What's new

Kosher Tangie

qaxx

I pulled her October 22. Great, great plant for me. Just got my Magical Butter machine and will be making a KT tincture at some point. Yum.

DJXX - sorry, I don't have any pics. Wish I had taken some now.

homebrew420

glad someone found a keeper. I just finisherd a room with a pack of the KoshTangie and they honestly kinda sucked. I created a hybrid we call Kosher Tangerines using a Kosher Kush, Jew gold pheno found in a pack of S1 seed, and crossed to the Tangeine Kush male we found in a pack from Rare Dankness. Many plastic like aromas from both groups run side by side. The KT was simply nothing worht growing in my eyes. I would have LOVED to say that my was WAY better, but alas it was only slightly better and in much need of more refinement.
I would not suggest these to people asking. This comes soley from MY personal experience. Also on a side note the Tangies a group of friends grew out were nice but loved to pollinate itself and others in the room...LAME.
Flavor had hints of Citrus but were overall pretty bland for the hype surrounding these 2 elites. Noticed little to no Kosher dominant aromas or flavors, ours were, as stated only a slight improvement.
Nice to see some didn't waste their money.

Peace

Dan Kone

I like her much better than Sour Tangie. In the closet right now is Tangilope :)

Sour Tangie has some amazing phenos.

I've seen two. One broke the record at steep hill labs with a 35% test, then was retested at sclabs with a 30.1% test. That one was a sour og dom pheno. Kind of awkward flavor, but good bud.

The other one is an agent orange dom pheno (not even a tangie flavor, it's exactly like agent orange in flavor). It tested out at 26.5%, and if you've ever run agent orange, you know how amazing that is. Agent orange generally tests out at 12-17% but due to the terpenes present still gives you a massive sativa high. The 26.5% AO dom sour tangie was simply overwhelming. Felt much stronger than the higher testing one and with superior flavor. Definitely a keeper.

Cracking kosher tangie next. Sounds exciting!

quader

I'm really really bummed to read that your Kosher x Tangerine didn't work out Homebrew420. I've got a female in bloom now that seems to be doing ok, but I'm wondering if it is even worth it. ( A buddy of mine got them for me from you )

On a side note, I also have some of your Tangerine Sandies I just popped. Hopefully those genetics are more stable? :tumbleweed:

quader

I'm really really bummed to read that your Kosher x Tangerine didn't work out Homebrew420. I've got a female in bloom now that seems to be doing ok, but I'm wondering if it is even worth it. ( A buddy of mine got them for me from you )

On a side note, I also have some of your Tangerine Sandies I just popped. Hopefully those genetics are more stable? :tumbleweed:

Welp, Looks like I answered my own question. I found an early male bloom on my budding gal this morning, so she got the axe. :(

Hopefully the GSC x Tangerine will do better for me.

California650

Im looking to mother out one of my possible 6 phenos. I might have to snag another pack at the LA cup. Im hearing this is a keeper.

:groupwave:

Top.Shelf

Few (shitty) pics of Kosher Tangie, I've not found many grows of it online. Pics are limited to the DNA ad, a dude named growli's KT grow on youtube and the other set of pics that pop up are those from the Trichome-World. com test grow.

I put 6 seeds in to germinate and all 6 popped. They were vegged for quite a while because I had some issue in the tent think it was 6 weeks, maybe just over, but they were struggling for a week or so due to bad temps and grower error. They're in coco, light is 600w, feed is by hand @ 2ml per L since they were about 4 weeks old. No boosters, just some silicone to strengthen the cell walls and for the added K it comes with, plus calmag n' tap water.

There are 6 plants in this pic but only 4 are KT, the 2 against the back wall are SLH

Day 34 bloom

picture.php

KT1 Must be kosher dom, doesn't look much the tangie pics I've seen.

picture.php

KT2 This one is the spitting image of the one in the DNA ads for 24K/ Kosher Tangie. Clearly Tangie dom in apperance, not that you can really tell from my pics, lol!

picture.php

KT4 She's a stinking trichome factory! I'm pretty sure another OG dom plant. The frost levels are almost 'the white' like.

picture.php

KT6 Most of the others smell quite similar in that they are a mixture of the tangerine and hashy sharp smell. This one smells of skunk, really stinks. It's an old school smell and has me wondering if a lemon skunk x og seed or something like that didn't get mixed up into this pack.

picture.php

Kijell

This is one my favourite strains.
Dont sleep on this one.
Most phenos are really fire and it is nice balance between head and body high.
Also it is not too strong or weak.
Really nice lemon/orange kush flavour and delicious dank smell.
Taste gets really through to you when you smoke it.

picture.php

eyesdownchronic

some great info in this thread. not surprising to hear the kosher tangie (24k gold) was all over the place considering it was a polyhybrid using two f1s. i hit some blood orange tangie from CFF with some Kosher og (jews gold bc1) f4 pollen. hoping this is a more refined kosher tangie cross as the kosher has been selectively inbred towards the kosher. will dub this version Jew's Blood.
two different blood orange females were hit.

blood orange #2

this one has sharp zesty orange peel terps. extremely caked out smaller flowers. definite purple tinge to the flowers.

blood orange #7

more leafy bud structure with a loud overripe dank tangerine guave nos.e . not as frosty or pretty but better yield potential and a louder nose. green pheno

kosher f4 "prophet" male

selected from the f4 "kush" line due to its extremely loud nose in veg.

here is a bud of some kosher f3 "forgotten"

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Mine was 24k gold I believe, looked okay, no nose to it. It was in on a seed run so might have to try the progeny some day.

Also to what others have said, the freebies from DNA seem to be the better plants. I loved my LA, even though it was a bitch to clone and veg.

Kijell

How is the Blood Orange Tangie? Was laying my eye upon them for some time.
Should be great terpene profile, most tangie hybrids are on the weaker side of the high,
thats why I like the combination with Kosher so much, it brings a nice balance.

Yeah not every pheno from seed is a winner, but I had only one weak out of 4 plants of 6 seeds.
Youre mix with Blood Orange Kosher should be fire! :)

eyesdownchronic

How is the Blood Orange Tangie? Was laying my eye upon them for some time.
Should be great terpene profile, most tangie hybrids are on the weaker side of the high,
thats why I like the combination with Kosher so much, it brings a nice balance.

Yeah not every pheno from seed is a winner, but I had only one weak out of 4 plants of 6 seeds.
Youre mix with Blood Orange Kosher should be fire! :)

tangie (blood orange) is pretty good I would say. plants dont grow very sativa like at all. somewhat more petite with strong branching maybe 1.5x stretch in flower. not much of a stacker most phenoes build smallish individual nugs. smells lean between the zesty orange and more juicy tangerine. about half of the phenos have some purpling. I cant speak much to the high as my last run didnt turn out too great, but i dont rememebr the high being very memorable, main thing i remembered was how I didnt like the zesty terps. hopefully this run will finish better so I have a better expression of the high (which should be good) . the terps are really the best aspect of the cross (which sucks if you dont like the profile, lol)

even though the blood orange 2 has beautiful buds and the purple, im starting to pay more attention to the 7 because of its loud, more enticing terps. girl is making my whole grow room smell like tangerines.

and thank you! im hoping so. pretty hopeful that the f4 kosher I used will pass on some FIRE.

Last edited: