What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krypto's Ultimate Controler

Bonzo

Veteran
try this place for low price used rain storage drums, they also carry used buckets and lids, everythung is steam cleaned and they are really nice people, i got a 55 gallon drum with a spigot, 4 square 4 gallon buckets with lids and 4 lids for 5 gallon buckets for about 50 bucks including shipping.

http://epcontainers.net/id2.html

peace, bONZ

full time daddy
Veteran
hey guys i just found black buckets for the cheapest price ever...........

2 gallon's only but there only 1 dollhair..... where right here at the good ol doller tree...
i just had them order me a pallet 220 ;)

G

yea 00420 dollar tree is the best place EVER

especially where we live :)

found a bunch of good shit there

full time daddy
Veteran
the_danimal said:
yea 00420 dollar tree is the best place EVER

especially where we live :)

found a bunch of good shit there

lmao....

i go there to spend a buck & walk out spending 50....

from h2o2,iso,spraybottles,epsom salt,bleach... best is the 2 gallon buckets for sure
everything ya need for a room......

BudBunker

Im having a problem with my multi-flow. When the buckets are done draining and the res is full, the float vavle keeps getting hit on by the water moving from the pump turning off and on. Its causing my drain pump to turn off and on every couple seconds for hours, maybe even days, if it was left like that. Is there somthing I did wrong when wiring the float switches? The "backup" lower switch doesnt seem to do anything.

G

I am one of the fortunate souls who have actually seen Krypto's gardens...

It's unbelievable how he can take ordinary stuff and make such an impressive Hydro system out of it...

I'd love to be able to answer some of ya'lls questions, alas, I am a simple, hard headed, aging dirt farmer.... :wave:

G

I had the same problem with mine. try shorting the lines out of the pump so you dont have so much backflow (if possible)

BudBunker

Shit, thats whats making it do it, the backflow... I need to find some anti-siphon connectors for my poly-tube, and also a smaller drain pump.

G

you need two cut two holes in the end of the hose....you can put an elbow in one of the holes but its not neccesary

G

yeah, welcome to the club....noticed that too...only one of the floats on either the top or the bottom does anything....

G

I thought the second was just backup in case the first mechanically malfunctioned or something...?

G

it literraly does nothing....I have done many experments with them, and they appear to do nothing....but what do I know...

Towhill54

only one set of switches works...???

only one set of switches works...???

Well. I built my bucket as close to the directions as I could, but I found that the float switches needed to be modified to work properly.
I used the nylon nut that would normally be discarded, reamed out the threads and used it as a spacer so the float wold not travel as far. My bucket now works nicely.

BUT, the second set of switches does NOTHING...?

Is there a flaw in the directions or did I screw up?

Where is the man, Krypto himself?

Towhill54

Wow... That guy is the king of float switches...

But can you get the second set of float switches to do ANYTHING?????

BudBunker

I found out my top switch if hit at the same time as the other top switch, both pumps run at the same time. I removed the one that isnt usethe main switch.

TheDent420

here ya'll go.......

I have gave the way these switches are set up so much thought and experimentation. Originally I wondered why you even need two of each set, upper and lower, but it can't be done with just one switch to operate each pump. Using only one switch, the water moves about in the controler bouncing the switch up and down continuosly turning your pumps on and off. This is Very hard on your pumps, I've had to buy extra parts.
These particular pumps are nice and you can buy a new impeller and repair parts, The seem to last forever.
Back to the point.
As the pumps come on and off the water is then constantly stirred, continuing this cycle and rendering the controler useless.
This will also happen if the controler is wired improperly.

The key is in the difference in height of the two switches.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

TheDent420

Also...........
If you buy the float valves through EBAY, you pay this..........

-3 float valves for $15 and $10 s/h

Float valves bought from link in thread.....

4 float valves for $24 with $3 s/h.............. free s/h if order over $50