What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KERALA

Hi all am planning to go to kerala in january to check out the cannabis scene in that part of the world.I was going to go to north india and nepal but i have been told by someone in the know the the best cannabis in india comes from kerala.I have read threw the india thread on here and a few sites on the net about cannabis in kerala but cant find any up to date information.I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me out.my budget for the trip is £900 a month i plan on being there at least 3 months min 6 months max so if u have any info on kerala please post in the thread thanks an all the best.RESIN SEEKER

J

jaded1

Good choice resinseeker!!Have never been but the best import i ever smoked came from there.have read somewhere that you can get sensi out there just cant remember the name of the area,know it's somewhere in southern india.Would love to try some indian sensi hash!!

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
munnar (sp?) thekkadi, if you care to traverse the tea plantations:D

by the coast poovar, trivandrum, kochi on up to goa... you should find what you seek... and with 1.4 lakhs Rs per month to spend, you should be fine....

Last edited:
great finally someone i can get first hand info from so some questions for ya mate hope u dont mind? will £900 be enough per month?is it hard to find the cannabis growing?were would u say the best cannabis was out of all the places u mention?all the best.RESIN SEEKER

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
well my calculation was a lil off... i stated earlier that you would have 1.4 lakhs (Rs140,000) when in actuality you'll have roughly Rs70,000 per month... i don't know how ritzy or frugal you travel, but for me this would of been more than enough... it is a bit harder to find cannabis growing in southern india, but that's also because it is a bit more underground in the south compared to the north... but it is around! best spots to ask would be the lil fruit/vegetable stands, and also the tea/coffee stands found EVERYWHERE in India... try to find the ones where you see a lot of younger fellows buying loose cigs and congregating with their buddies for an afternoon tea and smoke. oh, and herbs is strictly called "ganja" in the south... regardless of whether it's karnataka, andra, tamil nadu, or kerala.... my favorite spot in the south would be Pondicherry in TN (about a 100 or so miles south of Chennai) but that was due to the large numbers of hippie folks living there, and so the herbs were of better grown quality! the good strains are still found all over though, perhaps growing methods/curing are the only reasons for me choosing Pondicherry as my favorite, but in reality you should have no troubles collecting (label all of them) beans as you travel along... have fun and be safe

once again mate thanks.i might not spend all the £900 but since its my first time i want to bring a little extra "just incase" as u know things can and do go wrong so a safety net helps.am just happy to stay in a budget hotel have three gd meals a day plus some snacks and plenty of water as i dont drink alcohol.am planning on going to munnar as i have been told the best comes from there an then tamil nadu.can u suggest somewere in tamil nadu for me?all the best.RESIN SEEKER

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
once again mate thanks.i might not spend all the £900 but since its my first time i want to bring a little extra "just incase" as u know things can and do go wrong so a safety net helps.am just happy to stay in a budget hotel have three gd meals a day plus some snacks and plenty of water as i dont drink alcohol.am planning on going to munnar as i have been told the best comes from there an then tamil nadu.can u suggest somewere in tamil nadu for me?all the best.RESIN SEEKER

I did... In my previous post.

Words of encouragement...

... some folks think the destination is the trip, well my friend the "trip" should be the destination..... :D

L

levant

I picked up some nice green In Trivandrum, Kovalam beach is very nice as long as you remember its a tourist area not the hardcore kerala.

You can also buy handrubbed charas there but I don't know if this is local or from North India, anyone know?
If I remember right it was about 10x the price of green, and more illigal, getting caught with hash is worse than weed in India, not that any police bothered me.

If its your first time in India you will be amazed by the politeness and hospitality of the locals.

This is a very nice hotel with excellent food:

http://www.kovalam.com/Moonlight/index.htm

B

buddymate

when I first went to India 20 years ago I spent £1700 in a full year,that included two internal flights,if you get the chance must visit places are Pushkar,Leh,Jaisalmer,varanasi,Agra,the list is endless,great place,great people,enjoy your trip :santa1:

Dkgrower

Veteran
Have newer been to kerela but i have a feind in new dehli that has what must define kerela weed, proberly the best grown out tropical sativa i have ever seen, beats all what i have seen in south east asia.

i know that there is some old hippy spots in the kerela foothills where they grow this, my indian freind gets his from some old french woman that lives there, stallar foxtails loaded with trichomes

Also Tamil Nadu is the largest cannabis-producing state in India

I picked up some nice green In Trivandrum, Kovalam beach is very nice as long as you remember its a tourist area not the hardcore kerala.

You can also buy handrubbed charas there but I don't know if this is local or from North India, anyone know?
If I remember right it was about 10x the price of green, and more illigal, getting caught with hash is worse than weed in India, not that any police bothered me.

If its your first time in India you will be amazed by the politeness and hospitality of the locals.

This is a very nice hotel with excellent food:

http://www.kovalam.com/Moonlight/index.htm

I never heard of sentences for cannabis/hash in India.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
again thanks dkgrower,am also intrested in tamil nadu but cant find much info about cannabis there.RESIN SEEKER

Because cannabis use in the south is more discreet... In places like Rajasthan they have govt OK to consume bhang during religious ceremonies and overall, hashish usage is more prevalent in the north, therefore an overall cannabis culture exists. In the south however, it is more of cannabis flower smoking culture, though culturally it is highly frowned upon. Same country, same religion (for the most part), but different views on the usage of cannabis. You would be hard pressed to find a sadhu in the south, but they are obviously around. Same with ganja in TN, you might not find much info online, but when you're physically there, it'll all come to you... Rickshaw drivers in most cities should be able to help you find smoke off the bat, however you need to use your intuition, and you'll find good trees mon:rasta:...

limey

I found it relatively easy to find good local weed in Varkala, in Kerala. PM me for more details if you go there

The growing is almost all done in the forest reserves up in the ghats - the line of mountains that runs parallel to the coast. Years back Kumily was a good place to start looking but I get the impression that they have tightened up quite a bit there. The Idukki and Palakkad districts remain the growing hot spots, up in the Attappady forests. There is an eradication programme in place so you have to be watchful and persistent.

The growing in Tamil Nadu is mostly in the same hills and reserves "over the border" from Kerala.

If such things bother you, there are ethical issues with the ganja industry in Kerala: the mafia cut into alot of ecological valuable forest and do alot of damage to the local ecosystems.

If you google "ganja seized TN"(TN = Tamil Nadu) and similar variations you will see the press reports of where weed has been seized by the cops in India, which is a good palce to start mapping out where the weed is currently being grown.

Will be interested to read your reports!

Latest posts

Latest posts