What's new

killerqueen(lonestar) genetic drift

E

Easy e

I've got one in veg now mate and 1 a couple of days from being cut so once the lights come on at 9am I'll get a pic .
I'm using a mixed spectrum of flouro's to veg , I did think it was down to not liking the lights but ifs the only strain what does it

E

Easy e

Here's the pics mate

The flowering one started off the same as the one in veg but after a while it sorts itself out .

Edgey

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369908439.280086.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369908451.664532.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369908473.582556.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369908483.934803.jpg

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
thanks edgey mate

whats the stretch like on her?, i used to get almost 2.5x

the kq has spat some pollen on the pursang haze x jacks cleaner shes been real stressed with temps and underwatering due to being very busy the plants this run have been pretty much looking after themselves ive only seen em three times under hps light lol

pursang haze x jacks cleaner
picture.php

picture.php

this yields well too bit less than schnapps but she hits ya good apparently

peace

E

Easy e

She certainly looks good mate 😊

I'm getting about 2x stretch on the killer , maybe a bit more but I've been giving it a 3 week flush in the wilma tank the last 2 runs and she seems to love it , packing on crystals in the last 2 weeks .

I'm going to replace all the flouro bulbs soon and see if that helps

Edgey

SupaFunk

Veteran
Here's the pics mate

The flowering one started off the same as the one in veg but after a while it sorts itself out .

Edgey

View attachment 224075 View attachment 224076 View attachment 224077 View attachment 224078

That 2nd pic looks like the mutant c99 my mate had from seed. The seed Mum was fine, just the cuts would look like that for about a month after rooting, then as it filled out it turned normal. He thought he'd OD'ed her with nutes or something on the first run. Same odd look pre flowers and leaves.

E

Easy e

That 2nd pic looks like the mutant c99 my mate had from seed. The seed Mum was fine, just the cuts would look like that for about a month after rooting, then as it filled out it turned normal. He thought he'd OD'ed her with nutes or something on the first run. Same odd look pre flowers and leaves.

Same sort of thing as this , once it's got a decent set of roots it grows as normal

Edgey

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I thought id add my experience. when I got the cut I was warned she was delicate. it doesn't take much to stress her out and she throws herself into a reveg type mode. pistils and one/three bladed leaves etc. ive had it with some that ive neglected but just thrown them away.

if you make sure she is well looked after -not left rootbound, no nutrient defs, no high temps or anything else stressful, she should be fine.
I don't think its genetic drift, its most likely stress. and even if it is genetic drift, which has been seen in other plants species etc, its said to be caused by environmental factors anyway such as certain stresses.

im not blaming it on grower error at all but she just isn't that hardy ive found. il most likely chuck mine after the current round. its nice but to many negatives for this one I think.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
indeed but shes fussy

just like women the lookers are fussy tempremental drama queens 90% of the time

looks over shoulder while typing....

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
KQ

KQ

Killer Queen with 4 wks veg in coco, using a 600w vertical. fed vitalink coir.

picture.php

picture.php

K

*Kushty*

so is this killerqueen worth all the fuss?
or is it one to avoid?

any smoke reports?

K

*Kushty*

sounds like one to look out for then keep dropping some pics azad

green plant heavy as in sleep inducing ? we call it mong weed here haha but it's mainly jack herer round here more heady buzz which goes down well

G

GreenPlant

:yes: [Lots of Names For The Effect !] :smoke:..

"A Daywrecker" so yea m8 good for sleep/insomnia

newshooots

I picked up some cuts of what i was told was killerqueen. in the uk.
we got them as tiny root cubes, potted them on, all was good.

we decided that an afternoon in the july sun would be great to give them a boost!

so we left them for several hours. boil in the bag style. panic stations all round. we opted to just let them have some recovery time after our over keen mistake.

several weeks later....

of 20, all but 3 survived, despite being pronounced dead at the scene they recovered extremely quickly and once they settled into new pots and rooted up properly they really kicked off. very dark leaves, darkest ive seen. dark red stems too. distinctive in a large crowd of vegging plants.

so, from the remaining cuttings i nursed them back up into decent pots and set about getting the spare ones outside to enjoy the weather. a few locations have some of the queen cuts in builders buckets, with the bottoms broken open for roots to escape, buried in nicely. theyve taken some time to settle down after the transplant, but after a long week or two of decent rain, theyve doubled up nicely. low plants, but bushy.

of the remainders indoors, a couple are in 6 litre pots. 2 weeks or so into flowering. lookin good.

from my favorite outdoor girl, before she left the house, i took 4 cuttings. to do a test, budget outdoor cuttings. i put 4 decent tops of a bushy plant, put them in normal soil in a little 4-tray thing, then put that inside a 5 litre clear plastic drinks bottle, gave them some water, and left them. i didnt water them or even the lid or anything.

maybe a month later i opened the lid and theyve all rooted and begun to grow up and are pushing against the lid. strong plants.

.........this has been a long late night ramble about the killer queen. great plant, great name. we'll see about the smoke.