What's new

Kerala Landrace info

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everybody :tiphat:,

just want to show some seeds and some Ganja I was fortunate to buy in Varkala, a city between Kollam and Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of Kerala, at 8-9 ° Nortern lattitude.

The person who sold it said, it was a local variety grown in the hills at higher altitudes. Eventually 20 seeds passed fingerpinching them which were collected from pollinated calyxes.

The effect of it was pretty strong and immediate altough i had not smoked for 2 weeks before.
Caused very red eyes and felt like moving and taking a walk for fresh air and open space. Would say it was more on the social side and not too trippy or paranoia inducing but with no raw or heavy feelings , rather a "sativa" high . :)

Tastewise it was maybe woody and a little bit like a cured cigar, smelled a bit of pepper and Provencal herbs and also expressed smells similar to Doule Jam.

Imho the Western Ghats offer a nice possibility to grow NLD cannabis and these varietys a pretty valuable because South Indian Ganja has a long traditon and the locals know what to look for.

It is also interesting how many spice plants like cardamom, cinnamon , ginger , cloves, nutmeg or wild pepper grow there.

Also was fortunate to receive 3 Kerala seeds from The Real Seed Company as a bonus with a Mextiza order from an Austrian seedvendor.
If I'm very lucky and get one or two of RSC Kerala Seeds to sprout,
my plan will be an open pollination F1 with the other Kerala variety if i find a decent or any males. But I will also look into the collected seeds separately.

And just a few pictures , sorry for the bad quality

Thanks for all the interesting posts and informations in this Thread !

Cheers

Attachments

• Ganja Varkala.jpg
    Ganja Varkala.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Ganja Varkala 2.jpg
    Ganja Varkala 2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 40
  • RSC Kerala Bonus.jpg
    RSC Kerala Bonus.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Western Ghats Periyar NP.jpg
    Western Ghats Periyar NP.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Tea Plantation.jpg
    Tea Plantation.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Hilltop.jpg
    Hilltop.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 38

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hello everybody :tiphat:,

just want to show some seeds and some Ganja I was fortunate to buy in Varkala, a city between Kollam and Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of Kerala, at 8-9 ° Nortern lattitude.

The person who sold it said, it was a local variety grown in the hills at higher altitudes. Eventually 20 seeds passed fingerpinching them which were collected from pollinated calyxes.

The effect of it was pretty strong and immediate altough i had not smoked for 2 weeks before.
Caused very red eyes and felt like moving and taking a walk for fresh air and open space. Would say it was more on the social side and not too trippy or paranoia inducing but with no raw or heavy feelings , rather a "sativa" high . :)

Tastewise it was maybe woody and a little bit like a cured cigar, smelled a bit of pepper and Provencal herbs and also expressed smells similar to Doule Jam.

Imho the Western Ghats offer a nice possibility to grow NLD cannabis and these varietys a pretty valuable because South Indian Ganja has a long traditon and the locals know what to look for.

It is also interesting how many spice plants like cardamom, cinnamon , ginger , cloves, nutmeg or wild pepper grow there.

Also was fortunate to receive 3 Kerala seeds from The Real Seed Company as a bonus with a Mextiza order from an Austrian seedvendor.
If I'm very lucky and get one or two of RSC Kerala Seeds to sprout,
my plan will be an open pollination F1 with the other Kerala variety if i find a decent or any males. But I will also look into the collected seeds separately.

And just a few pictures , sorry for the bad quality

Thanks for all the interesting posts and informations in this Thread !

Cheers

Thanks for the report! I hope to see pictures in the future. I think I grew those Austrian Kerala seeds this year, very low germination rate so I recommend you to give them special care while germinating. Good luck!

XbX

Geez DocD dunno how much headroom u have, but looks like you need some serious bending and tying!

Dunno what nutes you do but once she is fully fluffy and white all over, if you use nute that allows you to control dissolvable N accurately, bring it down to around 5% of the amount in grow....she will then yellow and ripen nicely...these sats take long enough already...

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
De rien Aza' thanks for watching bro, by hoping it motivates people to get a try, cannabis understanding process et cetera... The specimens above are from seeds but it is easier and faster with clones... ;)

Doc D

oh yeah… she's a beast, and continued to stretch even at 10+ weeks….lol.

I'll have pics of another "indoor friendly" kerala cut soon that was gifted from a friend :)

Doc D

@doc d: could you describe the aroma?

She doesn't have any dominant smells at this point... But this is the same cut that produced the flowers I posted a few pages back.... Earthy and floral, it's not something I puff for the flavor. I enjoy rolling up big joints as opposed to smoking her flowers with glass.