What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lammy's Ace Seeds Journal.

Lammy

I germed a pack of Malawi and Vietnam Black . Using the paper towel method after 3 days all beans had tails except for one VB. I have no reason to believe that that one last VB won't germ. it looked nice enough. besides that was the 12th VB out of a 10 pack.

I purchased my ace beans from a local retailer. I also got the GT and Zamaldelica. I am a registered caregiver and patient in a medical state. I plan on running the golden tiger and zamal next. I've got practically every ace strain on my wishlist.

so that I have time to get to everything else I think I'm going to break from tradition and not even clone these plants. which will be hard for me, I'm not going to lie. but in an effort to keep down plant numbers and overhead, I plan on just buying more seeds to grow these out again as needed.

I am planning on selecting some males and collecting pollen and doing some crosses though. I just started a pack of White Fire (FEM) and Fire OG BX from OG Rascal. I also have a bunch of seeds from DJ short and access to Elite clones of DJ's work. I've got a few Mandala strains I'm about to flower out and finish selection on.

so there are plenty of interesting possibilities for crosses. like White Fire * Malawi or Flo * VBT

anyways... thank you Dubi for your hard work and making these genetics available!

Lammy

Lammy

so i planted all the beans into 1 gallon pots. i am using pro mix. I added an organic soil to provide the seedlings with easy nutrition.
after about 36 hours most of the beans are up. I just noticed from the 11 Malawi seeds that I planted I've gotten 12 sprouts! so I think I must have a twin but I didn't notice it before.

12/11 Malawi up
11/12 VBT are up
6/7 WiFi are up
3/11 fire og bx

O

OKD

Yes I've been admiring ACE seeds on my web browser...looking forward to all the strains!

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Great strain choices brother! I am in for this thread, I was very interested in that Malawi, and the Vietnam Black looks good too! I have only done their Panama and Double Thai, but Ace and Cannabiogen seem like very honest companies.Good luck and hopefully you find some great crosses on your journey.

Lammy

OKD
I just stumbled on to Ace a few months ago. I am really looking forward to growing out a good portion of their strains.

Lammy

SOF
"only the Panama and Double Thai"?!
I think I'm too intimidated by the flowering time on the double Thai to try that one.

Lammy

So the 12th VBT sprouted in the soil!
so that's 12/12 germ on the VBT. but VBT#11 only had a micro- scopic set of true leaves. but they are finally visible so hopefully that one will make it but if not no big deal.

Chillb

You don't screw around man, I'd love to be able to run all the things you do. Good luck on the Ace!

Lammy

You don't screw around man, I'd love to be able to run all the things you do. Good luck on the Ace!
I'm giving up quite a bit to be able to run them. these Ace beans are going to be completely grown on a flood table on my bed. so I will be sleeping on the couch for the foreseeable future.

Gelado`

Veteran
I had my first ever grow under a lofted bed with a 400w HPS and 150w halide. It sure kept me warm in winter ;)

Lammy

I had my first ever grow under a lofted bed with a 400w HPS and 150w halide. It sure kept me warm in winter ;)
that's awesome! It makes me want to raise my couch up and put T-5's under it. but I guess I've gotta draw the line somewhere.

I have my air cooled hoods ducted to heat my house. it is the only heat source I have. it works pretty well as long as I have the lights on.

Gelado`

Veteran
I'm planning on using the heat from my tent to keep me warm in winter since my home doesn't have any heating to speak of. It should work a treat. From now on I think I'll run sativas in summer and indicas in winter to match the humidity fluctuations between seasons!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Lammy,

Im glad the germination has been perfect or close, and that you are thinking to use the genetics for your own projects. I highly encourage you to cross our sativas with selected dj clones: the fruity zamaldelica, the purple malawi pheno or the incensey purple haze thais would be great choices to cross with dj's strains.

Thank you very much for trust in our work for your upcoming grows.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
SOF
"only the Panama and Double Thai"?!
I think I'm too intimidated by the flowering time on the double Thai to try that one.

The Double Thai was actually not that bad, they were tall, and took up a bit of space, but the Double Thais really yielded well. The 2 plants I have done so far were 120 and 135 days, but 86 and 117g in dry weight. I usually only average 35-50 grams on 70 day plants so they Thai were actually competitive for grams per days of bud. I am looking forward to growing out the rest of my DT seeds.

I'm giving up quite a bit to be able to run them. these Ace beans are going to be completely grown on a flood table on my bed. so I will be sleeping on the couch for the foreseeable future.

I see you are quite dedicated, good to see growers that don't mind some sacrifice to grow our plants. What kind of lights,and nutrients are you going with for these ? Malawi is the best African herb I have ever smoked and I am sure you will enjoy it! Good luck brother!

Lammy

Hi Lammy,

Im glad the germination has been perfect or close, and that you are thinking to use the genetics for your own projects. I highly encourage you to cross our sativas with selected dj clones: the fruity zamaldelica, the purple malawi pheno or the incensey purple haze thais would be great choices to cross with dj's strains.

Thank you very much for trust in our work for your upcoming grows.
hi dubi.
the germination rate was better than perfect! I got 12 sprouts of Malawi out of 11 seeds and I am 12 for 12 on the Vietnamese.

I'm glad to hear your encouragement on the crosses with DJ short's work. with any luck I'll be able to get clones of DJ's blueberry and Flo mother plants, that he released. also, what he calls "excellent examples" of Grape Krush & F13. ( if not I have seeds of all of those except for the grape crush)

at 7 to 8 weeks the flo should really bring down flowering time in crosses. the grape crush is supposed to be energetic and I hope would make a good cross with the Malawi. the F13 is supposed to be psychedelic, let's see how that crosses with the Zamal.

but I basically plan on making every cross I can between the DJ gear and the Ace gear. as well as pollinating all my best females with the Ace males. I plan on labeling and separating each individual cross.

Lammy

The Double Thai was actually not that bad, they were tall, and took up a bit of space, but the Double Thais really yielded well. The 2 plants I have done so far were 120 and 135 days, but 86 and 117g in dry weight. I usually only average 35-50 grams on 70 day plants so they Thai were actually competitive for grams per days of bud. I am looking forward to growing out the rest of my DT seeds.

I see you are quite dedicated, good to see growers that don't mind some sacrifice to grow our plants. What kind of lights,and nutrients are you going with for these ? Malawi is the best African herb I have ever smoked and I am sure you will enjoy it! Good luck brother!
i was going to run these in a 4k room but plans have changed.
the Ace gear will be on a 4*8 flood table under 1k hps on a light rail. I hope to scrog these plants but I need to separate the males. I plan to try and keep the light close over the scrog to make up for the lack of light. I wish I could use at least 2k but this is the only equipment I have left over and I don't have any more amps to spare.

I'm currently using advanced nutrients, sensi grow and Connoisseur.

Lammy

Latest posts

Latest posts