What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer Queen Redux and some other stuff

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
BTW, the ECSD x Durban looks fantastic. Big chunky ass bud are a winner every time. Nice offering GRS.

Looks great darkstar! Looks like a longer flowering pheno. The sweeter the smell the more Durban in the pheno. Those are going to be some fat buds by the time they ripen.

Thanks GRS, you da man!! Kind of hard to tell with the other plants in the room but the smell is kind of like "over ripe fruit, fuel" on the one in the pic.

We'll call this one ECSD x Durban #2,. It's about 2 weeks behind the 1st one.

picture.php

KQR

KQR

My original KQR sadly had to get chopped so I have something to smoke on my birthday (no pics yet). Here are some clones of it though

KQR#1

picture.php

KQR#2

picture.php

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Looking good. Fine JOB with the girls. Just for comparison sake, here's what the original Killer Queen from Vic High looks like. He used Pacific's G13 while the KQR uses Airborne's G13. Just for the record, Airborne admitted that her G13 was not, in fact, G13. so who knows what it was. Not knocking it just clearing the record about linage.
These pics are from this past week-Should give you an idea of how close your plants are to the original. If you would rather me take the pics down just say the word and I'll do the edit thing.

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Not sure where you got this info rr but this is straight from the lady.

A Dutchgrown Seeds/Reservoir Seeds Joint Project. The famous 1990's BCGA hybrid, improved and resurrected. Reservoir's unforgettable pineapple Cinderella 99 Mom has been bred with G13bx males derived from the Pacific G13 clone. The result is Killer Queen, Redux. She smells like pineapple and finishes with a nice, fruity, nutty flavor, with pineapple being dominant and a rip-roaring, eye-crossing high. Killer Queen finishes flowering in 50-55 days of 12/12 light.

DeoXy

A Dutchgrown Seeds/Reservoir Seeds Joint Project. The famous 1990's BCGA hybrid, improved and resurrected. Reservoir's unforgettable pineapple Cinderella 99 Mom has been bred with G13bx males derived from the Pacific G13 clone. The result is Killer Queen, Redux. She smells like pineapple and finishes with a nice, fruity, nutty flavor, with pineapple being dominant and a rip-roaring, eye-crossing high. Killer Queen finishes flowering in 50-55 days of 12/12 light.

Lol now your see where the confusion set in for me on the subject...either way both the KQ and KQR pictured look like some str8 bombay

DeoXy

Hey darkstar.. you got a nice lil garden salad going atm:good:.. they all look good.. look forward to seeing updates on your gals.. especially the KQR.. I'm excited about mine.. gives me something to look forward to as mine have a long while to go lol.. ill be lurkin around :ying:

Hey darkstar.. you got a nice lil garden salad going atm:good:.. they all look good.. look forward to seeing updates on your gals.. especially the KQR.. I'm excited about mine.. gives me something to look forward to as mine have a long while to go lol.. ill be lurkin around :ying:

Thanks for stopping by Deoxy! I'm really diggin' the KQR, just like my luck, the day after they came in the mail the Bay started the buy one pack get one free deal. :smokeit:

DeoXy

Thanks for stopping by Deoxy! I'm really diggin' the KQR, just like my luck, the day after they came in the mail the Bay started the buy one pack get one free deal. :smokeit:

Lol I hear ya on that.. I've had my pack stored away for 2 years @ full price.. Just takes me forever to get through all the packs I have stored when I only grow 2x a year and have limited space.. I finally got the chance to run mine.. It was between KQR and Magenta99 but for now its the KQR:dance013:.. when I get a second 600w system in a couple months I'm gonna finally run this 3x3 flood n drain table I have had sitting around for 2 years.. thinking maybe rockwool slabs? and I will prob throw in either my lavender or chemdog IBL.. not sure yet but should b a fun experience.:ying:

The Magenta99 looks killer from the pics I've seen, I'd love to grow it some day. I think I'm going to pop some Grindhouse Ultra Sonjas' and a few Gonzo#2 that came as freebies. The US was pure frosty/funky goodness on the last round :)

DeoXy

The Magenta99 looks killer from the pics I've seen, I'd love to grow it some day. I think I'm going to pop some Grindhouse Ultra Sonjas' and a few Gonzo#2 that came as freebies. The US was pure frosty goodness on the last round :)

yes sir.. that sounds about right :dance013:.. need to pick me up some grindhouse gear thats 4 sure.. looking forward to seeing your US when you start them up :ying:

resinryder

Veteran

Here's where I got it. REZ's strain description. Every time REZ had given a description of his Killer Queen he uses in his crosses, and the KQ he passed on to DG to use in the joint project which yielded the KQR is listed as follows-
(BTW I asked him one time about it and he say his was made with the Airborne G13)
Item description: Sour Queen
A very special creation from Reserviour Seeds....Rezdog's phenomenal Sour Queen: Killer Queen (AG13/C99) X Sour Diesel BX 1.5
Sour Queen finishes in the sixties, and is awe-inspiringly powerful and a good yielder too.

Item description: Sour Queen II

Breeder: Reservoir Seeds
Killer Queen meets Sour Diesel,redux.
Absolutely fanfuckingtastic herb,
an easy 20% tHc,
Flowertime of about 60 days.
Approximately 40 packs will be released.<-- Very limited
Item Description: Killer Apollo
Killer Queen (AG13/C99) X Apollo 11 (Genius/C99)
Flowertime 50-60 days.

Item Description: Kill Bill
Breeder: Reservoir SEeds
KILL BILL (KQ x William's Wonder)
Airborne's G13,Cinderella99,and William's Wonder all meet in a crowded bar.
Guns are pulled.
Pollen flies.
Glands grow fat.
Flowertime of 50-60 days.

DeoXy

Here's where I got it. REZ's strain description. Every time REZ had given a description of his Killer Queen he uses in his crosses, and the KQ he passed on to DG to use in the joint project which yielded the KQR is listed as follows-
(BTW I asked him one time about it and he say his was made with the Airborne G13)
Item description: Sour Queen
A very special creation from Reserviour Seeds....Rezdog's phenomenal Sour Queen: Killer Queen (AG13/C99) X Sour Diesel BX 1.5
Sour Queen finishes in the sixties, and is awe-inspiringly powerful and a good yielder too.

Item description: Sour Queen II

Breeder: Reservoir Seeds
Killer Queen meets Sour Diesel,redux.
Absolutely fanfuckingtastic herb,
an easy 20% tHc,
Flowertime of about 60 days.
Approximately 40 packs will be released.<-- Very limited
Item Description: Killer Apollo
Killer Queen (AG13/C99) X Apollo 11 (Genius/C99)
Flowertime 50-60 days.

Item Description: Kill Bill
Breeder: Reservoir SEeds
KILL BILL (KQ x William's Wonder)
Airborne's G13,Cinderella99,and William's Wonder all meet in a crowded bar.
Guns are pulled.
Pollen flies.
Glands grow fat.
Flowertime of 50-60 days.

I thought Rez donated his pineapple c99 mom to DG for the KQR?

resinryder

Veteran
I thought Rez donated his pineapple c99 mom to DG for the KQR?

You know what, you and Third Coast are 100% correct. The original Killer Queen is Pacifics G13(f) x Bros Grimm C99(m)
DG'scross is Rez's C99 mom x Pacific's G13bx male, which theoretically would be close but not the original recipe. So I do apologize for posting incorrect information. When i have to increase the amount of meds I have to take, sometimes what I read and what I understand from it don't always come across as the same thing.

Found the camera, I'll put up some pics tomorrow. I have a black lab who has been my best friend for the past 10 years, and I almost thought I was going to lose her. The girls got a little neglected because of it but they'er doing good.
P.S. My lab is 95% back in puppy mode :)

DeoXy

Found the camera, I'll put up some pics tomorrow. I have a black lab who has been my best friend for the past 10 years, and I almost thought I was going to lose her. The girls got a little neglected because of it but they'er doing good.
P.S. My lab is 95% back in puppy mode :)

Good to hear about your lab being ok.. I love dogs.. I miss my jack russel and yorkie.. had to give them up when I moved due to not being able to have animals in the last apartment I lived in:tumbleweed: .. but I got an awesome cat tho.. he's my little hommie, has the best personality I have seen in a cat.. been in my family for over 10 years.

and cool look forward to the pix :ying:

sneaky_g

Cindy 99 is some of the best smoke i've had. Up their with the kali mist from 05 in terms of flavor... I'm sure that queen is a gem. Very very nice!!