What's new

Kentucky/Ohio Valley growers...

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
I personally didn't have a hard time coming by the Dumpster cut. I moved to Columbus about 2 years ago, and within 8 months I had fallen in with someone who was able to score me a cut. Since then I've given out (/sold, in the case of friends of friends) countless clones of Dumpster. It's around these days, but some people like to think they have the next OG Kush.

The plants are greasy rather than sticky, fat and white. Sometimes they throw foxtails, can't tell what causes them to do this quite yet. Very nice yielder. Could clone quicker, though. That can be remedied through careful mother selection.

JACKBAYBEH

I smoked some "Dumpster" about a year ago. Grown by a pretty reputable cat I know. Straight indica couch lock was my experience. Old school taste, was a pleasure to smoke. The couch lock ain't my cup of tea though. I'm a Sat or Sat dom hybrid kinda guy. Turned down the offer of a clone.

joeking

OMG CHEESE!!!

OMG CHEESE!!!

Almost home, these flix were from day 21 or 22. The smell is fruity, almost bitter fruit, almost menthol fruity, if that makes sense. Just up-potted a few more to put into 12/12 this weekend, along with some KK Strawberry Cough, Lemonhead, and K-train.

joeking

Reppin da Midwest to the fullest

Reppin da Midwest to the fullest

Hey all, I know it's cold outside, but heres a lil sumthin from downstairs to brighten your day. The big girl is GH's Cheese in day 35 of flowering. Been fed organic all the way, and the bad girl in the corner is the KK Strawberry Cough (bred by CBF) on day, like 7 or sumthin. Peace

Last edited:

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Cali #1 ...TN...#2...we don't have as many potheads as Cali...so there's more to go around...

Attachments

• 1960401019_DRUG_WAR_PARKSx-large.jpg
    1960401019_DRUG_WAR_PARKSx-large.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 10

Cloudy

An unknown lady. :moon: And maybe a little BIT, just a little bit of 5gal rootboundness.

Attachments

• 46dnf024.jpg
    46dnf024.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 45dnf022.jpg
    45dnf022.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 13
  • r00ts001.jpg
    r00ts001.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 11

Cloudy

Thanks Hank and Joeking. I finally have some quality beans, at least I hope. Next run will be C99, Apollo 11, and NLxC99 all from Joey's Weed. Have only heard good things about his gear.

That lady I posted was suppose to be Strawberry Cough but got it from a questionable site. Was a great plant to grow though, that's for sure. Just wish I didn't have to resize my pics to post em. Zooming in on the originals is fun. I think a macro lens would be nice to have. Where's that money tree people always talk about???!?!?!:laughing:

What Up Everyone! Not gonna say where. But yep down in the O-valley for sure. On the east side. Gotta say with the exception of a few, quality has really gone downhill. Only thing nice lately seems to be the 'death-starr' that is damn near impossible to get ahold of. Then the classics 'lemon g' and 'dumpster' makes it down here a couple times a year and then of course the classics 'Bubblegum', 'Big Bud-G', and the occasional 'bubba' float in town. Unfortunately, most of the good farmers fell into the whole prescription-drug abuse thing and fell outta the game for good. "Meigs' county gold" is nearly a thing of the past. From the people I know from the county, only a few people still retain the genetics, and it's never for public sales. Most of them have gone downhill and let the genetics of some amazing plants grow dead. It's sad honestly.

As for the good canadian buddha that used to float around like crazy is now replaced with the nastiest mexi-brown you could expect to find while kids eat it up even at ridiculous prices. Finding a true connoisseur smoker and farmer around here is a real rarity. I must say, the buds are lovely down here when people take the time to actually trim and cure them, instead of half-@ssing the job to get more weight outta them. Even worse, the people who think that "all buds have to be left out past the first frost", and don't even know when to chop or what a 'cloudy or amber trich' is. There is still some people taking care of the goods that Ohio has brought us, but not as many as there used to be and no one seems willing to trade clones or share genetics except for a very select few. Most of which are really protective of the ohio-grown hybrids and IBL's.

Love to get ahold of the 'death-starr' clone, and the true 'lemon g' (not the LemonSknk people try to pass off, but the old panamanian strain that grows big fluffy sativa buds with low leaf to calax). Someone should honestly let these genetics into feminized seeds, which as most of us know, is, but isn't to hard. At least it's worked for me with CS. Just to be shared among other OH-KY growers who can't get ahold of the clones, due to the seclusive nature of the Ohio clone-scene. But who knows, maybe one of these days someone will let me do it, not for profit, not to sell off to a seed company, but just to keep genetics alive like the very scarce 'Meigs Gold' or 'Death-Starr'.

-LifeIsGrowing

D

danimarie193

i live in the area and i have been all over the us. trust when i say that some of the best smoke is in ohio. i run deathstar, bubble gum, 4 way, blue cheese, purps, sour jack, and lemon skunk.