What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kozmo's World

Team Microbe

Veteran
TM: you just pop those girls indoors so we can all share the good Karma bud. I'm on the hunt for a good SOG pheno. I believe 12 weeks was the time frame if I remember correctly.
I popped 7 HR to put outside this spring and grow these plants the way you intended.

Will do! I had no idea they were a 12 week strain... that's going to be a really good looking plant come the end of flower I bet. Thanks again man :tiphat:

edit: are they female or regular beans?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL...

It's regular seed.

AG13 Haze clone x Biker Kush male.

Should be some outstanding plants in that line. I've seen some grown out and they were exceptional. I've got some myself...just waiting for the right time to start them. I've also got JJNYC's Nigerian x Biker and Ceres Hilton x Biker.

Need to take the time to sort those longer flowering plants. They are on the list for 2015 though.

dank.Frank

Kozmo

Veteran
100% germination

100% germination

Seven Holy Rhidi's and three Haze x Biker's all popped.
Method: Dixie cup with holes, hydroton on bottom(habit), 50/50 mix of light warrior and quality local EWC. Seeds were soaked in Ful-Power(mixed to directions on bottle) for 18 hrs.(24 and they start popping). Then planted pointy side up on top of a pinch of VAM by BioAg. Domed and tray was over heat mat.

Transplanted tonight; pictures will show up eventually of that.

Also am giving a couple plant some training. The left over PCK clone is good. I put another one in the pot the male Rhodi was chopped down from. We'll see what a guy can do with PCK clones.

Kozmo

Veteran
LLB: I just did EWC and molasses. Brewed it in my brewer and put about a 1/2 cup in.

Here's a pic of them transplanted.

Former Guest

Thanks Kozmo! I thought you forgot about me :) I just used root riots with hydro guard, soaked them forever in coconut water, kelp, aloe and superthrive, then clonex. Fingers crossed. Glad you found a great way to do it!

Kozmo

Veteran
It works good. Just not for me. Going to go another rout. Not sure what. Didn't forget just have been busy.

Kozmo

Veteran
I'm going to use the BuldASoil websight. Which I believe is what TMer does. I will use Xtreme as well just see what happens.

BigBozat

Hello all, and welcome!

I had a thread but now it's dead. So I begin again, searching for hairs of red.

I'll start with a build. A cornerstone in a dream. It began as a door, then a work bench, now a veg machine.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57111&pictureid=1334170&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I don't know why I didn't notice your poetic side before... the little ditty above tells me you are the Dr. Seuss of the guerilla growing universe... lmao

Former Guest

From what I read a while back, you shouldn't have boron deficiencies with cannabis but the new stuff I'm reading says boron and other micros are important for photosynthesis but no mention if deficiencies. I don't know if I buy the twisted leaf pheno but who knows. I bet it had something to do with calcium which was one issue he had. But that's just a guess. :dunno: I thought someone answered that while back.

Kozmo

Veteran
You guys go check out the PCK thread about the crooked leaf thing. The peeps tell me over there it's common enough. Even the clones in different soil mixes produce the leaves crooked. What was it the reed about boron LLB? As far as the calcium issue went I added it to see the reaction and the burning indicated I had all i needed in the mix for this plant but was a good learning experience. I learned when would be a good time to add a little to check out the state of things before sending her into flower and that even 1/2 dose goes a long way.

I have a little LED update. I'll post pics of the current bud development. You be the judge. 4 weeks. I am getting bud at 1' 6" from center of the light but 1' seems to be producing more. Common sense I guess but we'll see. after all don't claim a 2' 6" footprint if they don't produce the same around the whole 2' 6". Like I said we'll see if my observations are wrong in the end.

I would like to readdress my soil mix BigBo brainchilded(I just made that word up) but not now. Laters all.

Thanks for sparking a limerick out of me on St. Patties day BigBo!

PS thats the bud on the left of the second pic thats a little further out btw

Kozmo

Veteran
From what I read a while back, you shouldn't have boron deficiencies with cannabis but the new stuff I'm reading says boron and other micros are important for photosynthesis but no mention if deficiencies. I don't know if I buy the twisted leaf pheno but who knows. I bet it had something to do with calcium which was one issue he had. But that's just a guess. :dunno: I thought someone answered that while back.

you were right LLB, I stand corrected. That soil was imbalanced and I was definitely greener then those girls. Much respect LLB, much respect. It pays to go back and look at your own thread. lol Been so busy lately. Thanks for the patience and understanding!:tiphat:

BigBozat

Yeah, I know, Boron deficiencies are - usually - rare to the point of being almost unheard of w/ cannabis...

On the other hand:
The concentration range between toxicity and deficiency is less/narrower for Boron than for *any* other nutrient (macro, micro or trace)...
- AND -
Excess Boron (i.e., toxicity) can interfere with the uptake of Cal...
- AND -
As mentioned, he HAD had some Cal issues...

So, I was just wondering aloud if maybe the Cal issues might be masking an underlying/undiagnosed Boron toxicity issue? Again, not likely... but, depending on Koz' exact nute regimen, it's theoretically feasible that some combination of his nutes are delivering too much Bo, to the point of toxicity... just throwin' it out on the wall to see what sticks...

Some prolly did answer that back a while ago... I was just too tired/overwhelmed from catching up on all my reading after having been off-the-grid/radio silent for a few months recently that I didn't feel like going back & re-reading to see if, in fact, anyone had answered...

FWIW, the 'pheno explanation' seems entirely plausible, to me anyway. I've heard/read/seen similar in re: certain varieties of Girl Scout Cookies, among others, so why not PCK?

As an aside, have loved all the banter between you & Koz & everyone else that's been subbed into his world these last few months. [But what's with the socks? LMAO]

Kozmo

Veteran
Shit. I just looked back and realized(post#44) the mix I made was a late flower early veg mix. I did have a question about worms making nitrogen more available for plant uptake somewhere...
For the record BigBo did add alfalfa to the original mix. I have to take a step back for my next mix. It needs to be for Moms. as I intend to grow these Haze x Bikers out to be some clone filled ladies.

if we go back to #44 post you'll noticed i failed to ammend nitrogen and claimed it as late veg flower mix. FAIL. no wonder everything has been turning yellow. Note to self;Label soil. As of now I put together a mix it's TM's "Team Microbes Living Soil Laboratory"

1 pt. Peat Moss

1 pt. Rice Hull

1 pt. Compost

mixed with:

Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot

Neem Cake and Karanja Cake 50/50 Mix @ 1/2 cup per cubic foot

Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot

Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Brix Blend Basalt @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Glacial Rock Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

But I'd like to readress BigBo's mix he helped me with. I'd like to add Molasses though. I got this idea from BobbleHeads thread.

ocal organic compost

Nutrient:, percentage:, lbs/acre@4tons/acre

Organic matter, 18.8%, 1504
Total nitrogen, .75%, 60
Phosphorous (P205), .27%, 21.6
Potassium (k20), .41%, 32.8
Calcium, 2.5%, 200
Sulfur, .015%, 1.19
Magnesium, 1.05, 84
Zinc, .0046%, .37
Manganese, .0015%, 1.18
Boron, .0015%, .12

C/N ratio, 15.2

Ingredients: Leaves, woody material, vermicompost rock and sea minerals.

Peat moss 1 cubic foot expanded
Rice Hulls 1 cubic foot
Chunky perlite 1 cubic foot
Organic compost 1 cubic foot
EWC .5 cubic foot

Next, I turn to other soil conditioners, texturizers & miscellaneous amendments both for mineral diversity and water retention/drainage balance:

Vermiculite .333 cubic foot

6 cups Glacial rock dust
5 cups greensand
1.5 lbs.'s of Azomite(have to figure this out in volume)
Gypsum(not sure how much to use)
6 cups Rock dust premium Basalt( Got away from the Dolmite lime)

Then I turn to the fertilizers that will provide the primary & secondary macro nutes, preferably in amounts that will deplete N well b4 the last couple weeks. I want this to signal flowering for sativa dominant genes.

36 oz. Alfalfa meal
36 oz. Kelp meal
18 oz. neem meal
36 oz. crab meal
18 oz. Fish bone meal

Also interested in insect Frass

Last edited:

Kozmo

Veteran
^^ I caught a picture of some pot leaf socks she had won at a canni gathering. I thought they were kool and I like to see my love in knee highs. just some harmless chit chat really.

Kozmo

Veteran
Which one? TM's or BigBo's brainchild? I will say that I use the watering regime TM has also.