What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LAMBS BREAD

Burt

Veteran
circa 2000-a head passes me a roach-just a roach now mind you and i mentally take offense but readily accept the kind offer nonetheless
2 quick drags and i was as high and euphoric as i've ever gotten off herbs-the real deal has no hint of narcoticness at all-it is right up there with the very best hazes and rivals "trinity" an extremely potent/rushy buzz with loads of creative impulses to boot-musician gear for sure

luciano28

I bought weed off a Jamaican rasta in the mid-90s who sold shirts and stuff outside of a gas station. The guy told me the stuff was called Lambs Breath, maybe I misunderstood him. But this was some of the best weed I have ever smoked still to this day. I was just a kid back then, but I remember getting in trouble with my parents because my eyes were so bloodshot. But yeah I been calling it lambsbreath for years, guess the right name is bread. Id definitely say it was a sativa high, when the high wore off though I was super hungry, but 14-16 year old boys are always hungry, lol. Id put this at my #2 best smoke ever behind some shit my cousin brought up from Florida like a year or two after the "breath". X-mas of 1997 is the first time I saw Blueberry, that would be my #3, I still havent gotten or grown Blueberry buds as good as those ones I bought in 1997 X-mas, also the first time I paid $50 for an eighth. But yeah we mispronounced the lambsbread for years.

Shred42O

i heard that same thing that the original was lambs breath and its alot harder to come by but lambs bread is a modern interpretation of it and it makes it's way around the so-cal med scene every so often but in my experience the lambs breath amazing but the lambs bread was still pretty good just not at the same level

I could be mistaken, but Ive always thought the name "Lambsbread" was more of a generic term that referred to Ganja of exceptional quality rather than a specific variety or strain of Cannabis?
The reason I say this is that back in the 80's I used to know an older Rasta who lived near me who I would buy from on occasion. He had many friends and relatives who would regularly travel back and forth from Jamaica and bring quantities of Ganja for him while doing so.

He was the first person I ever heard use the word Lambsbread. On occasion I would get some Ganja from him and he would say "this Ganja here is the Lambsbread". The Ganja he was referring to was always an excellent Sativa, but was definitely not always the same variety.
Hence I took it to understand that the name Lambsbread simply meant it was of the highest quality?
Shame that I never bothered to just ask him??

S

shushslo

Lambs bread is definetly not strain,only name for good jamaican herb.

luciano28

i heard that same thing that the original was lambs breath and its alot harder to come by but lambs bread is a modern interpretation of it and it makes it's way around the so-cal med scene every so often but in my experience the lambs breath amazing but the lambs bread was still pretty good just not at the same level

Hmmm maybe I didnt misunderstand and maybe it was lambsbreath. I tell you it was some special stuff. I remember I was all jacked because the Jamaican guy wanted $30 for an eighth, he usually charged me $20, this was back in the days when the only "strain" going around was skunk, I remember telling the dude I dont want to pay $30 for something that isnt even skunk. Lol, this shit blew the skunk away. This thread brings back good memories. This weed was so good, I was accused of lacing it, lol, fucking retarded kids.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Lambs bread is definetly not strain,only name for good jamaican herb.

Well! Thats not 100% sure actualy. Since jamaicans dont keep record of their strains no body today knows if it was a real strain or a name given to dank jamaican herb. IMO it was a strain and it vanished in the late 70s early 80s. There's no Lambs Bread in jamaica anymore.

S

shushslo

Guess this will stay opened discussion forever:D

I hope this one turns good
4 weeks on 11/13

It was told to me that this is Jamaican Green,cultivated in Costa Rica for +30y where seeds came from...

Peace

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice pics ^^^ :yes:

Durban Lambsbread (Durban Poison x Lambsbread) was some of the strongest dope we ever smoked,,, x1 joint between x6 people ,, all totally stoned :joint:

Otherwise ,, "lambs bread" is really just a euphemism,, a politically correct term for good ganja :rasta:

peace n love :joint:

Rolando Mota

The enslaved Africans were able to bring seeds to the new world, for example okra and watermelon, so I wouldn't be surprised if cannabis was brought over too. The one time I've smoked genuine Jamaican was around '83 or so. My uncle sailed down there and brought some back. It had a very pronounced spicy licorice taste, haven't had anything like it since.

My bro just started some Lambsbread seeds he got from a local breeder who is a rasta and has spent time in Jamaica. If it turns out well I'll save the males.

:joint:

reckon

I smoked some "lambs bread" with some jamaican friends when I lived in NYC,.......

they said "lumbs brey-ud be dah namez for jamay-khan wee-yud, it aint no 'strayn' mon!"
(these guys really needed subtitles),...the high I got was very euphoric, but not sleepy at all, about like SSH,...as a matter of fact when I smoked it I said "this is just ssh, cured really shitty"

I read about lambs bread in HT back in the early 80's and always wanted to try it, but never got any till years later in NYC.

with the way most jamaicans I ran across grow (toss seeds on ground, wait for rain), I really don't think LB is a specific strain, but as was stated above just a name hung on good jamaican dank.

oldtoker

yo ive smoked in my life. i was looking at a very light green bud with pinkish hairs fully mature by the way decent trich coverage you could tell by looking at the buds it was a sativa fluffy by nature the kind of stuff that burns really good. the other time it was also light green whiteish bud with pinkish hairs. it was grown hydro and did chunk up a little just like sats do.. not making much more bud but making them a little tighter but still a longer stem with a thin bud the largest bud i have ever seen was about the same size if you lay two or three pencils next to eachother. i dont think tis one got much yield guys. i would say if u can grab the clone i smoked you should. totally unique. dunno if u notice but i do. most heavy smokers just keep wanting that old unique taste and smell. not looking for kush anymore... im glad times are changing. im tired of o gee chemdog pissed its self kush.

GIYO at icmag

Smoked a lot of it when in jamaica.
But we called it lamb's breath.
Not lambsbread.

Took somwehere: "I know this is really picky but for all trivia nuts: the term " Lambs Bread " is incorrect....it is really: " Lambs Breath "..In the Jamaican patois there is no ' th ' sound usually discerned..it sounds like the ' t ' without the ' h ' ..like " lambsbret "...thats how the ' bread ' term came about."

Stay safe

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Otherwise ,, "lambs bread" is really just a euphemism,, a politically correct term for good ganja :rasta:

Not sure actauly, as u can see in this video clip they are refering to two diferent strains one name Sinsemila (< as they write it) and one Lambsbread.

A euphemism to good ganja in jamaican will be good collie, high grade etc...

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Smoked a lot of it when in jamaica.
But we called it lamb's breath.
Not lambsbread.

Took somwehere: "I know this is really picky but for all trivia nuts: the term " Lambs Bread " is incorrect....it is really: " Lambs Breath "..In the Jamaican patois there is no ' th ' sound usually discerned..it sounds like the ' t ' without the ' h ' ..like " lambsbret "...thats how the ' bread ' term came about."

Stay safe

this is complete bullshit, try look for albums name lambsbreath u will see, its LAMBSBREAD!! DOG NYAM IT!!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope this will make clear once and for all! LAMBSBREAD WAS REAL STRAIN NOT A GENERIC THERM FOR GANJA OR GOOD GANJA.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The enslaved Africans were able to bring seeds to the new world, for example okra and watermelon, so I wouldn't be surprised if cannabis was brought over too. :joint:

Indeed , good info. :yes: Okra seed were smuggled into the West Indies ,, inside the ear folds of captive slaves :yes:

Spanish conquistadors however also utilised cannabis as a source of fibre, fuel, and food,, establishing plantation any and every place they colonised on route from Goa to Jamaica. Most predominantly in Sri Lanka, Durban, and the Gambia.

Days of slavery... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOhBOdxO6Hg

peace n flowers

Z

Ziggaro

The term Lambs Bread is a biblical reference, you nuttie stoners!
The Lamb of God is the Lord. The Bread of the Lamb is the lord's nourishment to his followers. You have to remember, Rastafari are the ones calling their sacrament the lambs bread. Its because the religion is based off of Judeo-Christian beliefs.
Lambs Bread is the general term a Rasta would have used for his sacrament (the holy Ganja) around the time of Marcus Garvey and Ras Tafari until Jamaican culture was so paraded because of the world's newfound love with Raggae

Thats my 2 cents :)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marcus Garvey came much later,,, ppl were doing thing long time before him born!

True says,, the lambs bread is sacrament,,, not being part of the communion,, then slaves made their own communion to erb instead,, not wine n bread,, :joint:

South_Am_fan

Lambsbread seeds as a gift

Lambsbread seeds as a gift

High,

1 year ago, a friend gave me some Lambsbread seeds. I've grown 1 female and numerous clones and this stuff is electric. Zero couchlock. Long thin blade finger, the typical pure sativa.

I've got 24 more seeds left and can't wait to grow more.

A blast from the past.

I also have pure Hawaiian Sativa from Federation seed Co., Columbian Red Haze, from seedsman, Grape jam, my own breed, a mix of Hawaiian sativa, Celestian Temple Sativa, Dutch treat and NL.

Another breed homemade : Ocean's Eleven : (Hawaiian sativa x Celestian Temple Sativa) x Hash Plant (100% morrocan).

In flowering : Lapis Mountain Indica : Deep chunk x pure Afghan (LMI)

I have harvested some Sapphire Star, from Jordan of the Island : a mix of God Bud x Blue Hawaiian

Not grown yet but the seeds are bought : Hawaiian Sativa x SSH
Magic Bud from Paradise, Night Shade (Nepal x Kashmir) from Barney's Farm, The church from GreenHouse, Sweet Tai (Super Tai x Early Skunk) from Sweet Seeds, Power Train from Dr. Ray.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Lambsbread...is Jamaican for sativa fire! The plants have their origins in Africa. The slaves did bring seeds with them 400+ years ago and started growing it on the island. Yes there is no strain called Lambsbread but seeds of these plants have made their way out of Jamaica to growers around the world. Is it a stable strain like the stuff you buy from a seedbank? I don't think so. These plants are still grown out naturally and propagated naturally so the genetic diversity is all still there. I am sure that the actual Jamaican weed is different strains from different places in Africa. The licorice taste gives that away. Ethiopian, Tanzanian, Swazi, all these landraces are probably found in Jamaican Lambsbread. In a sense it's its own strain by now but it's makeup is probably a mixture of different landrace African genetics. Just my 2 cents. :joint:

EDIT: My Lambsbread cut(On the right in small round pot)
picture.php

I got this from a buddy of mine. Never flowered it yet but he has. Great daytime smoke, will get you out of the house. Kinda a lemony licorice smell and taste. Definitely not the real deal and is mixed with some indica at some point in its genetic line.

Last edited: