What's new

~[Kief Junkie & Q.K.] 250w Organic Soil NGB style MediCab (perpetual, var. strains)~

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
#1cheese: Danke! Appreciate your company.

Bork: Thanks for stopping in and dropping some kind words friend.

K.J

Veteran
All is well on day 39 (Pure) and 19 (Kali Mist) in flower. The Pure girls really seem to have enjoyed the tea I gave them last watering (LK, EWC high N guano and molasses in the mix). They've fattened up a bit and are putting on my trich's. The Kali Mist girl has beefed up quite a bit too and has trich's even on her fattest fan leaves! The yellowing did seem to slow a tad on the Pure girls after the tea, so I think I'll continue to give it to them for the next few watering's at least.

The clones on the other hand are another story. The good news is that one looks to have taken root...the fan leaves shot up towards the light the other day, which tells me the roots finally set in and started feeding the plant. But the other clones are just not looking good at all. I'll take a pic to show you how sorry they are, but I think I'm going to cull them next watering. Oh well, as long as we have 1 that thrives, we can just take more clones! I love the Pure and would like to keep it around.

So now we have to choose some seeds to sprout, or go get a few more clones. I think I'll go look through our seed collection, small as it is.

:joint:

Pics to come in the next few days!

Masterlow

Looking forward to the pics KJ. I find with my pures that they suck up the N like a hoover, even with a soil ammended with ewc, i have to start with the N teas at about the the 3rd week of veg or they start yellowing out. Where they medium to heavy feeders in veg? or is it just in flowering that you've noticed the deficiency?

K.J

Veteran
Looking forward to the pics KJ. I find with my pures that they suck up the N like a hoover, even with a soil ammended with ewc, i have to start with the N teas at about the the 3rd week of veg or they start yellowing out. Where they medium to heavy feeders in veg? or is it just in flowering that you've noticed the deficiency?

They didn't seem to be heavy feeders until about 15-20 days into flower, which is when the yellowing took off. My intention is to feed them nothing and let them get it all from the soil, and that's worked fairly well so far in all of my grows, but it seems that the Pure's need a little extra N. Thanks for the corroboration, I'll keep feeding them the tea for a while and give them what they seem to be asking for.

Mmmm....I think I see your clone problem...

picture.php

Where are the bud sites? I've never seen a clone with just fan leaves before.

Don't think that will work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please!

K.J

Veteran
Hey Bork! Well, I very well could be a moron when it comes to clones, I'll admit that right up front. From what I understand, it's best to take clones in veg. You can take them during flower, like I did, but the earlier the better. And from what I understood, you want to remove the flowers to help push it back to veg. But maybe that's a mistake? Can someone enlighten this newb, because all but one of my clones is long gone...and this last one might not survive either!

K.J

Veteran
Day 43 (Pure) and 23 (Kali) in flower; pic update!

Day 43 (Pure) and 23 (Kali) in flower; pic update!

Things are coming along smoothly in the flower room. The addition of high N guano teas during watering really helped slow the yellowing. It's to the point where I might do one more tea watering (watered yesterday with just LK, EWC and molasses) before harvest. I checked the breeders info on this strain again and according to them it's a 56 day strain, not a 65 like I had thought. So really the yellowing isn't out of character for the time of "season" in our cab.

There are a few spots appearing on some of the fans, but I'm not going to worry about those either as it's sparse and seems appropriate for this stage of the grow.

The Kali Mist girl is looking real, real good. She's nearly as tall as the tall Pure pheno, and she's frosty! Check it out in the pics....you can see trich's on the larger fan leaves even.

As for the clones, well, only one is still alive and she's looking pretty shabby. I didn't snap a photo, but I will next time if she's still alive. For now it isn't a problem just to keep watering her and seeing where she goes, but as soon as I decide I need more for the flower chamber, I'll either chuck her and pop some new beans, or go pick up a few fresh clones.

On to the pics. I decided to do a few close-ups this time instead of full plant shots. Hope ya'll don't mind.

Day 43 in flower - indica pheno; (Pure) (3 23 10)

picture.php

Day 43 in flower - runt pheno; (Pure) (3 23 10)

picture.php

Day 43 in flower - tall pheno; (Pure) (3 23 10)

picture.php

Day 23 in flower; (Kali Mist) (3 23 10)

picture.php

StonedSoul-dier

DAMN KJ!!! I would say from the looks of things that you are really starting to get your cab dialed in. I love the way the Kali Mist looks too, can't wait to see how your harvest ends up. Good luck with the clone.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey k.j the buds look great! - that cali mist is gonna be awesome! got a pack of them waiting myself :D

with the clones you need to leave the growing tip on whether it's flowering or not. when they are in flower take clones from as low down the plant as possible. those weak lower branches that you are supposed to remove in early flowering are the perfect ones for clones if you were lazy and never got round to removing them ;)

cheers

VG.

K.J

Veteran
hey k.j the buds look great! - that cali mist is gonna be awesome! got a pack of them waiting myself :D

What ya waiting for? Oh, nevermind, you have more than you can handle!

with the clones you need to leave the growing tip on whether it's flowering or not. when they are in flower take clones from as low down the plant as possible. those weak lower branches that you are supposed to remove in early flowering are the perfect ones for clones if you were lazy and never got round to removing them ;)

Ok, so I totally F'd these ones up then by cutting the flowers off...doh! Newb failure duly noted and learned from. :joint:

There actually aren't any weak branches now...we cut them all off already and used a few for clones. lol

Great advice, thanks for stopping in Verdant!

K.J

Veteran
DAMN KJ!!! I would say from the looks of things that you are really starting to get your cab dialed in. I love the way the Kali Mist looks too, can't wait to see how your harvest ends up. Good luck with the clone.

Thank you sir! It seems like the Kali is everyone's favorite this time around. It sure is one of mine (the indica Pure pheno being my other fave at the moment). Good to have your company.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey no worries KJ :) - i would try and get a clone from that Kali mist though if you can - dont worry if there is a bud on the end - it should still root but just take longer.

VG

U

unthing

Don't they have sideshoots? Hard to tell from the pic. Because in that case I fail to see why they couldn't be used.

Last edited:

K.J

Veteran
CheeseBuds: Eye candy indeed! Pretty soon to be lung candy. lol

Masterlow: Wipe the slobber from your chin, man! I try not to slobber on them when I'm down gazing upon their infinite beauty.

Verdant: I'd love to have a clone of her, but I'm not sure there are any good ones to take. There really aren't any sideshoots to trim. I'll have to take a gander when I water today.

unthing: Sideshoots on the clones? I'm not sure I understand the question. Welcome to our journal, btw!

U

unthing

Hi

Quess I said it bit confusingly, but can't tell from the pics, did you remove all the flowering growing tips from the cuts or just the main tip? I mean that if you didn't they might have chance of survival, but as people have said you should try to take more clones.

K.J

Veteran
Hi

Quess I said it bit confusingly, but can't tell from the pics, did you remove all the flowering growing tips from the cuts or just the main tip? I mean that if you didn't they might have chance of survival, but as people have said you should try to take more clones.

Yeah, unfortunately I did remove all the growing tips, because somehow I thought that's what I was supposed to do. lol. I studied up before I took them, but I guess I confused some of the info I studied. I will take clones again, but not from these ladies. They're too far along to go destroying parts of them (only a few more weeks until harvest for the Pure's!).

U

unthing

Ok, well there's always chance of micropropagation but that's like ultra advanced..just kidding, next time you'll know what to do. Budding plants looking good.

Latest posts

Latest posts