What's new

Killer A5 Haze

Spankee

yeah i had (still have) a rubber yellow suit- i would spray all around my ankles and up the pant legs with bug spray- a couple of times tho i got chiggars - nasty little insects.... ticks don't bother me, as i can feel em crawling- the new thing on eastern long island are those fukin no--see-ems.... last week sitting outside, 4pm in the afternoon, beautiful day, i must have 100bites all over my body, and they fukin itch.... the bug population is getting strongenot kidding you start thinking
I’m 40degrees, very similar to spankee. Not sure what’s up with this plant. I’m afraid if I tarp it my neighbors will wonder what I’m doing. I am thinking about it though. Maybe after the sun goes down I can throw a tarp or blanket over it. Going to think seriously about that.
Are you covering for fear of rain .? Just be careful if you cover plants that are flowering because if it’s directly on them then your creating a moisture barrier underneath . Air flow is everything

lemonade

Veteran
Are you covering for fear of rain .? Just be careful if you cover plants that are flowering because if it’s directly on them then your creating a moisture barrier underneath . Air flow is everything
Covering/tarping/light dep is to induce flowering. The idea is to block out light a bit before it actually gets dark outside, to make them bloom earlier.

Of course air flow is important hehe. Nobody is suggesting just throwing a tarp overtop of a plant lol. Its a bit more involved then that. ;):)

Tonnnnnes of threads regarding light dep/tarping.:canabis:

Spankee

Covering/tarping/light dep is to induce flowering. The idea is to block out light a bit before it actually gets dark outside, to make them bloom earlier.

Of course air flow is important hehe. Nobody is suggesting just throwing a tarp overtop of a plant lol. Its a bit more involved then that. ;):)

Tonnnnnes of threads regarding light dep/tarping.:canabis:
i get The light dep. we are suppose to get dumped on with rain tonight thru wed am Calling for areas to get 4+ inches .

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Cold frame it or get some windows from Habitat or the like (recycled home building materials) and build a mini greenhouse to let her run into Fall. Take some cuttings and root them into some smaller pots, they'll probably start flowering as they root. Cooler weather will push her into Flower, then the challenge is protecting from Rain and Cold.

Good Luck @blondie !!

lemonade

Veteran
Cold frame it or get some windows from Habitat or the like (recycled home building materials) and build a mini greenhouse to let her run into Fall. Take some cuttings and root them into some smaller pots, they'll probably start flowering as they root. Cooler weather will push her into Flower, then the challenge is protecting from Rain and Cold.

Good Luck @blondie !!
Good advice! It doesn't take much to do a cold frame/ghetto greenhouse/light dep!

Check this little support I made for my cherry tomatoes! If I put a little “A” frame on the top and wrapped it, it’d be a nice lil mini house/blackout. Of course the frame would have to be wider etc for airflow but its pretty darn simple to build a little temp greenhouse frame/blackout if you have very basic 🪵carpentry🪵 skills.

Just use your imagination!👍😄

A2F06A0E-C1C1-4D92-81C7-B734C406312E.jpeg A999A492-C221-4009-9ADE-C2426CF2CECA.jpeg

Last edited:

Nannymouse

We've discovered with the veggie garden, that straw bales and old windows (best is old patio door) for cold frame. If we don't let the tomatoes climb, just one or two tiers of bales should do it. If we needed to light deprive, i'd just toss a quilt over and weight it down. Would probably work for heavy rains, but four inches in a short time, i think the entire garden would float/wash away. It'd take a hell of a good greenhouse to withstand the winds we get. But, wouldn't that be nice...a gh with all the bells and whistles.

Nice work on the cherry tomato cage. We would need a stronger version, if we were going vertical.

dillycid

I built a simple frame over a 6x5 Guawi last year and at sunset pulled black plastic over, covering 3 sides and the top. Just need to block the direct light from street lamps. neighbors porch light etc. Then at sunrise remove it. The important things are 12 hrs of darkness and that you do this every day at the same times for about 10 weeks. It's a commitment. But a pound of bud is worth it, not to mention it's KA5H!
Guawiframed.JPG

lemonade

Veteran
@dillycid

Ooh nice! Looking forward to checking out your frame! :)

Mine are in pots so I’ve been debating whether to build a frame for my MJ and add a heater or just bring em inside to finish under HID.

I have a separate room to bring em to so i’m not too worried about pests. Still very nice out so I've got plenty of time to decide.:smokey:

lemonade

Veteran
Going to pull this one in the next few days
It smells a bit of pine and burnt rubber to me
I might cob a few of the buds
All the leaves are either gone or dying so I think it's time
I don't seem to be any good at growing sativa leaves :p
View attachment 18753911 View attachment 18753912
Wow nice swollen calyxes! Looks fantastic.:p

Pine and burnt rubber eh? Interesting! I had a couple that smelled similar. Maybe with a bit of anise/liquorice hint. Maybe some motor oil/hydrocarbon too. Complex stuff for sure 😋

Last edited:

blondie

I think I may be seeing the very beginning of flower... my plant continues to do well at least.

Attachments

• 25DFA205-0453-4736-A1BA-BB673BDBC4CD.jpeg
    25DFA205-0453-4736-A1BA-BB673BDBC4CD.jpeg
    682.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 0E128774-FA38-4480-8132-C3778BAEAA26.jpeg
    0E128774-FA38-4480-8132-C3778BAEAA26.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 76834B53-EB6E-470D-B61F-0E7A9FC7531C.jpeg
    76834B53-EB6E-470D-B61F-0E7A9FC7531C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 6FEF5E2F-D4EF-4001-9C55-C046DD8DA075.jpeg
    6FEF5E2F-D4EF-4001-9C55-C046DD8DA075.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 2151BDFB-DD64-49ED-9521-7DCD02EC4DE9.jpeg
    2151BDFB-DD64-49ED-9521-7DCD02EC4DE9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71

dillycid

Ooh nice! Looking forward to checking out your frame! :)
Whipped this up today for expected storm (Hurricane/Tropical Storm Kay) due to hit N. Baja tonight. I'm not worried about her, she can handle it. Like I said before I need to light dep. It's easy to cover at night and uncover in the morning. It has to be! If it's a pain in the ass chances are I would give up and sh
HPIM3729.JPG
HPIM3731.JPG
HPIM3732.JPG
HPIM3733.JPG
HPIM3735.JPG
e would never finish properly.

Boss Cocky

Whipped this up today for expected storm (Hurricane/Tropical Storm Kay) due to hit N. Baja tonight. I'm not worried about her, she can handle it. Like I said before I need to light dep. It's easy to cover at night and uncover in the morning. It has to be! If it's a pain in the ass chances are I would give up and sh View attachment 18754372 View attachment 18754373 View attachment 18754374 View attachment 18754375 View attachment 18754376 e would never finish properly.
Nice frame. Guawi × Killer A5 sounds awesome, although I would probably do Tikal × Killer A5 to avoid the Malawi dominating too much for my tastes.

Hope things are going OK with the storm. Category 1 shouldn't be a drama. I was 50km from where the category 5 Cyclone Yasi hit the coast. That was pretty wild! Hardly any damage though, unlike where it impacted directly.

Have you considered using 90% shade cloth rather than the tarp? It seems like the airflow advantages could outweigh the inferior light blocking when you are only dealing with a bit of light pollution.

dillycid

Nice frame. Guawi × Killer A5 sounds awesome, although I would probably do Tikal × Killer A5 to avoid the Malawi dominating too much for my tastes.

Hope things are going OK with the storm. Category 1 shouldn't be a drama. I was 50km from where the category 5 Cyclone Yasi hit the coast. That was pretty wild! Hardly any damage though, unlike where it impacted directly.

Have you considered using 90% shade cloth rather than the tarp? It seems like the airflow advantages could outweigh the inferior light blocking when you are only dealing with a bit of light pollution.
Yea I had a 10 pack of Guawi regular and only one turned out to be male so I pollinated a branch each on KA5H, Bangi Haze and a very Tikal leaning pheno of Guawi. It's my first try at making seeds. Eventually I would like to cross with a Thai. I'm chasing that 2 bong load Thai high that I remember from the mid 70's Thai Sticks which, to me, nothing even comes close these days. It was in a class of it's own. I can still smell it!

dillycid

I leave the one side open not receiving any direct light and it's breezy here so air circulation is not an issue. I like the black plastic because it slides smoothly over the PVC but I never thought of shade cloth for light dep. Interesting.

RottyRzr

Glad I found this thread since Im growing ACE's KA5H right now. It's in week 4 since flip to 12/12 and grown in hydro. I have a question about what nute strength did you all find the KA5H's needed. (I'll read the entire thread later but cant right now)
I'm only feeding .8ec right now and the plant is dark green and there is some leaf clawing. Haven't seen any tip burn. Also I have my pump timer set to feed 3 times per day with some runoff (in coco).
I'm trying to give her what she needs and .8ec seems light but then again, I've never grown a haze. I know my sativa's have all wanted light nutes.
Anyway, please let me know what you all found the KA5H's like with nute strength.
PS I'm using Jacks 321 run to waste and I do give Humic/Fulvic about once or twice per week.
My meter is at the 500 scale so .8 is only 400 ppm. Hope that's enough info. If not, let me know.
Later