What's new

Lacto Bacilli: process and discussion

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome, love hearing people are actually using those. how has the quality of the nugs been since you started using those ferts and the lacto b?

nettle foliars are good in flower every once in a while. helps keep pests off and adds some other things.

S

spiral

Well the quality is fantastic. Thats why im using them, yeilds are pretty much the same as when I wasnt using the FPEs/lacto b. The quality is better, taste,smell, etc. Think the nettles have something to do with that.

Also cultured some BIMs with roots from sacrifice plants I put out. What I did was throw some mj. plants in various spots with amended natural soil, companion planted with stinging nettles which have kick ass root excretions that attract tons of good bacteria. The mj. which will attract bacteria which benefits it the best, atleast thats what I read. From time to time i just dig up some roots and alittle soil and do it up like the way it says in the gil carandang article. Basically then just brew that up like AACT, using the BIM instead of compost.
Ladies are happy and healthy, couldnt ask for more for pretty much free!

Kaneh

kaneh, sometimes the milk seperates quite fast, but when looking in a microscope you can see the brew is not to full potential. i usually wait 2 days after i see it seperate and there is a nice yellow liquid.

the nettle brew, give it a few days, its not instant, they have to multiply like crazy at first

I just finished the stuff and strained the liquid, it has nice yellowish color and looks good. from 2 liters of milk I got 1.2 liters of LB-serum. The rest I gave to my cat, and she looks happy!

My Nettle-brew still stinks,so I put again LB serum in it, but this time the serum is finished for sure.

JayKush: Do you know if I need to add the LB to Nettle-brew when I'm making it to get rid of the smell, or can it work when added later like I have done?
...It's probably better to add LB when making the brew to get full advantage of it?

Kaneh

Also cultured some BIMs with roots from sacrifice plants I put out. What I did was throw some mj. plants in various spots with amended natural soil, companion planted with stinging nettles which have kick ass root excretions that attract tons of good bacteria. The mj. which will attract bacteria which benefits it the best, atleast thats what I read. From time to time i just dig up some roots and alittle soil and do it up like the way it says in the gil carandang article. Basically then just brew that up like AACT, using the BIM instead of compost.
Ladies are happy and healthy, couldnt ask for more for pretty much free!

That's awesome idea if it really works, and I'm sure it will.

I have couple outdoor guerilla spots I've been using 3 years for MJ.
plants have ZERO maintenance this year, no new soil, no ferts, no watering, nothing. I just picked the males out and that's it.
Plants in my garden I'm watering and caring everyday and guerilla-plants looks just as good as plants in my garden. LOL
...So when I go to guerilla spots for harvest, I'm gonna also harvest the soil!
This is anyway last year I'm using these spots.

Thanks for the idea Spiral!:wave:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just finished the stuff and strained the liquid, it has nice yellowish color and looks good. from 2 liters of milk I got 1.2 liters of LB-serum. The rest I gave to my cat, and she looks happy!

you should see how crazy chickens go over the left over "yogurt" im sure your cat was happy.

My Nettle-brew still stinks,so I put again LB serum in it, but this time the serum is finished for sure.

JayKush: Do you know if I need to add the LB to Nettle-brew when I'm making it to get rid of the smell, or can it work when added later like I have done?
...It's probably better to add LB when making the brew to get full advantage of it?

i hope i didnt mislead you. its not going to get rid of the smell. it just helps clam it down some. i have always added it when starting the brew. and though it still smells its not as bad, and personally i have gotten used to it.

S

Sir_Nugget

LActo BAcili is priduced in the VAgINA!!?? Is that why PUSSY can smell so SWEET?!! sugar pus ftw

maryjohn

Veteran
Hello everyone. So ive been using LB for awhile now, and I just love this stuff. So many uses. Lately been wondering something. I see alot of people using EM, from what Ive read this stuffs amazing. So did some reaserch on the microbes in it, and basically there all pretty common.

I've often wondered how much money I'm wasting by using EM instead of ghetto em, but for now I'm clinging to the claims that the photosynthetic bacteria and the diversity of the culture are the real difference. Nonetheless, I do plan on rebrewing it for bokashi purposes and only using fresh brewed for applying to soil.

maryjohn

Veteran
LActo BAcili is priduced in the VAgINA!!?? Is that why PUSSY can smell so SWEET?!! sugar pus ftw

and it's all over your hands, which probably explains your excessive autoerotic behaviors...

Lacto crowds out candida, which is why topical application of yogurt can fight an infection, and ingesting lacto is always smart when taking steroids for long periods. It's like your second immune system.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the lack of bacteria can be why some pussy stinks. funny we use the same type of bacteria for gardening pot.

I've often wondered how much money I'm wasting by using EM instead of ghetto em, but for now I'm clinging to the claims that the photosynthetic bacteria and the diversity of the culture are the real difference. Nonetheless, I do plan on rebrewing it for bokashi purposes and only using fresh brewed for applying to soil.

i know a guy who keeps his own em "mother culture" as he calls it, started with one bottle a while ago. now he just keeps it going( dont remember how). cant say the same living organisms are present or in the same ratios but his results show for themselves garden wise.

only bummer part about em, is in asia they get it CHEAP. i think thaiphoon gets it for under 5$ in thailand. they know americans will pay stupid prices for gardening products.

EM works great, if you like it and dont mind paying for it. i wouldn't stop using it.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Jay

SCD Bio Ag lists for $29.99 per gallon. It often comes up on a special for $22.99.

The process of making EM with the base mother culture is called 'Activated EM' and the basic recipe is as follows:

1 part EM
1 part molasses, agave nectar, honey, brown rice syrup, malt syrup, barley syrup, et al.
20 parts pure water

When the PH drops below 3.8 it's ready to use at the rate of 1:1000 (3/4 tsp per gallon).

EM America 'claims' that you lose many of the benefits when you make a new batch from an older batch. They claim that the first batch from the original culture is fine - but not the following batches.

That's their claim and your friend's experience is the same as mine. Subsequent batches work as well as the original EM in an agriculture or horticulture application. I can't speak to the human/livestock/pet health qualities from the 'Activated EM' process.

HTH

CC

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EM works great, if you like it and dont mind paying for it. i wouldn't stop using it.

I see no problem getting stingy when a bottle of EM is like what $20?

1 liter of EM will cut to 20 liters

1 liter will cut to 250 gallons ( 1 liter has 1000 ml ) ( 1 gallon has 4 ml of EM-1 )

so 20 liters makes 5000 gallons ( 250 gallons per liter at 20 liters )

maybe my math is off ( did not pay attention in school ) so that would be $0.004 per gallon. and stated some people have cut EM-1 with less then 20 parts which could potentially be 10,000 to say 30,000 gallons

I use a glass over plastic , and an air lock to never have to burp the jar or worry about exploding glass
picture.php

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no doubt it stretches far habeeb, with the dilution ratios that can be used. its good stuff for sure.

maryjohn

Veteran
stingyness is about not paying when you don't have to. It doesn't matter how low the price I don't like to pay for something if I can pay less or do it free.

funny how that works.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I see no problem getting stingy when a bottle of EM is like what $20?

1 liter of EM will cut to 20 liters

1 liter will cut to 250 gallons ( 1 liter has 1000 ml ) ( 1 gallon has 4 ml of EM-1 )

so 20 liters makes 5000 gallons ( 250 gallons per liter at 20 liters )

maybe my math is off ( did not pay attention in school ) so that would be $0.004 per gallon. and stated some people have cut EM-1 with less then 20 parts which could potentially be 10,000 to say 30,000 gallons
habeeb

Even if you don't do the Activated EM process, buying a gallon of EM from SCD (specifically their Bio Ag EM mix) when it's on sale, and then include S&H, the landed cost for me is $32.00 in Oregon. The product ships from Arizona for final costs will vary the further or closer one is to the shipping location.

So if I'm using the product at the recommended mixing ratio (1:1000 for plants) then that works out to be $.032 per gallon applied. That's pretty darn cheap especially when you consider and enjoy the benefits of the various EM products on plant health and vigor.

I'll gladly spend that amount of money to support Dr. Higa and his work and research. Money well spent, IMHO.

CC

maryjohn

Veteran
you know, reading the literature, I noticed they don't say it won't work to keep refermenting. They just say they "can't guarantee the results". Then I noticed there is no guarantee anyway, so basically they want to scare you with language that is not technically false.

While I don't mind supporting Dr Higa, I do mind the impediment to widespread use, and I am always against misinformation.

I also believe all this ceramics and infrared frequency stuff is bullshit. But EM is great. Removes dog breath, and when I sprayed it in my neoprene kayaking booties it reduced the smell a great deal (gotta stop leaving them in the car after i paddle)

ripman

Hey, I've got a beneficial integrator called Yogermina which has the following lacto bacilli in a 100 billion concentration per dose:
Lactobacillus Acìdophilus HA-122, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus HA-137, Lactobacillus Casei HA-108, Lactobacillus Plantarum HA-119, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus HA-111, Bifidobacterium Bifidum HA-132, Bifidobacterium Breve HA-129, Bifidobacterium Infantis HA-116, Bifidobacterium Longum HA-135, Streptococcus Thermophilus HA 110, Lactobacillus Lactìs HA-Ì21, Lactobacillus Helveticus HA-117

What would happen if I added one dose of it inside the rice water? Could it be a good idea or are you against?

I believe it might kickstart the culture and provide a more diverse population of bacteria... I have already a jar full of the "local" ones, so I'd get the local as well.
A dose is less than 2 Euros, so even in case I do it as an experiment it remains something cheap.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
ripman

I'd definitely give it a shot. Too bad Yogermina isn't available in the US because I'd definitely test it out.

CC

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seems worth a try ripman, im not one to shoot down peoples experimental ideas. im sure adding to the diversity of the "local" ones will help. one thing im just wondering, when we collect these "local" lacto b. im wondering which ones we actually have and what other things have we collected. anyone know a way to test? im sure a microscope would be needed maybe something even further. really i just wanna know how they know Lactobacillus Acìdophilus apart from Lactobacillus Casei and such.

S

spiral

Thats a good question how do we know whos who. With gram staining we can identify LAB. I know in wine making they do gene sequencing.Some LAB enhance the wine some spoil it, so its important to the wine makers to know whos who. Dont think we can pull that one off, it would be cool though.