What's new

KMK0420's 1st: Rhino, Widow & MIS

I

itsus

go to radio shack and get a battery powered scope. i've never had a strain ready when they say it's supposed to be ready. it'll be the best 13 bucks you've ever spent. i put mine through the wash and it still works great.

T

TheMintMan

PS!

anyone who comes across this thread/post, on average - the strains im running - nirvana white rhino/widow, both primarily indicas, how many days of flower do they go, on average? 50? 55? 60? 65? i know you can never predict but i need to ballpark when i need to start flushing.

I have White Label's WR, but for the past few years it's been fairly consistent...even between different phenotypes. Average flowering time in my garden for this strain is 55-60 days. 60 usually being a bit on the ripe side.

K

KMK0420

these are primarily indica strains and i see ppl harvesting at 50-55 days primarily. i'll give them a minimum of 55, and maybe an additional week after that depending on how the trich's look...

at this point, no more pics until they're cut! im gonna hold out this time...lol

rhino may finish quicker than the widow but i'd prefer to harvest all at once...is there negative effects if you harvest too late?

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
paper bag or box with holes cut in sides and top.. turn them side to side so they dont get all flat on one side.. And check.. yer gurls are looking great btw.. Happy and healthy.. great work peace.

sack

K

KMK0420

final update before harvest:

a few straggling branches never made it to the top of the canopy, yet formed buds and eventually just hung under the canopy under-developed. cut them off, let them dry a few days and smoked them..Bleh.

i can't tell if i'm high. lol...maybe its more cerebral and im just not noticing it. i feel kinda like my brain is doing a lot of internal thinking and thats it...didnt expect much from underdeveloped, unfinished, unflushed and uncured buds..lol

i plan on cutting all plants at 65 days just because its going to make harvest much easier for me, and gives them all ample time to finish. if 1 plant has to go longer, they'll all go longer (max 70 days) i have to use the tent to dry them, as i need a fan and darkness and thats the perfect enclosure to do so. i fed them water + molasses today, and MIGHT do one more watering WITH nutes...at this point they are going 2-4 days between waterings (judging by weight of pot). so next watering would be prob 1st of september...still 14 days before harvest...2 weeks...figure maybe one final feeding, then flushing straight water until chop...i think thats a sound idea as most people say 7-10 day flush

day of chop: September 15th (unless delays)

Expect some pics then, and then a week or two after drying and beginning cure process

And for those that see this, on average how long does it take to dry the buds before they are smokable? Do some of you just start blazin' after theyre dry, or do you wait at least a week or two for a cure first before you indulge?

T

TheMintMan

KMK0420 said:
i can't tell if i'm high. lol...maybe its more cerebral and im just not noticing it. i feel kinda like my brain is doing a lot of internal thinking and thats it...didnt expect much from underdeveloped, unfinished, unflushed and uncured buds..lol

Hah, trust me bro, you are almost there. We all go through this part. Where you smoke a few premie buds and sit and wait...and wait...and think "Oh God no.....It's not working. This isn't weed! What the hell?!?!" Patience grasshopper. :)

After a week or two of curing you'll open the jar and it will be fairly obvious that it's tits. Smoke a bowl and it's the Eureka! moment...or as I like to call it, the Ahh-there-it-is! moment.

I look forward to your next update.

Peace,
Mint.

K

KMK0420

quickie update:

mint, thanks dude i know its hard to wait while they look so effin good. lol, i had a branch that i had to take off (well, it wasnt going anywhere) around 45 days...let it dry out..and DAMN! very cerebral but simply 10 days difference DAMN DAMN DAMN. no narcotic high, but i feel great after smokin a bowl of it.. harsh tho.

second, today marks day 58. plan on again going ~65, or until trichs start going amber...hopefully. theyre going from clear to cloudy now if my eyes serve me right. exactly 1 week and its chop time :)

K

KMK0420

Due to error on my end, i switched and used a 60x magnifier glass....instead of a jeweler's loupe (30x)

Time to chop! Finishing day 60 or 61 i think. Pictures up tomorrow probably.

K

KMK0420

61 days flowering for all 4 plants...

Cutting and manicuring took 6 solid hours. I got so tired i got real sloppy on some of them :( I should have did 1 at a time. I needed the tent though to dry them out, so i had to do all at once.

Thank you to EVERYONE over the years (on this forum and my thread) who have given good advice and helped me along..i did it!!

Not so great pics, but will obv get better ones once dry and curing begins (and i get some sleep...running on empty)

PS, judging by last pic can anyone guess final weight give or take a half ounce? just a ballpark if possible. thanks!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
kmK
Howzit..?? Happy harvest brother the pics are good nuff to tell that your garden kicked ass.. Great work and happy puffing.. peace.

sack

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
A very nice looking harvest, indeed. Can't wait to hear your report on them. Just by the looks of it, I bet you have a few ounces there after you trim all the stems off and let them dry. You could always just weigh them, and take 30% of the wet weight as your estimated dry weight, because that's about where they'll be in the end (maybe only 25%...hard to say sometimes). Kudos to you!

K

KMK0420

Thanks guys! I plan on vegging longer next time around, along with using 7 gal pots in the end for heavier plants. Cant wait to puff some! Never had this much weed, ever. lol

ah hell yeah dude you pulled it off! looks fuckin delicious, you gotta be stoked. I cant wait to hear what you yielded and how it smokes. Nothing ever came of the light schedule mishap huh? didn't seem like too big of a deal, I'm glad it wasn't. congrats man, you did it by the book and definitely deserve that big pile o nuggets you have.

K

KMK0420

oh its not over yet...lol! i'll post up some more pix once dried and cured for a week or two. to give yall the final look at it, along with a smoke report. i didnt wait for a LOT of amber trichs, but a lot were def cloudy.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
nice job. im interested in if you prefer ww or wr. growing and smoking wise.
K+

K

KMK0420

well, as far as growing...white widow was more forgiving and white rhino was more of a crybaby when it came to nute deficiencies... i had a fan fall literally onto the plant breaking multiple branches...and it still produced some crazy nugs and one main big cola...buds are far from smokeable at the moment, probably a few more days drying then to the jars. as soon as they're smokable, i'll report back...then maybe a month or so afterwards after a nice long cure.

going to be back in action with another round yet again, but this time - 2 week seedling stage, instead of a 5 or 6 week veg go 6-7 week veg, and finally use 7gal pots instead of 5...and flower for 70-75 days rather than 60.