What's new

landlord wants to come in and check for leaks

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
having done this on several occasions including i will tell you this

run to home depot and by 55 gallon drum liners and simply put each plant in its own bag

i was able to move 40 4 week flowering plants at 2'5 - 3' in 5 gallons that way

get stakes and use the stakes to keep the bag from collapsing on the plant

BigDawg

Don't RO systems waste a lot of water when it filters it? Some places have more expensive water rates so you think you are the reason water may have gone up?

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
All set, coast is clear. The water department guy said my RO unit was not the blame of the enormous spike in the water bill. I dont know if they replaced the water meter, but the guy did leave with something. The landlord said he would be back in a week to check the meter downstairs. He should have no reason to come in though.

Thanks for all of your help guys. And BTW, I just put all my flowering plants in a small dark tent I had, and all of my vegging plants in carboard boxes. I just stuck them in the corner of my room...I did not use the vehicle I rented. I just thought it was too much, because it was not an official inspection of the premises. Nobody even went near the danger zone....so all good!

Thanks for all of your help guys!

The Bling

TELL YOUR LANDLORD TO FUCK OFF AND THAT IF YOU WANT YOU'LL LEAVE THE FUCKING WATER RUNNING HE AGREED TO PAY FOR WATER AND THERE WAS NO LIMIT STIPULATED IN THE LEASE TELL HIM HES A FUCKING CHEEPSKATE SLUM LORD AND YOUR CALLING YOUR FAMILY LAWER AND THE FUCKING ACLU AND IF HE THINKS THAT THE WATER BILL IS HIGH JUST WAIT TILL HE TALKS TO A LAWER....GAURANTEED HE SHUTS THE FUCK UP AND LEAVES YOU ALONE

TL;DR DEAR LANDLORD I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR POCKET BOOK FYI LAWER MORE $ THAN WATER.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ dont do that. better to be diplomatic and stay on the right side of people rather than make enemies out of them - especially when you have something to hide.

VG

sso

Veteran
yes, this is really quite a normal thing.

lol anyone would check if there was suddenly a 400 spike, it might indicate a leak or faulty meter like the dude said.

best to be polite and cooperate (then he thinks of you as his really good leaser (nothing to worry about in other words)

conehead

inspector dick

inspector dick

Bro I had the same problem with my landlord, he wanted to inspect I had a medium size tent with twelve plants, lights off at the time he was coming turned the fans off as well just had the skunk buster going until I heard the front gate I then turned it off. the Tent was covered with a large blue tarpaulin I I placed empty boxes on top & made it look like a storage area. I also pushed the ducting tubes under the tarp everything was out of site. Funny thing he didn't even go in the room were all this was.:peek::gift:

Leeroy&Co:

good thing it worked out for ya mate, if i "had" to move plants to a vehicle , i would stash them in cupboards/wardrobes and make like your moving furniture in the middle of the day, furniture = moving van = normal scenario, nothing to hide just tie the doors so they dont fly open haha

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
TELL YOUR LANDLORD TO FUCK OFF AND THAT IF YOU WANT YOU'LL LEAVE THE FUCKING WATER RUNNING HE AGREED TO PAY FOR WATER AND THERE WAS NO LIMIT STIPULATED IN THE LEASE TELL HIM HES A FUCKING CHEEPSKATE SLUM LORD AND YOUR CALLING YOUR FAMILY LAWER AND THE FUCKING ACLU AND IF HE THINKS THAT THE WATER BILL IS HIGH JUST WAIT TILL HE TALKS TO A LAWER....GAURANTEED HE SHUTS THE FUCK UP AND LEAVES YOU ALONE

TL;DR DEAR LANDLORD I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR POCKET BOOK FYI LAWER MORE $ THAN WATER.

Probably the worst advice in this thread. Do not tell your landlord to fuck off.

:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts