What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kerala by RSC & Bohdi

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hello Sativa Aficionado,

I am performing a side by side run of Kerala by "The Real Seed Company" and "Bohdi", both hand collected in the homeland by these fine gentlemen.

Here are the Opening pics for the show this year for your viewing pleasure.

RSC Kerala:

corky1968

Veteran
I'm glad I was the first to jump in here.

Do you know if "The Real Seed Company" and "Bohdi" Keralas are from the same stock?

Cannavore

Veteran
Bodhi's is selected from a trip to India @corky1968

2 seed lots from last india trip....

Kerala 1 was the best outdoor from one lot..

Kerala 4 was the best indoor from the other lot....

i have a male, so when i get some time and space i can make some pure seeds under the nierika seed trust...

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola corky1968,

Bohdi and RSC Kerala are from different stock hand collected in the same region...so far growth structure is similar by slightly different. In addition the Bohdi stock is far more vigorous but we will see if they catchup up as the roots get established:)

Stay tuned for more updates.

Saludos

RC_Colas

I'm glad I was the first to jump in here.

Do you know if "The Real Seed Company" and "Bohdi" Keralas are from the same stock?

RC I grew Kerala in the late 80 s ,gorilla style ,about 2 miles dorm the Marin coast but was not patient enough to wait till it matured . They used to call it " South Indian Sweetie "it is very special ,rgood luck it can get massive and tree like.

D3pthCharg3

I hope you dont mind I add a bit of background to your great thread RC...Here are the Keralan highlands these plants are native to. This is the Western Ghats. As our car snaked along the scary mountain roads I would swear to my new wife I could smell the ganja as it grew, as it was harvest season there. They call this God's country, I would agree, it is breathtaking. The herb I got in Varkala was very dark colored and of amazing sativa potency. I wish I would have found a way to retain some of the many seeds in it.

D3pthCharg3

A sign along the road, may this be a mantra for your grow

In Kerala aside from fine cannabis fine tea is grown as well, haha. Here are the tea fields in the valleys.

Sorry for the interruptions, now...on with the show...

Was inna trip in southeast asia a year ago. Got some sri lankan bagseed, and two different variaties of whats supposed to be KG (kerala gold) also bagseed of course. Its really strange that none of the big and famous seedbanks are selling that genetics. Because KG is a really famous strain, exported and smuggled all over south east asia.

Gonna pop those seeds some day :)
Anyways, good luck!

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola D3pthCharg3,

Beautiful photos and happy for your contribution to the thread...nice to have the context of the homeland for these beauties:)

Saludos

RC_Colas

I hope you dont mind I add a bit of background to your great thread RC...Here are the Keralan highlands these plants are native to. This is the Western Ghats. As our car snaked along the scary mountain roads I would swear to my new wife I could smell the ganja as it grew, as it was harvest season there. They call this God's country, I would agree, it is breathtaking. The herb I got in Varkala was very dark colored and of amazing sativa potency. I wish I would have found a way to retain some of the many seeds in it.

[URL=http://www.dayzeddesigns.com/images/d4ll3kcrm406cbaxwjg7.jpg]View Image[/URL]

RC_Colas

Veteran
Flowering Update

Flowering Update

Hola India Ganja Fans,

Here is a small update now that the Kerala is 4 weeks into flower. I have selected 3 females from RSC, 2 females from Bohdi and 2 males from RSC...as the 2 Bohdi males hermied. So far all remaining plants do not show any inter-sexual traits but I will keep a close watch as things progress. Stem rubs on all plants, RSC and Bohdi have a distinct mint scent that I understand is typical for true Kerala.

First up is one of the RSC Males:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Flowering Update continued...

We are four (4) weeks into flower and here is one of the RSC females....nice a bushy like corky's:

RC_Colas

Veteran

Here is one of the Bohdi girls...again she is nice a busky with lots of bud sights, albeit a bit slower than the RSC girl:

Saludos

RC_Colas