What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kerala Landrace info

Doc D

4dragons had beans of RSC's Malana cream and Kerala... I popped the Malana cream with good germ rates last year but Snowhigh was unsuccessful at getting any of the keralas to pop, just a little FYI for anyone looking at RSC's kerala.

Doc D

amazing 420 gift from the boys out at Kiona, thanks LRG and Zam!… surprisingly sweet and floral aroma but a more earthy floral taste, very pleasing and well cured. the more you puff the higher you get… a beautiful and unique high type that's very long lasting, comes in waves with a gentle come-down… great for music lovers and has a wonderful euphoric edge…. don't let the numbers fool yeah.... i'll get some bud pics up soon.

JtsS3Gjl.jpg

5L1MNbwl.jpg

Limeygreen

Veteran
15% seems high enough if you ask me. What does 20-25% really do for you? To me the high thc like this, at least what I have been told as I never saw lab results, is more like whack to your face and not too much enjoyable feel to it, like a 2d effect rather than a 4d if you like. Beautiful looking plants and flowers guys, hope to hear more about south indian ganja.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yes, 15% is plenty high.

Sudafrika is only 9-10% yet people love its racy high.

I'd love to have Kerala or Sudafrika more than The White

ngakpa

Veteran
Kerala plants are very pretty

15% doesn't surprise me - that's the kind of % they were finding in South Indian ganja in the '70s... high single figures up to high teens

just to say that Keralan cannabis isn't wild

it's cultivated

in India cannabis only grows wild in the north - foothills and Himalaya

Kerala is way down in the tropics and cannabis there is grown sown from seed...

high THC goes with that - selection by the hand of man

ahortator

Veteran
Hi everybody

Excuse me for the off-topic, but still in India.

Hi Ngakpa

Would you be so kind as to tell if you know something about the Tripura very thin fingered leaves heavily branched strain? I have seen similar extremely thin leaves in a Terai, Chitwan Nepalese. They look similar to the Assamese grown by Gert Lush.

Manipuri and Ukhrul seem different.

Untitled10.jpg

ganja-destruction-operation-r-1415792171.jpg

ganja-destruction-operation-r2%281%29.jpg

SDM%20Sonamura%20Subhasis%20Das%20and%20159%20battalion%20BSF%20along%20with%20Police%20personnel%20destroyed%20Ganja%20cultivation%20at%20Sonamura1.JPG

ganja-SDm-sonamura-1lvl-1416666960.jpg

I don't know if they are good but they are very beautiful plants.

Thanks.

Best regards.

ngakpa

Veteran
hi - the thing to bear in mind with that strain Gert Lush has is that it was just a guess that it came from Assam... it is just as likely to have come from the Terai, or UP, or Bihar, or Bengal... it was pure speculation on my part that it may have come from the Northeast somewhere

the other thing here is that just because a strain is being grown somewhere (e.g. Tripura) doesn't necessarily mean that it comes from there --- maybe the seeds were brought in from outside by organised crime and some local farmers were commissioned to do the grow

generally in commercial growing that is how it works - the groups commissioning grows in the Nepalese Terai are probably from North India, for example

I don't know much about Tripura - given that it is between Bengal/Bangladesh and Manipur it is a fair bet that there is a history of growing ganja there...

but Assam and Bhutan are nearby too and neither place has much of a tradition of growing --- all that is documented there is that historically local tribes in the hill districts would occasionally harvest wild plants to sell as crude ganja

the thing I can say about Manipur is that the lowland Meitei people do have a very strong established tradition of cultivating ganja --- the Manipuri strain is very much the Manipuri strain (the Ukhrul plants are less clear)

looking at those photos above from Tripura my guess - and it is purely a guess - would be that that is the generic commercial strain often seen in photos in the press in grows in the Nepalese Terai, Siliguri, Orissa etc.

for example, a lot of growing is commissioned for the Bangladesh market in places like Meghalaya - in tribal areas where people don't have much history with ganja

it would be surprising if the same wasn't happening in Tripura

again this is only a guess, maybe it is a Tripuran strain - at the end of the day your guess is as good as mine

edit: from a brief look at the press it is clear that these large scale Tripuran grows are being organised for the Bangladesh market

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am sure your guess is much better than mine. Your knowledge in this subject if far deeper than mine.

According the news you are right about the Bangladeshi traffickers involvement.

http://www.tripurainfoway.com/news-...in-sonamura-by-sdm-bsf-excise-joint-team.html

http://www.tripurainfoway.com/news-...-bsf-destroys-ganja-worth-rs-6-23-crores.html

http://www.tripurainfoway.com/news-...1-crores-destroyed-by-sdm-bsf-joint-team.html

http://www.tripurainfoway.com/news-...ensedyl-destroys-ganja-worth-rs-4-crores.html

http://tcm.bsf.gov.in/press release/press mater/21 Nov-12Ganja- Distruction.htm

Most seizures occur in Sonamura. The strain seems very well stablished and spreaded.

I have read that the Nepalese Terai thin leafed strain is from South India.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3821977&postcount=339

Greetings.

bodhiseeds

Veteran
definetly different....

inner and outer terai plants grow short with extreme narrow leaf traits and dense popcorn like buds...