What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

spigolaro

Slowly it is taking the shape of a beautiful cannabis bush, today the little girl has 46 days of life in a few days final decanting and flowering.
IMG_20220829_042244.jpg
IMG_20220829_042329.jpg
IMG_20220829_042339.jpg

KenDugE

Just as much my mis-understanding. I mean 100g of flower for a Malawi, right! Anyway you said a 150 gal. bottomless bag meaning you cut the bottom out and placed on ground, isn't that in ground? I grow in 40 gal. fabric but dug a 50 gal. hole, in clay, for KA5H so to me shes in-ground but at the same time I think the clay limits root growth. My screen house is 12' x 14' and I have 7 plants (running some Guawi to) and no room to move around and I thought it funny your KA5H would take up the whole thing. Yea my Bangi has been in bloom about 12 days now. Such a stable, . I’ve been gloving up and
Just as much my mis-understanding. I mean 100g of flower for a Malawi, right! Anyway you said a 150 gal. bottomless bag meaning you cut the bottom out and placed on ground, isn't that in ground? I grow in 40 gal. fabric but dug a 50 gal. hole, in clay, for KA5H so to me shes in-ground but at the same time I think the clay limits root growth. My screen house is 12' x 14' and I have 7 plants (running some Guawi to) and no room to move around and I thought it funny your KA5H would take up the whole thing. Yea my Bangi has been in bloom about 12 days now. Such a stable, easy to grow, low maintenance strain.
I have 5 in 100gallon and 2 in 150gallon. Clay here too, but I like to think after so many years growing in the same spot that some conditioning is occurring, at least a couple inches for the roots to take hold.

My Bangi is hanging in there next to the KA5H. Getting less and less sun everyday, I just let her go feral.

Attachments

• 99E37629-EA61-4062-9330-86215513FEA5.jpeg
    99E37629-EA61-4062-9330-86215513FEA5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
  • ECF0C17D-3788-4B77-8C9F-2DCB1988A6C7.jpeg
    ECF0C17D-3788-4B77-8C9F-2DCB1988A6C7.jpeg
    934.6 KB · Views: 90

blondie

My KA5H is refusing to flower. Grrrrrr. I’m going to write off this plant I think since no possibility of it finishing. Highly disappointing. I wonder if it will eventually flower.

The one positive thing. The strong skunk smell emanating from this plant has decreased. I guess it’s still possible if this thing flowers tomorrow and is a heavy indica it might make it before the weather turns.

Attachments

• 530C38F8-2830-4D9F-8085-B571A8E41BAA.jpeg
    530C38F8-2830-4D9F-8085-B571A8E41BAA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • 9EFCC85D-2448-4A19-BEDF-5B62AC7D82E0.jpeg
    9EFCC85D-2448-4A19-BEDF-5B62AC7D82E0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • B5302B6E-C36A-454E-A198-1C01E1EA491F.jpeg
    B5302B6E-C36A-454E-A198-1C01E1EA491F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:

StickyBandit

My KA5H is refusing to flower. Grrrrrr. I’m going to write off this plant I think since no possibility of it finishing. Highly disappointing. I wonder if it will eventually flower.

The one positive thing. The strong skunk smell emanating from this plant has decreased. I guess it’s still possible if this thing flowers tomorrow and is a heavy indica it might make it before the weather turns.
Maybe you can make rope :p
I feel for ya
Maybe it will surprise you and leap into action soon... Looks pretty healthy still
They seem like hardy plants and may endure well into the autumn weather

Last edited:

lemonade

Veteran

Thats a bummer! 😩

No way you can tarp it/light dep for a bit to kick it into bloom?

Maple_Flail

Flowering outdoorsEnd of October / Early November
Lat0º-43º

what is your latitude? by the description you should start seeing flowering soon

Spankee

Flowering outdoorsEnd of October / Early November
Lat0º-43º

what is your latitude? by the description you should start seeing flowering soon
Hard to imagine early November if flowering has not commenced . Next year I’m gonna run a5 outdoors at almost 41degrees. My Panama haze has just started transition as well super Malawian haze. I have always grown mostly indicas where fear of rain in sept and oct have always caused anxiety . This is a total experiment for me this year . Normally we can have some frigid temps by November but some years mild until mid January . Been feeding potassium silicate every week to strengthen plant
Either way time will tell. Hoping for the best prepared for the worst .

Azure

I grew Golden Tigers (Malawi pheno and a Thai pheno) at 41 N and they didn't start flowering until two weeks into September and I was able to get some really good smoke from them and I think you'll get something good from you KA5H too.
here they are on September13, 2017 just finishing up stretch and you can see their progress. https://www.icmag.com/threads/panama-golden-tiger-guerrilla-grow.343242/post-11090569

Azure

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I’m similar eastern end Long Island and waiting patiently for flowering to trigger air is thick this morning like walking into a constant fart

good luck ... i grew outdoors for about 5 years in montauk- plants grew great till around sept 20th - then as the sun comes up later, the humidity increases, more moisture stays in the bud, and the 'rot' starts- every day i was cutting out more and more rot... by early/mid oct, most of the bud is gone... except for the sativa's i grew, which didn't get any rot, but didn't finish b4 the weather got cold... after 5yrs i stopped - between the ticks and the chiggars it wasn't worth the small amount of bud harvested.

Spankee

good luck ... i grew outdoors for about 5 years in montauk- plants grew great till around sept 20th - then as the sun comes up later, the humidity increases, more moisture stays in the bud, and the 'rot' starts- every day i was cutting out more and more rot... by early/mid oct, most of the bud is gone... except for the sativa's i grew, which didn't get any rot, but didn't finish b4 the weather got cold... after 5yrs i stopped - between the ticks and the chiggars it wasn't worth the small amount of bud harvested.
I have had success growing mostly indicas 15 miles from Montauk but yes some years the rain has been devastating as well as the fog but I have always managed to make it to mid oct with a healthy harvest. My sativas are barely budding so by 20th sept should be fine . Here’s a indica mostly late sept last year.
E3FBFEA0-A95B-42E9-A154-8CA6D4FDA8A4.jpeg

Spankee

Agree with you on the ticks and chiggers more so tick larvae this time of year wet grass early morning . I wear long boots and socks because I take care of swimming pools and that itching is insanity . Gives a bad case of poison ivy a run for its money. Isopropyl alcohol works well drowning those fuckers out

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Agree with you on the ticks and chiggers more so tick larvae this time of year wet grass early morning . I wear long boots and socks because I take care of swimming pools and that itching is insanity . Gives a bad case of poison ivy a run for its money. Isopropyl alcohol works well drowning those fuckers out
yeah i had (still have) a rubber yellow suit- i would spray all around my ankles and up the pant legs with bug spray- a couple of times tho i got chiggars - nasty little insects.... ticks don't bother me, as i can feel em crawling- the new thing on eastern long island are those fukin no--see-ems.... last week sitting outside, 4pm in the afternoon, beautiful day, i must have 100bites all over my body, and they fukin itch.... the bug population is getting stronger

blondie

I’m 40degrees, very similar to spankee. Not sure what’s up with this plant. I’m afraid if I tarp it my neighbors will wonder what I’m doing. I am thinking about it though. Maybe after the sun goes down I can throw a tarp or blanket over it. Going to think seriously about that.

Latest posts

Latest posts