What's new

keep the weapon in the car?

Like two pages worth of responses, and roughly three replies were even remotely related to the question posed.

Are you guys high on the devils cabbage or something?

Snow Crash

Veteran
Sure...

big-dogs-1.jpg
41-sHkYAZcL._SS420_.jpg

7 foot long Boar Spear

Air powered dart delivery system delivering up to 3cc per dart.

Advanced forearm and bicep arm bite sleeve

5 inch blade Hostage Recovery Team Boot knife.

I also happen to have about 60lbs on even a large dog anyway. You want to talk about life and death? Humans can be pretty scrappy with a knife in their hand.

Don't ever risk it. If you love your dog then treat him like a member of your family. A child or a brother. If these guys want what you have, and they know you have a big ass mf-ing dog, then they are going to come prepared for it. As I said before there are many ways to handle the family pet if they decide to become a problem and sadly... most of the time its one of these:

HKMP5 A5. Commonly used in drug raids. Your dog doesn't stand a shits chance against the cops... that's for sure... even if all they do is bark. Sad...

So keep your guns at home and your illegal bullshit somewhere else. Don't bring your mistakes and transgressions against the threshold and you are within your rights. Buy a big safe.

R

rick shaw

I kind of don't understand this but then I'm a dork. A weapon like a rifle/shotgun/handgun is much more useful for personal protection when you have easy access to it. If you need to keep it in your car or storage then it seems like you're planning on needing it, like going hunting, and when push comes to shove good luck getting to it fast if you need to protect yourself.

Not up on laws but the car thing is iffy IMO but storage should be fine. I mean you park your car at your grow, get popped and they search your vehicle. If your gun is in your car and you're at home and you need to go out and get it probably too late.

Now lets flash forward to a likely scenario,simply getting pulled over by a LEO.

I'm pretty sure you have some marijuana handy and probably recently smoked,thats a DUI.

A DUI, in and of itself would not trigger a search of your residence... Finding a weapon, registered or not would.

Cascade Farmer isn't a rube. He hit the nail on the head.

Growing changes everything. You don't chase your tail like a kid.
Focus and prioritize. Think of the bigger picture.
:ying:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I've had a short sword in my car for almost a decade before I started growing,.... the weapon isn't going anywhere.

I've been stopped many times with said weapon in full view of the police, and only asked once why I had a sword in my car.

It's a right of every american citizen to "Keep and Bear Arms" (2nd amendment) and the weapon I carry every day is only for self defense and is never brandished in any way to intimidate anyone, nor is any attempt ever made to conceal it or hide it from sight.

If you get stopped by a dickhead cop your gonna get the book thrown at you, regardless of weather or not your in compliance with laws or not.

Do not take any advice you find on the internet as "Legal" advice, consult an attorney familiar with your local laws before doing anything you consider even remotely risky to your legal status. :tiphat:

Dudesome

Veteran
Yup there are many legal options just like Krunchbubble mentioned! A baseball bat is one of those options

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Car would have to be parked off of your property to be safe. :tiphat:

BUT then you have a gun in a car, off of your property which is a whole new problem in itself if the car get's broken into or stolen & then you have to worry about that gun.

Whatever you do, just keep it out of your grow! Be safe. :canabis:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
As a grower, I have made the decision to not keep "weapons" near my grow or in my home for reasons of legal precedent. I wonder if any of you have experience in the extent to which they search and subsequently deem a weapon part of the "guns and grow" threshold?

Can I keep a weapon in my car? Storage facility? etc?

Thanks.

There is no "Guns and Grow" Law...it simply falls under "Possession of a firearm during the commission of a Felony."
If you are in a MMJ State, and in full compliance, then you can have all the legal guns you want-- If not, then you are looking at enhancements--
As far as having one stashed anywhere on your property...it totally depends on how they want to write it up, since technically, anywhere on the property is part of the grow-- Most search warrants cover the house, garage, any outbuildings and vehicles--:tiphat:

C

CascadeFarmer

Krunch - That's a nice little piece of equipment...like jumping into a hornets nest....very big hornets. Interesting option for some growers. Easily can see how it's auto capability will be effective.

There is no "Guns and Grow" Law...it simply falls under "Possession of a firearm during the commission of a Felony."
If you are in a MMJ State, and in full compliance, then you can have all the legal guns you want
While in general you're post sounds reasonable I've still seen fully 'legal' people have problems just growing never mind having a gun too.

I got one piece, an FN 5.7, for emergencies. When I drive with it to go shooting it's unloaded and out of arms reach and the filled mags are in the opposite direction. At home it's unloaded but the mags are filled. I'm not expecting any problems.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
41-sHkYAZcL._SS420_.jpg

7 foot long Boar Spear

Air powered dart delivery system delivering up to 3cc per dart.

Advanced forearm and bicep arm bite sleeve

5 inch blade Hostage Recovery Team Boot knife.

I also happen to have about 60lbs on even a large dog anyway. You want to talk about life and death? Humans can be pretty scrappy with a knife in their hand.

Don't ever risk it. If you love your dog then treat him like a member of your family. A child or a brother. If these guys want what you have, and they know you have a big ass mf-ing dog, then they are going to come prepared for it. As I said before there are many ways to handle the family pet if they decide to become a problem and sadly... most of the time its one of these:

HKMP5 A5. Commonly used in drug raids. Your dog doesn't stand a shits chance against the cops... that's for sure... even if all they do is bark. Sad...

So keep your guns at home and your illegal bullshit somewhere else. Don't bring your mistakes and transgressions against the threshold and you are within your rights. Buy a big safe.

Found the damn mall ninja.

Actually, the MP5SD is a bit outdated, and rarely used by tactical operators anymore. You have watched too many movies. the 9mm round is a bit anemic even for a handgun these days, much less a shouldered weapon. I am sure you already knew that.

It would most likely be a AR15 or some variant. The 5.56 provides much more stopping power, as well as effective range. With the AR having various SBR applications and piston driven operating systems, the HK while a great SMG, is not what entry teams use these days.

I don't break the law, so I won't have any cops coming to my neck of the woods.

My simple point is that a dog is not considered a deadly weapon, all that bullshit you posted, on a table in a court room won't look too good. You get a good prosecutor on your ass, that didn't get any pussy the night before and guess who ends up getting fucked? Most people growing weed, don't need to have anything more than a baseball bat at the house. You are trying to sound like a badass, I am trying to keep the OP from having years tacked onto a drug sentence, because he had a Glock in his car.

If someone comes to rob you. Chances are you fucked up along the way. People coming to rob you will not be Ninjas, even though you apparently are... The people that rob grows are usually young thugs, that found out because the grower got lazy.

I don't care how many chloroform loaded dart guns or ninja stars you have, 3-4 Cane Corsos would work your ass. You might get one, Chuck Norris might could take two, but anymore than that and you are dogfood.

I am not talking about the family springer spaniel either.

By the way... How many attack dogs have you taken down?

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Found the damn mall ninja.

Actually, the MP5SD is a bit outdated, and rarely used by tactical operators anymore. You have watched too many movies. the 9mm round is a bit anemic even for a handgun these days, much less a shouldered weapon. I am sure you already knew that.

It would most likely be a AR15 or some variant. The 5.56 provides much more stopping power, as well as effective range. With the various SBR applications, and piston driven operating systems, the HK while a great SMG is not what entry teams use these days.

I don't break the law, so I won't have any cops coming to my neck of the woods.

My simple point is that a dog is not considered a deadly weapon, all that bullshit you posted, on a table in a court room won't look too good. You get a good prosecutor on your ass, that didn't get any pussy the night before and guess who ends up getting fucked? Most people growing weed, don't need to have anything more than a baseball bat at the house. You are trying to sound like a badass, I am trying to keep the OP from having years tacked onto a drug sentence, because he had a Glock in his car.

If someone comes to rob you. Chances are you fucked up along the way. People coming to rob you will not be Ninjas, even though you apparently are... The people that rob grows are usually young thugs, that found out because the grower got lazy.

I don't care how many chloroform loaded dart guns or ninja stars you have, 3-4 Cane Corsos would work your ass. You might get one, Chuck Norris might could take two, but anymore than that and you are dogfood.

I am not talking about the family springer spaniel either.

By the way... How many attack dogs have you taken down?
:laughing::laughing:
And a properly trained 'attack' dog will not bite a sleeve.. Not when I train M

he was just providing ideas other than guns bobby.

who would have 2-3 cane corseos in their home, or even in the front yard in the suburbs? That would draw a lot of attention and I wouldn't even want to rob that place, sure.

But if you are 30 minutes outside of town and I were a robber and knew you could have a lot of cash and weed, then I'd get 2-3 guys with me and hit your place up with big guns not caring about your dogs or you.

All depends on what type of location and who you are. The avg personal grower doesn't have a buncha dogs. However, security alarm stickers and 1 or 2 regular dogs, trained or not, would deter me from a suburban home. But even that wouldn't stop me if i knew you were ballin and you talked a lot of shit.

Also,, a lot of the times, the people you are closest to will rob you. So don't think it's just random street thugs all the time and slip up.

C

CascadeFarmer

I'm Legal.Hav a CCW. So does my 'driver'. Trust me our firearms ain't left in the car.
Was thinking about getting a concealed carry permit for shits and giggles and mainly as my right as a citizen. Would have to buy something else to carry though.

Not growing now but come winter won't think twice about keeping my piece in the house with the plants. My days of large grows are over so no worries. Crime rate where I live is almost 0. I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than someone raging on me for whatever reason.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Maybe not Cane Corsos. I was just providing an example of a attack dog. Rottweilers, Dobermans, Pit Bulls, are all cheaper.

There are plenty of people that have 2-3 pits. Nasty mothers. I am also very interested to hear how many attack dogs he has neutralized.

The point of the thread is should you keep a gun in your car, as opposed to in the house where the grow is? The answer is "no". You will still get hung with a weapons charge. Which will probably be the case with any weapon. Will you get a weapons charge for a dog? No.

Are dogs unstoppable? No.

Are gun owners unstoppable? No.

(In a grow house) Is it better to have a gun/weapon, than a dog? No.

Best thing to do... Grow in one house, and live in another. Oh yeah, don't be an idiot.