What's new

Killer A5 Haze

Cheech87

Nice! Enjoy the Educational Journey, when working with plants and biology it will be never ending!

I’m personally not a fan of cal/mag due to the “calcium Nitrate” Imo nitrates are to be avoided. Excess nitrates are very hard for the plants to covert. Nitrates grow plants with lush green weak growth that under a microscope the cells are so weak the ooze. Nitrogen in the form of Nitrates increases the plants need to uptake water and the plant now has to spend 60% of its energy to try to convert it. Plants with high nitrates are a calling card for sucking insects like caterpillars, aphids and white flies. The plant has to convert its nitrogen to the “amino acid sugar fraction”, ammonium nitrogen would be the better option ie less converting in the plant, next best is urea, next best is amino acid nitrogen that requires very little plant energy to convert, fish is already in the form of amino acid also lots of new nitrogen products coming out in that form now. But also Nitrogen is constantly changing in cool wet soil will drive nitrate conversion , warm soil will drive ammonium conversion. Nitrate has a vegative effect and ammonium has a reproductive effect.

I’m a regen farmer by trade, so I live in soil and plant health thoughts, I’ve learned how to grow crops with zero pesticides and fungicides, this is one of the keys,in my other crops most pest and disease can be stopped completely by doing everything to avoid nitrate and focus on calcium instead. For calcium we use lime only if ph is low, otherwise gypsum (calcium sulfate) for magnesium epsom salt ( magnesium sulfate)

With that said I do notice that cannabis can tolerate some nitrates fine, more than my vegetable crops that I figure is because it’s a pioneering plant nature uses for bio remediation prior to the next succession of species

I’m just rambling, TMI, wrong place for this, Good luck! I’m sure that A5 is going to smoke great!
Thank you for this information, very kind of you.
I will put a little more effort into it have to work more precisely with the nutrients

I'll wait a bit if there is no change I will repot or flush the plant

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi My good Haze Lovers,

Some pics + my comments of KA5H grown last fall indoor, 2 pheno's fully manicured, dryed, bag+jar cured.

#1 smells/taste complex flowery/decay flower + leathery/livery deep body and orange/citrus notes.
#1 Smoke is deep loud full and white taste is a splendide & complex mix of incense, leather, meaty livery after notes flowery woody with orange/citrus +notes. Just Beautifull and Sooooo addictive :)
#1 is cleary my fave, some reminishing tastes of some great neville's haze! TOP OF THE SHELF

#2 smells the real cat piss, resins earthy greeny Malawi/haze, smoke is deep & white taste is earthy and woody and more malawi remisniscent. Still Beautiful!!

These 2 are some real Killers like the name suggest, smoke is SO Strong! few tokes are enough to get a full straight kick, long lasting heady and psychedelic fx for 3/4 hours and introspective ending landing.
#2 is even stronger than #1, After FX of #2 are much more darker stoony body than #1.

View attachment 18960902

View attachment 18960901

Again Respect due to the breeder and strain preservator @dubi and @Yo Sammy for this spendide and brilliant polyhybrid, Some Real & Serious smoke. Give tanx!

Blessings to all,

Jahno

Excellent outcome @JAHNODUB :) Glad Killer A5 Haze delivers as described!
I was seriously impressed with your flowers at the end of flowering, and the cured outcome did not deceive.
Enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So is that normal that the leaves hang so much at the top for a Sativa of this type.
Or do I have a problem with my plant if anyone here sees what it could be please let me know
now I have a 15 l pot could repot to 25l still
Temp day:25 night temp:20
Ph6.2

View attachment 18960406 View attachment 18960407 View attachment 18960408

Hi @Cheech87 usually such curling with dark colored leaves is a sign of excess of nitrogen. Lower down a bit the N in your feedings, and if you are in soil correct ph up to 6.5-6.8. As @BurntBacon pointed out, the plant later absorbs the excess as it grows larger and requires more nutrients. However, it's better to correct it at this point.

Cheech87

Hi @Cheech87 usually such curling with dark colored leaves is a sign of excess of nitrogen. Lower down a bit the N in your feedings, and if you are in soil correct ph up to 6.5-6.8. As @BurntBacon pointed out, the plant later absorbs the excess as it grows larger and requires more nutrients. However, it's better to correct it at this point.
Ok will do everything today first ph higher with a bit of drainage
Then wait 2 days if there is no change I will put her in a bigger pot I don't really want to mess with fertilizer with her.
Thanks for the nice advice
I was confused because the lower leaves are yellow which actually indicates N deficiency.
you always learn something new
Thanks a lot

Nextgeneration73

I have grown out Malawi (50% parent of KA5) as regular beans. The only plant I would describe as having been loud (it was very loud, in fact) was a fruity pheno that when touched gave off a powerful scent of garden flowers, like you have walked into a florist's store full of freshly cut posies. I never worried about that plant drawing attention to the grow because it didn't have anything like a classical cannabis odor.

I would describe the other 5 female Malawi as having had a low level, relatively benign odor that was very easy to manage.

Peace
Did any of the Malawi plants smell a bit during veg or preflowering?

Last edited:

blondie

Finally chopped my remaining ka5h at about 16 1/2 weeks!! It started foxtailing quite intensely as time went on. I processed today and found five bonus seeds so far. Not sure this plant went herm or someone else. I pulled a quart mason jar full of buds at about week 12 so can do a comparison. Looking forward to this lovely ladies fine vape effects..

Attachments

• DB3FC195-0832-448A-A97D-994462E93056.jpeg
    DB3FC195-0832-448A-A97D-994462E93056.jpeg
    808.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 515B1D30-874E-431A-9B07-D43268A61E83.jpeg
    515B1D30-874E-431A-9B07-D43268A61E83.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • 3D87F93F-E7C4-4C3E-BC24-5F42B98F31EC.jpeg
    3D87F93F-E7C4-4C3E-BC24-5F42B98F31EC.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 92

badass-eu

Hello ICMAG community, here I am for an update, we are almost at 6 weeks since the appearance of the pistils in these photos, I have difficulty removing these claws but she is still progressing, she has even used up a leaf 🧐would she be hungry ?That wouldn't be surprising, right? I raised the lights two days ago just in case
Places for photos 😉
IMG20240222193445.jpg
IMG20240222193459.jpg
IMG20240222193528.jpg
IMG20240222193539.jpg
IMG20240222193546.jpg
IMG20240222193748.jpg
IMG20240222193753.jpg
IMG20240222193816.jpg

FeelHaze

Hello ICMAG community, here I am for an update, we are almost at 6 weeks since the appearance of the pistils in these photos, I have difficulty removing these claws but she is still progressing, she has even used up a leaf 🧐would she be hungry ?That wouldn't be surprising, right? I raised the lights two days ago just in case
Places for photos 😉 View attachment 18963275 View attachment 18963304 View attachment 18963306 View attachment 18963307 View attachment 18963308 View attachment 18963309 View attachment 18963310 View attachment 18963311
Yeah boy nice plants !

Be carefull with feeding. I'm pretty sure have a bit of N toxicity, which delay flowering and also cause lockouts, the plant having difficulty/being unable to proprely take up P K and micronutrients.

Last edited:

Legalcdn

So is that normal that the leaves hang so much at the top for a Sativa of this type.
Or do I have a problem with my plant if anyone here sees what it could be please let me know
now I have a 15 l pot could repot to 25l still
Temp day:25 night temp:20
Ph6.2

View attachment 18960406 View attachment 18960407 View attachment 18960408
Don't forget to pull the tall branches under scrog and get them growing horizontal until stretch is almost finished. Better distribution of light.

FeelHaze

Did any of the Malawi plants smell a bit during veg or preflowering?
I have one in my tent right now and it is the less odorant of my 3 plants. Still, it does smell, like most (if not all) cannabis plants do, even during veg. The smell of my KA5H is more present and does have skunky/spicy notes to it.

To give you a better idea, my 3 young plants can stink up the whole basement when I open the tent more than a couple minutes and wifey notice it from upstairs.

Cheech87

Don't forget to pull the tall branches under scrog and get them growing horizontal until stretch is almost finished. Better distribution of light.
So I had a lot of worries and almost went crazy about what it could be my plant was all yellow leaves hanging and it was due to the light had 1300 ppfd at the tips of the plant which in my opinion is too much I tuned it down to 800 and it seems to be recovering but slowly I unfortunately made this mistake at a very important point of the flowering hope the plant recovers

Of course I flushed the plant and increased the ph level as recommended but after a few days repotting no real change now that I have dimmed the light it has reacted positively but looks terrible I am ashamed to show it 😅

Attachments

• 20240223_064233.jpg
    20240223_064233.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Places for photos 😉 View attachment 18963275 View attachment 18963304 View attachment 18963306 View attachment 18963307 View attachment 18963308 View attachment 18963309 View attachment 18963310 View attachment 18963311
Yeah boy nice plants !

Be carefull with feeding. I'm pretty sure have a bit of N toxicity, which delay flowering and also cause lockouts, the plant having difficulty/being unable to proprely take up P K and micronutrients.

Hi @badass-eu as @FeelHaze correctly pointed out, your plant is clearly showing signs of N toxicity (burn tips, leaves curling down, very dark color), so flush with straight water in correct ph a couple of waterings and see how she reacts.

Congrats on your harvest @blondie ;)

Roost

Hey folks, dropping a quick update on the Killer A5 Haze. She is currently on day 55 of flowering and developing an intense aroma of oily/woody/incense aromas with a smack in the face of sulfur/propane that someone mentioned earlier in this thread. She is starting to put on frost, especially the sugar leaves. The budsites are dense and sticky and I believe she is only about half way through flowering. I'm excited for this one to finish up.

Haze1-F55.jpeg

Attachments

• Haze5-F55.jpeg
    Haze5-F55.jpeg
    405.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Haze4-F55.jpeg
    Haze4-F55.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Haze3-F55.jpeg
    Haze3-F55.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Haze2-F55.jpeg
    Haze2-F55.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 61

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update and for your support @Roost :yes: "Glad the garden smells intensely of incense. She hasn't even reached mid-flowering yet. Is the yellowing cola closer to the light actually yellowish, or is it just the photo? Does it appear more yellow than the rest of the plant?

Roost

Thanks for the update and for your support @Roost :yes: "Glad the garden smells intensely of incense. She hasn't even reached mid-flowering yet. Is the yellowing cola closer to the light actually yellowish, or is it just the photo? Does it appear more yellow than the rest of the plant?
Thanks for the heads up @dubi . I assumed she was about half way done already, but I guess not! I for sure made a mistake and flipped too late and she took over my flowering tent. I’m going to the store this week to get different hooks for my lights so I can raise them. I think I have about 8inches that I can raise them more.

It’s just the photo that makes it look yellow. Bad camera on my phone and the lighting and I Tried to take some pics real quick before the lights turned off. I did have one cola in the back(can’t see in pic) that started showing some defiencies, but I topped dress two weeks ago and it has bounced back. Going to start doing a light top dressing every 2-3 weeks to stay ahead of things.

Cheech87

Here is my plant again slowly it comes back repotting has done it good well now I don't dare to fertilize anymore 😅
The new soil should last for another 5 weeks without fertilizing.
So far still no smell when rubbing it smells of wood leather otherwise no other smells noticed but am still early in flowering.

Attachments

• 20240227_064512.jpg
    20240227_064512.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 20240227_064506.jpg
    20240227_064506.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58

badass-eu

Hello ICMAG community, here I am again with KA5H! We are reaching seven weeks since the appearance of the pistils.
Well I had trouble raising the PH, it's still scratching but it's progressing it looks like ten weeks but let's see🧐 in terms of smell it was clearly very fleshy incense and a fruity touch has just appeared it's crazy like this combo speaks to me but I can't put the name... time for the photos (more natural color perhaps)
IMG_20240302_204151.jpg
IMG_20240302_204539.jpg
IMG_20240302_210134.jpg
IMG_20240302_210205.jpg
IMG_20240302_210331.jpg
IMG20240302195856.jpg
IMG20240302195902.jpg
IMG20240302195923.jpg
IMG20240302195927.jpg
IMG_20240302_204421.jpg