but Its ok dont worry, as i said since the beginning, this is all an experiment with landrace sativa and this is crucial information so i am actually thankful the ethiopian did shocase this because i didnt know it was a typical issue with them, so i would have 100% encountered it in the wild sativa grow, but it would probably have affected all the plants. but how can i avoid this in the future ? uppot sooner ? They are so tall, they are huge rootbound in 1 gallon pots (1m3/4 for ethiophian, at least 1m6 for Honduras) if they spread their roots... Or maybe i should use bigger pots, but use intensive LST then ? The thing is, i don't know if LST is a solution, the ethiopian and honduras are both extremely wide even in 1 gallon, so it would be the same issue but about horizontal space and i cant imagine what it would turn into with bigger pots since the beginning haha

The honduras is now in full blown yellowing mode. i did reduce the photoperiod around 2 weeks, and i noticed a few days later that her health started really turning. Also, in the last few days, she started yellowing intensively everywhere when it was very localized before. the thing is, she is still producing buds and pistils, so now im wondering if i did correctly because i thought she would be ready by next week (14 weeks and half) but now i don't know, i feel she could use around 2 or 3 weeks more at least. Maybe i should start resuming her feeding regime ?

by the way, thank you for being there and everything, i am grateful for everything, wether it is those beautiful plants, or the knowledge you share with us. IT is really a pleasure and very rare.

here are some pics

Honduras

View Image

View Image

Ethiopian

View Image

View Image

I can see the same structure in mine. Small side buds developing and a big main cola.
picture.php

ikinokori

Just a heads up, i have resumed liquid feeding for ethiopian. She seems to hold on and mature, she have very few leaves but holding on to it. Her health decline did reduce a lot now, she is still fattening but also even seems to be doing new leaves (no white pistil though). Dubi was right, she is probably very rootbound, so couldnt feed properly on slow release nutrients and need a more immediate source. thank you dubi.

I have also resumed liquid feeding for honduras to maintain her healthy for more time, since initially i intended to chop her last week but i have been told to keep her longer. She is really yellow, but is still holding on on a few big green leaves, and the budding is pretty intense. I hope it wont impart the taste, it was doing so well with soil amendments i feel a little bit bad giving her more artificial nutes even thought it is still organic, but i am scared of her pulling me an ethiopian and start dying all of the sudden so i will not even try it.

reflowering have finally stopped on both of them, honduras is browning all over. I think ethiopian is finishing first, which i would not have guessed at first, close to every pistil is brown. She clearly was not grown in the best condition, but i admire her strength and will to live, as she is holding on very well despite the terrible issues she faced all of the sudden. very hardy. At least she seems to have what it needs back to rippen "ok" now without worrying of dying from hunger so thats good.

i think i will both chop them next week, so at 15 week, so 1 week past their official description (both are written to be 13/14 weeks) and they are both on a 10/14 lighting regime since a few weeks. If anyone think i should wait more, feel free to say it, the photo are from last week, so it would make it 2 weeks more rippening than the photos.

SolarLogos

Just a heads up, i have resumed liquid feeding for ethiopian. She seems to hold on and mature, she have very few leaves but holding on to it. Her health decline did reduce a lot now, she is still fattening but also even seems to be doing new leaves (no white pistil though). Dubi was right, she is probably very rootbound, so couldnt feed properly on slow release nutrients and need a more immediate source. thank you dubi.

I have also resumed liquid feeding for honduras to maintain her healthy for more time, since initially i intended to chop her last week but i have been told to keep her longer. She is really yellow, but is still holding on on a few big green leaves, and the budding is pretty intense. I hope it wont impart the taste, it was doing so well with soil amendments i feel a little bit bad giving her more artificial nutes even thought it is still organic, but i am scared of her pulling me an ethiopian and start dying all of the sudden so i will not even try it.

reflowering have finally stopped on both of them, honduras is browning all over. I think ethiopian is finishing first, which i would not have guessed at first, close to every pistil is brown. She clearly was not grown in the best condition, but i admire her strength and will to live, as she is holding on very well despite the terrible issues she faced all of the sudden. very hardy. At least she seems to have what it needs back to rippen "ok" now without worrying of dying from hunger so thats good.

i think i will both chop them next week, so at 15 week, so 1 week past their official description (both are written to be 13/14 weeks) and they are both on a 10/14 lighting regime since a few weeks. If anyone think i should wait more, feel free to say it, the photo are from last week, so it would make it 2 weeks more rippening than the photos.
If they stopped reflowering and hairs are all browning up, it sounds time (that was fast from you last pics). How are the trichomes? Can you get some pics up? If I'm not mistaken, you don't like too speedy or anxious high? This sounds like she might be potent and right were you like them.
Can't wait to see them!
Peace, God bless