What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kids Can't Tell Time Anymore On Analog Clocks!

green404

I knew an old guy that ran a business he still had a rotary phone, a few years back some kids came in and asked if they could use the phone. He "sure" and pointed to the phone, the kids went over there and stared at it... then ask "how to you use it ?"

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
They need to teach seniors in high school how to change a flat tire. :D

Step#1...tell them there's a spare tire hidden on the vehicle.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Oh don't get me started. I bartend from time to time. The early 20 something crowd print their names as schools quit cursive writing. Imagine not having a signature??

The DJ laptop took a dive so while someone ran to get another one he asked anyone have CDs in their car? Crickets. We found a few and the kids gave s shit like mad. Ha wtf.

I have a bulovia my wife gave me when we got married. I removed the battery and it says 4:20 all the time. I'll check my phone if I need the time lol.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old guy here, love that Constatin Vacheron..........for dinner a show etc, my 18k Geneva made in the year I was born more than 60 years ago is a great watch that's thinny thin thin....the rolex, well, don't wear it anymore.....just don't.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
You’re dreaming dude..

You’re dreaming dude..

Old people can't even use a basic GUI wtf

Ask anyone over 30 what a for loop is, all you get is blank faces

If/else forgot about it, don't even try

How does my printer work?

Is it plugged in?

I'm tired of old people thinking that cause they're older that they're smarter. If anything they're just more aware how much they don't know. Which is a lot

I think I’m old, I’m 63...

Yes I know what a loop is.
I ported X-Windows to Xenix, look it up.
I can make change in my head.
I know how to use Calculus, and imitate it.
I’ll fix your printer if you need help.

Worked on ARPNET and Yellow pages for NASA before you were born. (That’s before WWW)

You should really look inward at yourself.

What great things are you going to do in your life?

:party:

iTarzan

We need people of all ages to be the best world we can be.

"WE ALL HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO! WE ALL HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO!"

oldchuck

Veteran
I'm tired of old people thinking that cause they're older that they're smarter. If anything they're just more aware how much they don't know. Which is a lot

I don't think most of us older people think we are smarter than youth. The older you get the more you are aware of the fact that the younger generation are gradually taking over and we need them more and more. What we do have in much greater volume is experience. That can be useful even to my grandchildren

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who else is going to cover your government benefits.

I see both sides. Technology changes, some adapt, some do not. I learn things from a friend over 50 that people my own age have known for years. Only picked up a smart phone in the past few years. Disturbing how they meld into your life.

Now get off my God dang lawn.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
It’s genetic..

It’s genetic..

Just the facts ...If you’re average then 1/2 the people are smarter than you and 1/2 the people are stupider than you. Think about it.

If you are in the 90th percentile, you might be a Doctor or a Banker or a pothead.

Where I live most old people are very smart.

Most youngsters don’t impress me. (Sheeple)

It takes more than just brains, you need to be able to use your intellect. Make decisions based on the facts.

St. Phatty

Have heard it said that watches , are no longer as popular with young people as they had been.

I haven't worn a watch for a long time.

I think it's good to have one in your wardrobe in case you need to dress the part sometime.

Everything around us has the digital time. When I get up in the morning I might have done at least 10 different market checks on different markets. Each of them has a time-stamp.

By the time I go out to do work, I'm sick of time information, and have no desire to look at a clock or watch.

I notice if I have a time deadline during the day, I end up looking at my cell phone which again has digital time.

But Jeez the clock with 12 marks in a circle.

That might look familiar to some cat lovers, who have experienced the painful pleasure of getting a full bite from a favorite cat. They have 6 teeth top and bottom, or that's the way it looked.

The time that happened, it was a kitten and I was wearing leather gloves. She found the one spot on the gloves that didn't have leather and just nailed the back of my hand.

When I took the glove off it looked just like an old fashioned clock, except with 12 red bloody dots, dripping blood, in a circle, instead of black marks. :woohoo:

Love at first bite :peacock:

She ended up being an outdoor cat. Named her Irma, after the hurricane. We had a mountain lion eating pets and chickens a few weeks ago. Not sure if she made it yet. I saw a cat that looked like her, though a bit bedraggled.

Gry

Veteran
When I see people walking around looking down at their cell phones, I am left with sorrow in my heart.
If they only knew how much better they would look walking around with a cat on their shoulders whispering in their ear.