What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

DONAJTHEIII

2 to 3 times a year I take my filter outside and wash the pre filter in a washer, and blow out the carbon filter with an air compressor to get rid of some of the dust and small carbon. It lets it breath like new again and helps to get closer to 4 years out of them.

Genius ahaha I will go buy a new pre filter and hook up my paint guns and compressor and give that a shot !! never thought off that...that airs so fucking strong !

your the man mirac once again

AJAE

Miraculous Meds

Genius ahaha I will go buy a new pre filter and hook up my paint guns and compressor and give that a shot !! never thought off that...that airs so fucking strong !

your the man mirac once again

AJAE

No prob bud,

Don't go crazy with the compressor, just go around the inside and out blowing off visible dust and a small amount of carbon. The main goal is to get rid of the fine dust that clogs up the carbon.

Do this a few times a year and that filter ur replacing every year and half I get 4 to 5 years out of. Usually some time after that 4th year I can tell its time to play it safe before smell escapes.

gl

DONAJTHEIII

Alright everyone

So i tried it once again and it went to 85 at night and I unplugged everything b/c I got pissed lol Im sure it would have climbed up even more.

Im going to study now but hoping you guys can help me I need to get this Heating issue under control I will veg the ladies in a seperate room for now under a 600 while I try to get this heat issue under control in my bigger room. They just got into solo cups.

My plan is to extend my exhaust tubing to my window to vent outside to get all the heat out of my house PERIOD as its stuffy outside of my room due to the exhaust shooting into it. Problem is I only have one window which my intake is hooked up too.

Can I run an intake and exhaust through the same window fellas ?

Hoping this can solve my issue. I will also go around and seal my room for any leaks too I know there are a couple

Am I going to have to resort to a window a/c or mini split for 4 X 600 hps'

Want me to shoot you guys the room measurements ?

thats under 3k and my nightime temps stay between 55-60.

I didnt think an a/c was necc.

would really like to get it under 82f

Is the fan going up to the ceiling too lol ? I hope not

AJAE

Miraculous Meds

Alright lets tighten up these details so I can get a better picture.

U have 4 6's running. Whats the size of ur room? Whats the size of ur fans ur using to intake and exhaust. Are u currentlty pulling in from other room, if so whats the temp of that room, or are u intaking from the outdoors, whats the avg temp when lights are on outside.

Where are u currently exhausting too?

DONAJTHEIII

Its a room that was built inside a large studio space

Ill get the exact measurements tomorrow but Im pretty sure its

Length= 10ft
width= 9ft
height= 9ft

I have a 12inch canfan over 1000 cfm I believe extracting hot air outside of room into outer studio space.

I have an 8 inch vortex 747cfm as my intake bringing in cold air from a nearby window outside of the room.... in the studio space.

Could a new filter make that much of a difference ?

Thanks for the quick response mirac !

AJAE

Miraculous Meds

I don't think a new filter will help at all.

So ur intake is just for the studio then. How does air enter ur grow room? Passive open holes, or is the 8" going right into the grow room.

If the studio that the room is big enough u might get away with using both fans to exhaust the grow room. Using the average temp of the rest of the studio as a buffer temp.

I run a room with 4 6's and I have the same problem. In the summer time I run a/c. Right now is the tough time cause its a transition between hot and cold. I normally use a intake fan with a electric damper wired to a thermostat. That with exhaust fan. Im going to try and do away with the intake fan and let it be passive with opening by the electric damper and thermostat still. then im going to use 2 fans for exhaust set on thermostats too. If they shut off do to temps dropping then u still got to have carbon filtering. That's why I use another fan and filter scrubbing(actually 2 extra carbon filters and fans).

Theres plenty of ways to tackle this just got to beef something up to handle that extra temp.

That was probably hard to read but ask what doesn't make sense and ill try and explain it better.

DONAJTHEIII

8" vortex going from window straight into room.

Damn Mirac

let me get this straight ....I should be in bed but this damn room environment is keeping me up.

so you think if I use both The 8inch fan and the 12inch fan to exhaust and then have no intake or a passive instead ?

that that might work better than an 8 as an intake and a 12 exhausting

correct ?

hmm so basically getting more heat out of the room right ? higher neg pressure in a sense

please correct me if im wrong and not getting it

I think if I hook up both the 8 and the 12 to the window exhausting out of the house completely then I can get the heat down like you stated.

Then I could use the studio air as a passive right ?

Do you have a window mount a/c ?

Could a window a/c Bring cold air into my studio and then bring that cold air in the studio into the room ?

If I did the ac window unit Into the studio then that would remove the need for an intake fan being ducted from the window since the air from the studio would be used to cool the room through a passive or active

right ? too tired for this haha

AJAE

Miraculous Meds

Yes to the 2 exhaust fans and yes to the a/c. Prob is ur coming into winter so a/c aint gonna work soon, or be a pia or be a security risk. So u might have to go elec damper on thermostat for bringing in air, or keep the intake fan, but put on thermostat with a spring damper to close when the temp drops.

Also maybe with the 2 exhaust fans running if ur studio is big enough it might keep the temp down but I doubt it.

those are the ideas I can think of. See what makes sense to ya.

DONAJTHEIII

Ok so let me get this clear mirac alright ?

A/C will stop working because it needs it to be above a certain temp to work correct ?

And let me clarify the setup I will try

I will switch the 8inch from a window intake to an exhaust Ill sit it on phresh filter in my room across from the 12inch exhaust. Both exhaust will have a phresh filter to prevent odor this is the safest thing to do correct mirac ?

Also can I have an intake and exhaust running out the same window ?

I have an old 6 inch vortex I could hook up as an active intake replacement aswell ? or should a passive one l be alright ?

I looked up an electric damper is that considered a passive intake ? no fan right just opens and closes when it get to cold/hot. Is that better than an active 6inch I feel that I wont be having a problem with it getting to cold mirac lmao Its too hot in my room ! lol winter over here stays around 50-60 at night

AJAE

Miraculous Meds

Ok so let me get this clear mirac alright ?

A/C will stop working because it needs it to be above a certain temp to work correct ?

Correct, except I was basing that on the assumption that u would have typical freezing weather conditions which u wont, cause u mention ur lowest temp will be 50, so it will work if u chose to use it. But it does draw possible attention running an a/c during the cool months.

And let me clarify the setup I will try

will switch the 8inch from a window intake to an exhaust Ill sit it on phresh filter in my room across from the 12inch exhaust. Both exhaust will have a phresh filter to prevent odor this is the safest thing to do correct mirac ?

Yes correct, and in my situation cause it will get to 0 eventually, I have to have them on temp controllers so they shut off if it gets too cold. that stops my carbon filtration so I use recirculating carb scrubbers as well to be extra safe.

Also can I have an intake and exhaust running out the same window ?

I have not done this, maybe if u put each on a right angle opposite of eachother, idk?

I have an old 6 inch vortex I could hook up as an active intake replacement aswell ? or should a passive one l be alright ?

This is where u have to experiment to see what works. If u do passive alone the standard is 2 holes or 1 big one, or basically twice the opening that ur using to exhaust. So if ur using a 12" and 8" for exhaust and want to maximize them, then u need 2-12" and 2-8" intake holes or the equivalent. U can use less, but it makes the exhaust fans less efficient.

I looked up an electric damper is that considered a passive intake ? no fan right just opens and closes when it get to cold/hot. Is that better than an active 6inch I feel that I wont be having a problem with it getting to cold mirac lmao Its too hot in my room ! lol winter over here stays around 50-60 at night

AJAE

I consider it passive cause ur not forcing air flow. U can also pair it with a fan. the damper will have to be hooked up to a thermostat to operate.

Also u could hook the intake up to a fan with an spring damper that pushes open when the fan kicks on. Lots of options, im not an expert here, so pick the route u think will work best and if needed adjust it.

what country u in?

DONAJTHEIII

Ok Mirac

So im puzzled on what to do im in the states an all is legal :D

MY MAIN QUESTION FOR EVERYONE IS :

Do you think that I need to revert to a window ac to cool down these 4 600w bare bulbs ?

This is what I was thinking of trying and hoping it works :

I will connect both my 12" and 8" fans to exhaust outside tomorrow but I have little faith that this alone will drop my temps below 80F.

I think an additional intake is necessary ? was thinking the 6" vortex might even be too small think I need a 10" intake fellas ?

My main goal is to keep temps under 80F period this round

With my outside temps b/w 55-60 is that cold enough to be able to cool 2400w or am I just wasting my time trying to use an intake/exhaust to cool these bare bulbs

OR

should I man up and go with a sealed room with a window unit a/c.

a 12,000btu should do it right ? It does look a little strange your right

mirac ahaha but its not like I havent seen it before and if theres no

smell then all is good. I can only run a window a/c in a completely

sealed room right ? The way window A/C's work is its programmed to

turn on when it reaches the programmed/desired temp right ? Ive

never used one of these before sorry for the amateur questions lol

I had the idea that they have to sit in the grow room to sense grow

room temp so it knows when to turn on.

I feel like a sealed window ac room is alot more dialed in ehhh ?

Please everyone help me with this heat issue its so annoying

AJAE

LSWM

With my outside temps b/w 55-60 is that cold enough to be able to cool 2400w or am I just wasting my time trying to use an intake/exhaust to cool these bare bulbs

I cooled 3k in mid summer with night temps just as you are suggesting and day temps in the 70's and occasionally hitting 80 no problem with a single 8 inch HO MaxFan exhausting through a carbon scrubber.

I had another 6 inch HO CanFan exhausting the room, but not directly outside, and only had a tiny 6 inch duct booster drawing air in from the crawlspace below the house.

Wasn't my best yield, but other factors were at play there. Temps rarely stepped above 80*F the entire flower cycle. I just ran my lights at night with some added humidity and was good to go.

If you have low humidity a swamp cooler could solve you issues completely. It raises RH and lowers ambient temp. Win win.

Miraculous Meds

If u go with the a/c u don't have to exhaust ur heat outside. u probably understand that I just want to make sure.

I use a 24k btu, but im sure u can use an 15 or 18k. u might get away with a 12 but idk, it might be too small. I would use at least an 18K and have plenty of extra cooling capability. But I like to go over the top on environmental controls. It pays off to have more than u need just in case.

DONAJTHEIII

I cooled 3k in mid summer with night temps just as you are suggesting and day temps in the 70's and occasionally hitting 80 no problem with a single 8 inch HO MaxFan exhausting through a carbon scrubber.

I had another 6 inch HO CanFan exhausting the room, but not directly outside, and only had a tiny 6 inch duct booster drawing air in from the crawlspace below the house.

Wasn't my best yield, but other factors were at play there. Temps rarely stepped above 80*F the entire flower cycle. I just ran my lights at night with some added humidity and was good to go.

If you have low humidity a swamp cooler could solve you issues completely. It raises RH and lowers ambient temp. Win win.

Then wtf am i doing wrong LSWM lol

So you do think If I use my 12" and 8" fans to pull heat to outside with a 6" intake that ill be able to cool down the 2400w ?

Also LSWM I looked at the swamp coolers interesting ! How big of one do you use ? will it drop my temps that much ?

Ive pin pointed my problem to this please guys tell me if you think this is it :

I cant even plug in 1200w without it hitting 80F ahaha thats a fucking joke isnt it ? even 1 600w starts spiking it up phony as hell

Thats how i knew something in my set up was lacking

especially with a 12" and 8 " both exhausting at the same time !

So i stated aprox. how big my room was already a couple posts ago so thats out of the way.

So i also mentioned that my room was built inside a large studio space. With that said I was exhausting the 12"s air from the flower room to the outside studio space in which the room was built in( ran out of duct ) :D lol . While my 8" was connected to a nearby window so it was exhausting outside unlike my 12". I think the gaps in my flower room were just sucking the warm air right back in from the outside studio space through these random gaps there not huge 12" intake holes in the wall but enough for warm air to be sucked as I put a lighter nearby to see the flame get sucked it. When I would open the door to the studio I would get a warm draft right away and it was warm as hell on my way to the flower room's door.

I have a couple gaps here and there in the walls so im guessing that the warm sticking around outside in the studio is chilling and getting sucked back in. I think once I get more ducting and connect it to the Window with the 8" that this will get the warm air out the studio space as its no longer chilling in the studio/lung space that sits right out the flowering room.

Once I do that do you guys think I should seals the gaps up randomly around my flower room. If theres neg. pressure wont these act like passive intakes ?

I think you guys will agree that this warm air being exhausted into the studiospace/lung room outside of my flowerroom is my problem.

Hope so made sense to me might be this cherry pie too lol

AJAE

DONAJTHEIII

UPDATE:

the babes are doing great...also got the temps down with a passive intake ( Awesome Halloween treat ! )

I will finish cleaning up the big room now and take some shots of the final set up. Ill also take some pics of the ladies this evening.

Everythings actually coming together and it makes me really happy :D

O yeah !!! I pick up my troops next week too so excited

will be using:

**covers a good variety of pests**

A. Swirski's
A. Cucumeris
P. Nematodes

AJAE

Miraculous Meds

UPDATE:

the babes are doing great...also got the temps down with a passive intake ( Awesome Halloween treat ! )

I will finish cleaning up the big room now and take some shots of the final set up. Ill also take some pics of the ladies this evening.

Everythings actually coming together and it makes me really happy :D

O yeah !!! I pick up my troops next week too so excited

will be using:

**covers a good variety of pests**

A. Swirski's
A. Cucumeris
P. Nematodes

AJAE

Congrats on the temp control. So what was the trick?

DONAJTHEIII

Congrats on the temp control. So what was the trick?

Thank god ! aha was freaking the fuck out about the temps

thought I was going to have to buy a a/c system and drop major dough.

thanks fellas for helping out

Solution was simple:

Made a passive intake into the flower room from outside. the size of the passive intake was like 2 12" vents and works like a charm. With all the negative pressure from the two exhaust fans running now not really worried about temps or odor (got two filters attached to both exhausts). the passive intake vents bring in the cold air from outside works perfectly you guys fucking rock.

Pics going up soon

One question for you donutheads

Do you guys lollipop these ladies or let those low branches fill in. Is after the two week stretch when you start chopping out branches that wont hit light and start tying down branches to screens etc.

Ive kind of always let the ladies do their own thing the first two weeks then I start pruning/tying down etc.

AJAE

Latest posts

Latest posts