What's new

killerqueen(lonestar) genetic drift

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
some of you may know i mentioned my kq was doing wierd things since i sprayed her with that mite killer in the yellow bottle

its bud structure is the same leaf structure the same too but its lost a load of vigour grows sideways and hardly stretches

heres a pic of when i first got it stretch was double and abit

picture.php

heres another recent pic of my older kq in veg

picture.php

heres my new kq from the same original source this one had two weeks more veg but as you can see my first one is still way behind this one doesnt show preflowers in veg and grows like a plant should

veg
picture.php

flower 7 week
picture.php

this ones gone more indica and looks like its going to yield nearly double my old one

heres a pic when cheesey grew it

picture.php

im going to get some more full plant pics today to show both abit better

before anyone says there different plants there not they are both the same plant from the same source they both smell the same too

so my question is this has anyone else thought the kq has changed over time plenty of people have it so it would be nice to see other peoples pics too

back later with better pictures

peace

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I grew Lonestars killer queen, favorite around here for a long time. But over time 9 i took clone from a clone from a clone......) she just lost her frosty-ness , flavor, just not the same plant. The friend I got the cut from had the same issues.

ohhh It was goood in her day..:plant grow: I wish I could get more.

S

speedemon

Here's some pics of my KQ I found since owning her and getting used to her requirements she performs better each time I grow her with no loss in resin, but maybe a gain but it could be down to the additives I use?

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
looking good speeds have you got any early pics of her from when you first ran her

i think i got an early veg pic from when i first got mine so al see if i can find it

peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
This is really interesting.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the G13 genes? Nevil said one day his original G13 cutting from the 80s just gave up on life and there was nothing he could do to save it.

I wonder if the G13 genetics are prone to mutation/degredation?

It will be interesting to see which one is a nicer smoke and if there any differences in flavour/potency.

Peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

interesting pics speedemon

these look more sativa like and were talking back end of last year here

piff looks like the g13 is coming through more on the newer one what do you think?

peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
heres what happened to her when she got sprayed
picture.php

you see the yellowing on the leaves they actually went pure white to the left of the kq is the kalishnapple same here not quite right since but ive replaced her now so all is good with that one

i lost the blue meanie casey jones peri cut chem d chocolope and the austrian bubblegum

this is the happiest ive had her since i treated her for mites

picture.php
february

peace

doneit

Veteran
Hmm... have you taken clones from the original that was sprayed? if so do they look different or did they grow out of it?

I have grown literal 100's of thousands of LS's KQ, fucked em up every witch way at one time or another, but never seen one genetic drift, i have seen em get purdy fuckered but always return to normal the next round.
I think you just gave her something she doesnt like and stunted her growth patterns.

I never lost any Vigor or quality over 100's of generations, she is one of the toughest and most reliable strains i have dealt with.

take some cuts and see what happens, that will tell you positively if your strain is fucked.
lemme know

kg beans

hey RIL m8,glad to see you back m8..dunno if it might help and could be unpracticle to some,but what I do if some of my motherstock starts looking "tired",(and lets face it youd be bit tired too if you've been kept in veg under lights for about 3-4 years!!lol)I literally give the plants a holiday!..in the garden!!..ive found tht with some of my older cuttings when given a season outside under natural lights it does them wonders and does seem to "revitalise "them if you like.just before the longest day take some cuts from your newly revitalised mother and use them as your new mother stock,i do this simply cos its easier to treat a cut for any outside pests than a whole plant... hope that made sense!!anyway sorry for rambling on ...kgb

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Hmm... have you taken clones from the original that was sprayed? if so do they look different or did they grow out of it?

I have grown literal 100's of thousands of LS's KQ, fucked em up every witch way at one time or another, but never seen one genetic drift, i have seen em get purdy fuckered but always return to normal the next round.
I think you just gave her something she doesnt like and stunted her growth patterns.

I never lost any Vigor or quality over 100's of generations, she is one of the toughest and most reliable strains i have dealt with.

take some cuts and see what happens, that will tell you positively if your strain is fucked.
lemme know

yeah mate i did but only when she had pulled through it which took 4 month

ive taken many cuts since she just doesnt want to grow upwards she just bushes like crazy i used to get double and a bit for stretch but now its like 0.5 stretch same frostyness same smell just lacking alot of vigor cuts take 14+ days to root an i usually get roots in 6 days with everything else

youll know yourself soon enough

kgbeans i think your right mate i heard the same too,think shanti does this every year since he lost some prize cuts many moons ago
supposed to bring back some vigor

so i now have 2 kq cuts one thats gone indica and my original that just doesnt want to grow upwards and has wierd pre flowers gunna stick it outside an see what happens

peace

E

Easy e

I'm still having issues with it pre flowering and throwing out single bladed leaves , sorts itself out with a good veg time but it has lost some vigour over time .

Edgey

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
thats how mine started.

This is really interesting.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the G13 genes? Nevil said one day his original G13 cutting from the 80s just gave up on life and there was nothing he could do to save it.

I wonder if the G13 genetics are prone to mutation/degredation?

It will be interesting to see which one is a nicer smoke and if there any differences in flavour/potency.

Peace

Of the strains I have run over the years, all the g13's crosses have had some kind of mutation

Last edited:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I'm still having issues with it pre flowering and throwing out single bladed leaves , sorts itself out with a good veg time but it has lost some vigour over time .

Edgey

could you share some recent veg pics mate I'm interested in her fan leafs and her branching characteristics

also what bulbs you using for flowering is it just hps or dual spectrum

this new one is gunna yield big and she's not fully swollen up yet and pistils haven't retracted whereas the first cut seems almost ready at under 8wk which to me is pretty fast for kq but yield on it is way under normal

I'm guessing 3oz+ for the new one and she's had a hard time with temps

the first one I will be lucky if I get 1.5oz off her

anyone else with kq pics please share
,it would be great to see other peoples pics and thoughts

peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
thats how mine started.

Of the strains I have run over the years, all the g13's crosses have had some kind of mutation

thanks for joining in I read some old posts of yours in resinryders kq thread

I think he's still got kq too he's had her 6+ yr now she's definatly special eh

peace