What's new

Kushin' It To The Limit, Garden Of Flavor with Mixed Indica's

eddie.saw

well that kind of sucks, SSH would be a nice compliment to all the indica's you got going, There's always hope though! lol

I

Iron_Lion

well that kind of sucks, SSH would be a nice compliment to all the indica's you got going, There's always hope though! lol

Yeah tell me about it, I havent done a single grow over the last 2 years without running some haze strain. If these dont pop by tomorrow I might have to try some new seeds. I know SSH can produce well with a minimum of 2 weeks veg. But like you said, SSH would really complete this killer lineup, peeps jaws will drop when I tell them I have OG Kush, Blueberry and SSH.

eddie.saw

yeah, shanti's beans are usually spot on with germination and usually haven't taken me any longer than 36 hours to show at least a minuscule tap root. Personally with the age of those beans i'd probably throw in 3 or 4 times the number of plants i want and hope something pops.

I'm sure people's jaw will already be dropping but like you said, doing a run without some type of haze isn't giving the full spectrum of highs. nothing like smoking a nice sativa all day then in the evening getting crushed on come kush.

Hope you get something to pop outta that pack, best of luck and warm wishes bro!

I

Iron_Lion

Hope you get something to pop outta that pack, best of luck and warm wishes bro!

its been like 4 or 5 days I pretty much gave up on those seeds, if they pop eventually ill grow them if they dont oh well. i statrted 3 more SSH seeds today, 2 from the replacement pack, 1 from the shitty pack, im not expecting that one to germ either. Thats like 13 out of 15 seeds from that pack that didnt germ, thats the last pack of seeds I ever bought from doctor chronic, for that reason.

eddie.saw

Yeah i haven't heard too many good reviews on things from dr chronic, Shanti has said somewhere over on his site that when seeds get too old a vendor could send them back and he's replace it with fresh stock or when they buy fresh stock that they need to get rid of the old but you're not the first person that i've heard of getting shady packs from dr chronic.

SSH or no SSH i'll still be riding this kush train with you all the way to the end of the line!

I

Iron_Lion

I hit these tonight with an airated EWC tea

Tea consisted of
1 gal water
1.5 tablespoons EWC
3/4 tablespoons kelp meal
1 teaspoon liquid karma
2 pellets peruvian seabird buano

I dont usually use liquid karma but I was out of molasses and still wanted to provide some food for the bacteria.

Still nothing on those SSH seeds, I threw the old seeds in a cup of water tonite, one sank and one floated. I'll give the old seeds another day or 2 before I toss them.

I

Iron_Lion

I got 2 MNS SSH seeds to pop today, they are the 2 from the replacement pack that shanti sent me. There is no sign of life from the other 3 from that other pack. For the good MNS seeds I had tap roots in less than 48 hours.

The runt pictured above went outdoors, it was frustrating the hell out of me and I didnt have the heart to kill it so I just moved it out of sight.

There is noticable growth following the EWC tea, I'll post update pics in a couple days. Veg'ing plants are just so damn boring, Im thinking today that I might not be able to flip on the 30th. Reason being I need a few nice side shoots on each plant to take clones from, and also to give the SSHs atleast a 2 week veg. Im hoping to find some real keepers this round, i've got my fingers crossed. My brain hurts just thinking about all the possible crosses i could make out of what I have. MNS SSh is hands down the best weed I have ever grown or smoke.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey " Iron Lion " i'm very curious to see how chronic from serious they coming man, my swiss friend grow chronic few years before and i remember nice test..full power stone..just delicious ..also the size of cola are huge ..very impressed ..they coming very big man, i hope your also explode, so i can't wait for see this one into the flower boom!!!

eddie.saw

Hey Iron, glad to hear about the SSH, i myself have never heard the pleasure of smoking here but a friend has one in flower now and i'm looking forward to that experience.

Best of luck and Good Vibes!

I

Iron_Lion

hey " Iron Lion " i'm very curious to see how chronic from serious they coming man, my swiss friend grow chronic few years before and i remember nice test..full power stone..just delicious ..also the size of cola are huge ..very impressed ..they coming very big man, i hope your also explode, so i can't wait for see this one into the flower boom!!!

So far chronic is one of the slowest veg'ers out of the group, I'll post a side by side pic with my weekly update.

I read that to get the best yield from chronic its best just to leave it alone and grow it single cola style. This is one plant out of the group I dont plan on training.

I

Iron_Lion

UPDATE: Day 30

Canopy shots

Side view

Here's the best fem plant so far, cocoa kush #1. Im really happy with this plant, they all look good but this one is one of the best. 8 internodes on a plant around 6 inches tall.
picture.php

Killerweed31, here is a comparison of my best female plant and chronic. Both of these plants are the same age, as you can see Chronic is kinda sucking balls. Im really disappointed so far with this one, I always heard such good things about Serious seeds. Im really not expecting much out of this one. I have one feminized seed of Serious Sensi Star, hopefully it performs better than this one.
picture.php

I

Iron_Lion

Plants received aerated EWC tea last night, they will be moved under the 600w hps tonite to finish out their last few weeks of veg.

Tea consisted of:
1 gal water
2 tablespoons EWC
1 tablespoon of kelp meal.

I

Iron_Lion

Day 39 Veg Update
Things are moving along rather quickly, all of the female seed plants have been transplanted into their final pots, Im giving them one week to root their new homes then they will be flipped into flower. The plants are currently under the 600HPS, they got moved into the 600W closet last wednesday.

First 2 pics are canopy shots.

Pic 3 is my Magus Fem Warlock, looking good and stinkin pretty good too.

Next 2 pics are my 2 best Cocoa Kush Fem F2's given to my by a friend. They look almost identical

Next up is my bigger R.P OG Kush S1, my 2 OGK's were looking kind of shitty the other day, they didnt respond well to their last feeding, they have since improved since the transplant to a bigger pot.

Next is my 2 Mr Nice SSH babies, lookin pretty.

This is my Serious Seeds Femmed Chronic totally sucking ass, I am really let down so far, I hear so many good things about Serious Seeds. Im not sure if this one is even going to make the final cut.

Here are a few pics of my DJ Short Blueberry Indica F2s, they're all looking great. These are regular seeds so they wont get repotted until they show sex.

The next few pics are of my equipment Im running in the 600 Watt closet, 6" Daystar A/C Hood, 6" HTG fan, and 2 of my high powered 6" axial fans. Those axial fans kick ass and keep the canopy nice and cool, running temps have been about 75* which is awesome for the middle of summer.

I

Iron_Lion

Thoughts on your Chronic:

Although it doesn't look like you did in the pictures, Chronic has a reputation for negatively responding to any form of auxin manipulation... topping, etc. There was a thread on here a while back where someone was vegging out a whole pack and fell weeks behind after topping them all.

Another thought would be the unlikelihood (of which I'm sure you're aware) of getting a vigorous pheno in a single seed from any respected seed company.

But those thoughts aside, I'm amazed at how far behind that Chronic actually is compared to anything else in your garden. I know your a skilled grower, so it really looks like it might all be on the genetics. But I wouldn't be so quick to give up on the company as a whole, or even that specific strain.

Thanks for stopping by MileHigh :wave:
I read that same thing about chronic not liking to be topped or trained in any way, so far its been left untouched. Even tho its veg'ing slower than snail shit I think it might be fine once the lights get flipped. Im not expecting much more than a single cola from her, so hopefully that one cola will be big and fat. I got her as a freebie seed so I have nothing to lose. I also got a freebie of Serious Seeds Sensi Star in that same order, she wont see the light of day until my next grow but hopefully she'll perform better.

I

Iron_Lion

Day 40 Update

One of my best looking regular Blueberry indica's showed me female pre-flowers today and she got transplanted to a big green recycled grocery bag

All of the bigger plants got mowed over today with some heavy LST. I was able to tie all of them pretty low, this crop is looking good and I have the gut feeling they're all going to produce real well. I have my fingers crossed that none of my fem seeds turn herm.

eddie.saw

what up IL, look rather proper bro! Glad to see everything going along nicely, specially glad to see a little haze mixed in there..

Yeah, i've always been skeptical about fem seeds, not to sure if i'd ever give them a shot but i totally understand why people go with them.

still tagging along bro!