What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krypto's Ultimate Controler

greendougan

Best Deal

Best Deal

I told a bunch of painters at a paint store that I would give them $2 ea for clean empty 5 gal buckets, man they were all over that :jump: :muahaha:

P.s the controler worked great after I found I had a bad float switch (was going crazy til I ohmed it out )
Thanks Krypto and everyone else that helped in the forum.

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
ok i looked at the beginning pages of the thread to see what the float switch ratings were,and the link is not working because they changed the name of the site from "floatswitches.net" to " aquahub.com". some one posted teh aquahub link, but it wasnt teh any specific float switch just the general page.

can anyone give the specs of the float switches again, so i know if i have the right ones. not at home right now and cant tell you what the the specs of the ones i have are, but i dont think they are a match to whats in the thread.

i had everything together and ran out of the damned connectors :mad:, anyway, i have to do some traveling today anyway to get another pump so i can test the controller out. i plan to sell the one i have to a friend and buy another timer. i have everything else part wise to build a second one, and besides he knows more about hydro than i do and i've got all that soil i need to do a couple more runs in.

any help would be cool

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
hey ya'll, after i found them i couldnt keep it to myslef, HARBORFREIGHT has 195glh submersable water pumps for $9.99!!! it should be a store wide thing so check the listing for a store near you. i damn near jumped outta my skin when i saw it!!!!! i got 4 of em

:rasta:

Last edited:

~Alaska~

I might have missed it, but I don't think its been posted yet.

Aquahub has an ebb and flow kit containing a project box, 2 relay's, 2 12v transformers, and 5 float switches for $79.99

http://www.aquahub.com/store/product39.html

They haven't figured out how to make it all go on one timer according to their instructions, and tell you to use two, and the relays will turn the pumps off accordingly.

hth and be safe

A

has anyone tried Coco as their medium, I built my controller and used Hydroton last round, but i have been reading a lot of good things about Coco.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread,Good work fella,Great controller for next to nothing and well explained, I think Krypto's controllers and setups will be 'cropping' up everywhere!! I love a bit of D.I.Y.....
Here's how we do,but they're not cheap\/

Microprocessor Controlled Multipot Flood,Bubble & Drain by URBN TRCHMLGY

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=89504

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Krypto's Ultimate Controller.

Krypto's Ultimate Controller.

Just wanted to pay my respect to the father of this system... I already ordered all my parts and should have the system up by Tuesday. Great thread... YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

dekabum

Veteran
WOW great 3d!!

i think.... this is a great 3d for shared my "CRAZY" home-grow-PLC*-box.... :crazy: :crazy:

* PLC Progammable logic controller...

for a good program i work whit my friend for months.... but the work now is a PERFECT...( for me)

some pics

touch screen.... :rasta:

and the PLC ... whit more cablation wire....

this program for control light, temp°, ventilation, pump, co2, for three ambient Grow-Mother&Cutting-Bloom... every actions (light vent.. pump... ecc)... are modify in real time ... and every event is regulated whit timeclock... you switch a time (night-day) and every event switch... when u have a 3lamp 3 poump... 3 vent ecc ecc... is a very difficult have every event under control whit a finger.....whit this Touch Screen PLC is possible!!! :laughing:

sorry for my bad Eng....

Elemental

ORGANIC its my WAY/KUSH AFICIONADO/FULL MELT gran'
Veteran
truly great Thread,thanks for sharing everyone!!

Dekabum......you r an Enginner!!!!

dekabum

Veteran
Elemental said:
Dekabum......you r an Enginner!!!!

:muahaha: :muahaha:

no no!!! i'm only CRAZY.... my friend is a programmer... he have a BIGHEAD... but .... while he works is better not to do big spliff ... the program took wrong street ... grat spilf when job is finished ... no problem if we going off-road...

:joint:

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Krypto and gang,

Thanks for all your work on this thread as the controller works flawlessly. This unit is really gonna help automate things.
Just wish I had built it sooner. Thanks again.

GROW UNITED

is there a converted uk parts list anywhere on net ...Im having probs finding the 5 term spdt timer...i was wondering if any uk peeps have built it yet ??

any help or suggestions ... even better links would be much appreciated
this system is the bolloxs!!!! props to krypto

M

manwithnoname

nice work

nice work

This is an excellent thread! It must have taken a great deal of time to compile this, and will save a lot of people big $. Wish i would have seen it before my $500 flew out of my wallet! :violin:

billbob

the 500 did not just fly away. DIY is wonderful, but the actual system is very reliable and works great. For many the DIY version will create headache and cost much more than the '500'

I think for those wanting the 5 gallon version the DIY is the only way to go

I want to build this but will this simpler one work.

1. controler would have one float switch top and bottom
2.Timer would have contacts for on/off or no/nc
3.Neutral wire for fill pump run through top float switch . set n/c (normanly closed)
4.neural wire for return pump run through bottom float switch set n/o(normanly open)

Timer comes on fill pump comes on until top float switch opens and shuts off pump.(will start and stop untill completely full)

Timer shuts off @ set time say 15 min.return pump comes on untill bottom float opens and shuts off pump.(will start as needed to empty).controler stays drained untill timer kicks on again.
OK is there a flaw in my plan.
Had a hard time finding the floats found some on Ebay $6.00 250v ac 1.5 amp.

billbob

you want the two floats top and bottom or your pump will go on/off over and over. the second float stops this from happening too much