What's new

Kentucky/Ohio Valley growers...

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
never had a chance to go outdoor...need some more land! yall grow on your land or you walking around others property

D.D.

Hi budman678,
Growing on my own land isn't an option here with all the air traffic, sheriff's roundup, and UNITE, but I figure state and county road right of ways are fair game.
Just have to be careful and not pick one they mow and spray.

Both the state and the county owns some unused property that can be used in my location. I just keep the number down to one plant per location.

budman678

Veteran
thanks dudes...i knew daniel boone forrest was a popular place....i have never seen choppers in my area

D.D.

Nothing like getting out at 4:30 am, walking a mile to enter the forest, climbing a hill, walking 4 more miles to find a good spot to dig a hole (or rather dig large stones out of the ground) mulching the hole with leafs and covering with stones and more leafs, then walking back.
Did I mention that it's nearly 100 F by the time I'm half way back home and my canteens empty?
Thats only the first step of preparing a site for next year... l still have to find time to work this years grow when it cools down this evening.

D.D.

The trick is to beat the heat budman678,
I'm outside well before daylight headed towards my spot. I work for as many hours as I can and try and be out by noon.
Just carry plenty of drinking water. I made the mistake of not carrying enough drinking water a couple of days ago.
Do the hard stuff in the early mornings, and you can do the light work in the evenings. Thats my system to beat the heat.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
It's a quiet 4th around here. Because of the drought: No fireworks, no outdoor grills....:tumbleweed:

...and it's fucking hot, outside!

rafe

All you KY residents make sure you register to vote on bill129 which will aloow medical cannabis and allow growing hemp for the farmers.

D.D.

All you KY residents make sure you register to vote on bill129 which will aloow medical cannabis and allow growing hemp for the farmers.

Will be nice if the bill ever makes it to the ballot.

People might have to adapt the procedures used by the Med states adapted and tweaked to Ky law, petitioning to have the legislation question placed on the ballot.
It seems the elected lawmakers are going to keep tabling this bill over and over again.

D.D.

Kentucky could have been the first state to legalize if Gatewood had been elected way back when. Even if he wasnt the first to bring up the idea in Frankfort, those who had already played with the idea were still holding seats. Would have been relatively easy to get a bill into the committee with the governor backing legalization efforts.
So why did so many of my fellow toking voters let me down by not voting?
Anyone else remember all the debates in the late 1970s/early 1980s about how RJ Reynolds might decide to package up the good old Kentucky Green and how it could be as readily available as a pack of Marlboro?
But when you look at the true fault to that argument, beer is packaged similar to soda pop and is just as readily available if you have proof of age.
Could be an idea to get local tourism boards sold on the idea of having a Weedfest every year where tourists could come to buy 1 finger dime bags. They spend a bundle trying to promote tourism, but there is no real reason for people travel hundreds of miles to "enjoy your stay (we have nothing you cant find elsewhere)"

budman678

Veteran
I am confident that all this talk about legalizing HEMP in ky will be the catalyst we need to begin discussions on medical marijuana. Senator Perry Clark introduced legislation in Gatewood's honor, am I wrong?

KY needs to lead the way with all the other "southern states".

Latest posts

Latest posts