What's new

Kooki's diary(K2 T44 DG BB)enviro/cfl

kooki

Diaries are great to have to remind u how things looked during a plants growth so starting a new diary for my benefit.
I dont grow with big lights , or have a lot of space and tend to try to keep things simple as i can :D
Some specs tho(for those interested)
In my veg area i have roughly 1foot by 2 foot space lit by 2x30w cool whites and 2x20 cool whites for 100w, a bit under the 50w/foot mark
In my flower area i have a space of 1n half foot by 2n half foot(just under 2x2) lit by one 125w enviro warm bulb and 4x20w warms and 1x30 coolwhite for 235w (55 to 60w/foot mark)

Last edited:

kooki

veggin

veggin

Ok so as u normally start from beggining in a diary, im kinda starting at the beggining of both veg n flower... here is veg space.
In this i have 3 diff varieties(the two pics shown i saved and currently am a day or so shy from the T44 being 3 weeks)
Those are from nirvana seeds Top44
Whitelabels DoubleGum
And some bagseed (oh yeah bagseed) Blueberry
First pic shows the BB waitin to break free of the soil. the DG having just broke the soil and the T44 at about a week old...

kooki

In this second pic the T44 are 2 1/2 weeks the DG 1 1/2 weeks and the BB about a week (from breaking the soil)

Ive had some probs with the soil on these(i used diff to normal) and got some crappy leaf on the T44,i wont worry too much as they seem to have settled on its new growth being ok..

Last edited:

kooki

Flowering

Flowering

On to the flower space and in here i have a nirvana seeds K2,This is currently under the cfl alone the enviro is turned off. The first pic shows it as it entered after 5n half weeks veg, then the next two pics after 1 week of flowering. This was showing female preflowers in veg of course before i placed in the flower box. Also u may notice its a stringed instrument u can play twinkle twinkle little star on it.. :D
I would normally be training at about the 2 to 4 week of veg depending on the plant. so far i am still leavin the T44 as its really quite short n compact..

Aweek of flower time later

kooki

And so far thats it, 2 week in flower will be in a few days also so shall update photo wise then.

The T44 i hope is gonna pick up a little during 3 to 4 weeks of veg,be nice to start giving it some string training , although the fact its a high percent indica strain and quoted to be quite short n compact i feel it may not train in such a short time of veg(lets hope for two ladies then i can pop one in flower to fill the space n keep one veggin longer) anyway we shall see as we go.
Take it easy IC ladies n gents
Kooki

kooki

Ok so where we at today :D
The blueberry are first at 1 and a half week from breakin the soil, lookin ok so far i want to see how these bag seeds respond, and hope for a lady(cld be hermie u think?) is a possibility always so shall keep eyes on these closely.. :yoinks:

Next up we have the whitelabel doublegum at 2 weeks old they lookin ok so far, i have grown this strain before(still have a mom saved at a friends) and it is a nice smoke so shall hope for a lady out of these two as well..

kooki

And last is the two top44 at 3 weeks old.
The first pic (sorry is dark) shows some rustsing spots on the leaves it doesnt seem to be pickin up as well as the other one since i repot after last pics at 2nhalfweek new growth tho seems unnafected so hope this one will pick up soon :petting:

The other top44 seems ok now tho, and is growing ok , shall think about training during this week :whip:

will have pics of K2 at two weeks when lights on tommorrow tho stretch seems to be slowing so hope the followin week might start to show the grow tups "hairing" up :canabis:

kooki

:wave: thanks green :dance:

Well here we go with update on the K2 in flower, a few pics to show how it is.
Cant wait for this to start showing hairs at growtips n change to being a bud building lady :yoinks:
Here it is today at 2 weeks into flowering, i believe nirvana seeds give this a 8/9 week flower time so a while to go yet.. some space u can see on the top shots but this is ok it lets air circulate, also many grow tips hidden under fan leaves.
Today i moved from under the 110w of cfl to under the 125w red enviro ,when i get another girl to go in the flower room then i will put the cfl back on n put the new lady under them to start, i figure i have enough room to get 3 in there , hopefully staggered at 3 weeks each time (this might become 4 before one of the top44 cld be ready :badday: , but i can hopefully make the time back with the one after that as i have 6 plants growing in veg some have gotta be ladies huh :ying:
Take it easy all , dont be afraid to comment suggest or praise :bow:

kooki

Thanks for the kind words HC :joint: i started it for 5 and a half weeks of veg at 20/4 lighting....
And its current at 2 weeks flower timing 12/12
Not used the enviro before ,have used cfl so interested to see how equivelent watts compare :D
cheers :wave:

kooki

Well almost pic update time. will be tomorrow, but been on the look out this week for preflowers...
Well i noticed two on the best lookin top44 , only just popped up and well tho they arent lookin ball on stick male yet , there are no hairs poppin out yet :badday: so will keep an eye on it, but guess my bad luck continues with yet another male. sigh. normally i pop 2 seeds n see ,mostly this results in at least 1 female, but yep u cld always end up with two males like i did with the 2 afghan in between the K2 and top44 sigh now the best top44 cld end up male n the other is really not performin well yet lol oh well if they turn male shall start 2 more top44 seeds and enter them into veg n wait to see what the DG and BB turn out like .
Makes me consider gettin just female seeds n cuttin out the hassle :badday:

kooki

Some pics.. first up is the top44, that one looks as tho it cld end up male. no hairs poppin from the few preflowers it has, although it certainly doesnt look ball on stick male yet tho.. :badday: and the other one isnt responding growth wise as well, but has stopped having probs with new leaves so ok in one regard... at 4 weeks old they quite short compact but slow growing ,not bushing with secondary growth much, although the pack description does say ideal for sog. i think it really is just a sog type plant.

Last edited:

kooki

next up is the Doublegum..At 3 weeks just at moment.I have grown this before, is nice smoke too, so far its growing well, not training this yet, waiting on top44 to see what they are first, n if ends up crappy males grrr will devote more space in veg room to these to repot n train

kooki

And lastly the BlueBerry 2 n bit weeks old, these are from bagseed so shall wait to see if just hermies lol these are in the worst spot in the veg box at moment gettin the least/weakest light ,but still growing on :yes:
Lets hope we get some females show their hairs soon, and non of those preflowers u just cant tell for a week sigh..

kooki

anyone got any suggestions on good purple colour strains? lookin to grow something with that nice deep purple colour thats also a decent smoke, thats taste and strength wise :) any suggestions appreciated :)
kooki

well i dont know many purple strains for indoors much myself but you could try
"Stinky Pinky" (by thseeds) which turns pink with pistils and great for sea of green!

ahh..here we go; Sweet Purple by Paradise seeds is a good strain though ive never tried it. Its a large yeilding dutch variety,its crossed with huge resin-producer and is quite tall with hues of purple & pink...tastes like strawberries and grows well indoors!! 8-9weeks flowering time!! Hope that helps.

kooki

:wave: thanks for the suggest green ,have mode a note to go check them out. Any more suggestions peeps?

Here we go with a K2 in flower update. Its at 3 week tomorrow, but just took some today, side n top view , u can see it is keepin its low profile , but the budsites have filled some of the spaces that where there last week. This shld be pretty much the endings of stretch period as more hairs are showing at the budsites/growtips and i hope to see many more by the end of this weeks growth :D
edit:eek:ops forgot pics lol

Last edited:

kooki

just a tag note for self , i put both of the T44 in flower box, will see how the preflowers are lookin after a week of 12/12 , should be more certain by then, as still not seeing hairs i am expecting a male, but would be nice to be wrong :D lol

Last edited:

Truth

kooki said:
anyone got any suggestions on good purple colour strains? lookin to grow something with that nice deep purple colour thats also a decent smoke, thats taste and strength wise :) any suggestions appreciated :)
kooki

the top44 I have turns purple, atleast 2 out of 3 did. one a very deep purple, with some mango reddish hues in certain buds, and another that has some hints of purple, and light green. the other pheno is a very neon green color. as for decent smoke, we shall see very soon, very frosty..should taste pretty good and be pretty strong as far as I can tell :joint:

hope ya don't mind me showing you..
16634purp2.jpg

16634purp3-med.jpg

16634purp4-med.jpg

16634purp5.jpg

hope you get a lovely female surprise from the t44.

some people beat this strain to death on people, but of course blueberry can be very purple and potent, so can purple urkle, blackberry, black russian, mountain jam, there are many many purple strains out there to choose from. search the forums for purple strains, it will give you an idea of what to choose from and you can select based on other people's accounts and pictures. remember, colder temps (sometimes as low as 57F, but usually in the mid 60's) are needed to cause purpling. some react right away even early in flowering, others don't begin to show signs until late in flowering.

Last edited: