What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kerala Chellakutti

teide

Veteran
Nice, p3 already. Good to see the little kc x keralla f1 getting started. Fun to watch the outcome.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
13 weeks. Fired up the 250w hps again and moved the pot direct under the light. The buds gained some volume over the week and one started stretching again so i had to bend some branches down.

picture.php

picture.php

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Good luck man.
Think some gonna get big with the mega stretch. Have you enough headspace to raise your lamps? You may get individuals stretching a long time.
I'm happy that i have build my soil and have to water only. Think with nutes i would have burned or stunned them too.

But i think they are worth the effort. The most resinous one starts to smell like jasmine what i realy like.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the stretching will be no problem. I bend the stem when it gets too high and that has worked so far. They can get going sideways so much it is a jungle in there, but vertically never a problem.

I use 10,000 K lights now and in the future 6400 K lights, so that keeps things short and also keep the lights really close to the tops.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
How do the individual plants stretch? Got one that is already overgrowen by the others with imo normal stretch. The most stretchy one started growing again when i fired up the hps.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
14 weeks overview

picture.php

This is the most resinous with best smell. A little less since the hps is on but temps are higher. Floral jasmin herbal musky

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great chilliwilli, your efforts to properly finish indoors this wild sativa from Khalifa are much appreciated :yes:

Not sure about your flowering photoperiod, but since the tops are still stretching with delayed flowering i would try to lower down the photoperiod a bit more and don't provide nitrogen, at least until the whole plant is in full flowering mode. Try to also avoid any peak of excessive heat on the tops.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi dubi
I run the lights 11/13 the whole time. I like the little faster flowering with modern cultivars and can live with the little lower yield.
One plant started stretching again after using the hps again.
What do u think down to 10/14 for the last month or 2? I assume that the one that is still stretching will go the whole 26 weeks(~xmas-new year).

Hope everything is fine with u and your people since its turbulent time in spain.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi chilliwilli,

Yes, i would recommend to lower down the flowering photoperiod to 10/14, it works best with this kind of extreme tropical sativa strains.
If the stretching in mid flowering is only happening to one plant then try to avoid too much heat on the tops or excessive N feeding for this plant.

You are doing a great job taming the beast indoors ;) All the best for the rest of the flowering.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
15 weeks.

Went down with the light to 10,5/13,5 and will go to 10/14 next week(others are in full bloom).

When i look with the microscope i can spot resin glands on every plant. Most grow direct on the plant with the stem developing.

This is the most resinouse one. Some parts of the plant with better lighting show only milky trichomes

picture.php

The stretchy one got most of the hairy spikes growing all over the buds and leaf. Hard to focus for the cam

picture.php

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Thx man
Since i saw some milky trichs i have to discipline my selfe not to test to early but i think in 1 or 2 weeks i will:D