What's new

Khaleel with a side of T5's, smothered in a sea of green

K

khaleel

Hello all! Welcome to my thread. For those of you that know me, I have kept around the Super Ice and Chrystal (nirvana) from my last grow, but i also have a Jack Herrer (allegedly - it was a friend's bagseed but i never saw the bud myself lol) a few weeks in bloom already, along with four bella donna seeds gifted by a friend of mine that just went in the medium this morning (they are from holland, though i'm not sure yet which seed co. - i'll find out and add it later).

let's see, for veg i'm using a Sunleaves Comet 200watt compact fluorescent, for bloom a Sunleaves Pioneer IV w/ four T5's and an additional strip light with two regular old T12's from home depot.

water comes from the tap into a brita filtered pitcher, then into a five gallon bucket with a air pump to oxygenate prior to feeding.

the nutes i'll be using:

biogrow, two part organic system. Dr. hornsby's BigBug after week two of bloom until the flush, and a tablespoon of Grandma's molasses per gallon, all the way through bloom. for the clones i'm using sensi1 grow at 1/4 strength. i tried using the organic, but it rots up too quick. i actually lost a good deal of clones from not knowing. so be careful if you put organic nutes into a floating clone tray! (gee organic liquid in a standing tray with no circulation and a heating pad under it, who would've thought haha)

for CO2, i keep it simple, co2boost organic pump. one bucket every three months, $100 a piece.

all plants will undergo a few weeks of LST prior to hitting bloom, in order to fill out the canopy with just three plants per tray. works pretty well.

here's a couple pics of the setup, and where i am right now:

the closet is 8'x8'x2', a little longer on the bloom side than the veg side:

my super ghetto intake/exhaust system:

the veg room:

consisting of Super Ice

and Chrystal

and a soon-to-be mama Chrystal

the cloning tray, Sunleaves floating system

and the bloom room:

yes, the ones in the middle are further along and should be on one end or another... there's a method to my madness, i promise. i order to utilize the floro. strip light with the Jack Herrer (i want it to get the most light), this is the arrangement for right now. and the tray on the right had to go in sooner than i would have liked, but once the process is in full swing the veg's coming to bloom will be more lush. bear with me. :smoke:

Alright, i think that's about it. let me know if i forgot anything. And to give you a taste of what these T5's can do, here's some pics of the past few harvests:

Super Ice, right after manicure:

and Chrystal, just before coming down:

the sea of green is a new technique for me. i was doing lst'd single plants...

super ice

and chrystal

i loved it, but i'm ready to try something different.

thanks for checking out my thread, hope to see you stick around! :canabis:

K

khaleel

forgot about the soil. sunbeam (its "sun-something") IV indoor mix, from the hydro store, with added perlite to about a 65/35 soil/perlite blend.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright K? :wave: Just tagging this new thread mate :lurk:. How's that CO2 Boost work? Is it a yeast solution? Sounds interesting. I'd consider getting something like that but my exhaust would just suck it all away quick smart I guess.

I Like those Biobizz nutes too - I used them for my last run, good yield and some tasty buds. Good luck with your sog, it's something I'll be trying soon (fingers crossed).

Happy Holidays!

steve green

that chrystal pic so is nice :joint:
i see your using co2 in a bucket. could you fill me in on it? has it been worth paying 100$ ? never really got into adding co2 -am intrested though..most ive done is just lil homehade co2 in pop bottles with baking soda and vinegar.
anyway good luck khaleel
Happy Holidays-safe growing
steve :wave:

chaingmai

Nice set up man , i caught the tail end of your last thread , so now i am gonna get on board early for this one. I was gonna say nice looking flowers for a flo grow but those are nice looking for even a HPS setup. Very resinous.

K

khaleel

dre86: thank you sir. :wave:

sammett: great to see you here! good to hear the nutes are ok. the co2 is pretty interesting. i saw it online, and they happened to have it at the hydro store. here's a link: co2boost

in a small enough space, i think it does help. i didn't get the chance to do a control grow without the co2 prior to starting it up, but i remember when i did turn it on there was a significant amount of new growth relative to the first few days. and shit, that's only 7 additional grams every two-three months in order to be worth it. think its a no-brainer for a small grow (i have an intake into each side of the closet, and an exhaust from the bloom side directly into the veg side... the veg side isn't as sealed/air tight as the bloom side and the air can escape as new air comes in; it works out nicely in balancing the temps and containing the co2, while at the same time having fresh air intake on both sides).

Stevegreen: thanks for the compliments! (see above link for co2 info.) that particular chrystal plant was my favorite cannabis ever lol, at least to this point. a beautiful plant, eh why not here's a couple more pics:

chaingmai: :wave: hello again, i recognize your username for sure. thank you much for the compliments, i have been completely satisfied with my floro-grown bud. i have one of the best med dealers in town, but haven't had to see him in quite a while. lol glad to have you aboard, hopefully this thread will be as fun as the last one. great buds btw :rasta:

G

looks great khaleel! simple but extremely effective setup by the loks of it.

K

khaleel

irishSoCo said:
looks great khaleel! simple but extremely effective setup by the loks of it.

thank you kindly, my friend :respect:

get the basics down, give 'em attention and good vibes, and let mother nature do her thing, that's my theory. lol :canabis:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well you had me convinced Khaleel, I had a look around to buy one but it seems they don't sell them outside of the US and Canada. :puppydoge

I'll just have to make do with good ol' fresh air. :rolleyes:

M

mallyone

It's funny how much people put down t5's. When I first started looking at lighting, the t5's got me pretty excited, low wattage, low heat ... but everyone I asked would say they weren't worth it.

Seeing your buds makes me wish I had picked up a small t5 system, would have been cheaper than the system I'm planning (wonder if I'll ever get from planning to doing? :)), and I wouldn't be budfree right now.

You know what, I'm inspired... I'm going to go pop some random seeds into water right now and get them vegging under a couple cfls, I know if I don't, the procrastination monster will get me and I'll be bud free for longer :).

Thanks for the pics and inspiration Khaleel :).

m1...

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
great thread k. i too have been considering t5s for my veg/clone chamber. its seems to me that if they put out enough light for a solid bloom,then they should suffice for a good size veg operation. i run 2 1k sunmasters in bloom right now so i cant really afford another h.i.d. i will be around this thread digging for hints.

Sleepy

Veteran
nice work, khaleel!!

mian that is some crystally buds...nice manicure on those flowers! :rasta:

K

khaleel

Sleepy: :respect: a pleasure to have you stop by, thanks for the kind words!

rob547: glad to see you here my friend!

swampdank: welcome aboard! even just getting a strip/shop light in the bottom of your room will help harden up the lower nugs, it really does help and doesn't noticeably raise temps or electric costs. good stuff.

mallyone: to inspire is divine, and to spread the love of growing a blessing. glad to hear you are ready to roll. remember security is number one, be safe and grow free!

sammet: too bad. would they ship you one? doesn't seem it would be illegal, you can use them on any plant...

thanks again everyone for the encouragement, i'll do what i can to make it a fun thread. like spontaneously breaking into haiku:

Floro for the veg,
T5's rocking in the bloom;
Keep it simple man.

:dueling: hope all is well!

M

mallyone

Alas Khaleel, inpsiration took a left turn and it ended up being a batch of ISO instead :). The beans I have right now are bagseed and I don't think I can handle any more intersexed plants seeding the rest of the beauties. I'm going to need some solid gentics before I go further :). So I'm still inspired, but inspired to GREATNESS instead of MEDIOCRE-NESS :).

m1...

chaingmai

swampdank said:
great thread k. i too have been considering t5s for my veg/clone chamber. its seems to me that if they put out enough light for a solid bloom,then they should suffice for a good size veg operation. i run 2 1k sunmasters in bloom right now so i cant really afford another h.i.d. i will be around this thread digging for hints.

yeh man they work perfect for veg,especially if you are running a perpetual set up. The t-5s will have your veggies huge by the time your ready to put them to flower.

hazy

Veteran
hey Khaleel, thought i'd pop into your new thread and say hi.
i see lots of clones.

K

khaleel

mallyone said:
Alas Khaleel, inpsiration took a left turn and it ended up being a batch of ISO instead :). The beans I have right now are bagseed and I don't think I can handle any more intersexed plants seeding the rest of the beauties. I'm going to need some solid gentics before I go further :). So I'm still inspired, but inspired to GREATNESS instead of MEDIOCRE-NESS :).

m1...

hmm... intersexed plants seeding the rest? if you just mean culling the males out of a group of seeds you can do it. you just have to do it once, is the good news, then keep some clones in your veg room and never worry about males again!

when you order from buydutchseeds.com they ship the seeds tucked in something else, like a pair of gloves. idk its still a security risk, but we can only do what we can to minimize it. either way hope you stick around, and good luck!

hazy: good to see you here my friend! :wave:

M

mallyone

khaleel said:
hmm... intersexed plants seeding the rest? if you just mean culling the males out of a group of seeds you can do it. you just have to do it once, is the good news, then keep some clones in your veg room and never worry about males again!

It was just that this summer was my first grow, coco, outdoor, LST'd. One of the earliest, sativa like one went inter-sexed and think I might have culled too late as I was finding a few seeds in the other girls(ish) and calyxes were grinding up almost a bit woody, so I think they were in the early stages of developing seeds. Also, approx. 0 amber triches :(.

Anyways, that's my sob story :) I'll be ordering from within the country (canada) to a friends address when the time comes (hopefully soon) so things should be a.o.k :)

Hope you don't mind, included a pic of the young girl-guy :( was a sad day...

So I'm going to live vicariously through icmag grows like your own until I can jump on that bike again :).

gl, m1...

p.s. There's a possibility someone in the neighborhood is a dirty pothead too who might have had some males out and then nature had her way with my ladies... shameful sexual plants!!!! :)

Last edited: