What's new

Keep my see 1k hps or switch to cmh???

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Few shot at 47 days in. I may have killed one of the gg4 I had . The drip line somehow came out of the stake and was outside of the pot and I wasn't getting watered.gg4
picture.php

Ecsd
picture.php

Bb
picture.php

Gt3
picture.php
tw
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Some shots of the trainwrecks and one of the blueberry. Trainwreck looks like it'll yield pretty decent for being fed lightly and in a 1 gallon.
picture.php
picture.php

Blueberry
picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
This has been a very useful thread. Thank you. It's got a little long though.. Would you round up by saying the 630 is much like the 1000 in your circumstances?

I notice quite a few of the later pics are a dark green, with red coming into the veins. I'm sure the forum cookies has been done by many people. Is it normal to look this way? To me, it seems your low on P. Which really effects yield. Enough to fudge with the lighting comparison.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
In my opinion I like the 630 more than the hps.. if you check my pp thread you'll see I've ran the forum cookies many times along with the glue. The forum cookies are being fed pretty light because they are in the tray with another strain. So there's bound to be some deficiencies on one strain or the other, I'm just trying to find a happy medium for the most part. The glue tray I ran last that was the real tester for me to compare to a 1k. This round of trays is more me trying out a few new to me strains. Both of my trays are fed by their own reservoirs, 1 40 gal per tray. Here's how my last forums came out under hps....
picture.php
picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Nice.
Thank you for the concise reply. It seems the cmh punches above it's weight. As it puts out about as many umol as an 850 son, if they existed. Though as I'm learning, umol is only a small part of the picture. One that ignores the son's energy is mostly orange, while the cmh produces it's energy a lot more in tune with the plants needs (red). So I can now feel my mind settling with the idea a 630 beats a 1000. Because your practical proof, and the math align

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
My 3x3 trays are being blasted with light. My last run of glue netted me almost 2lbs under 1 630. It's definitely compareable to the yields I pull under the 1k. Same strain, plant count, nutrients, method, only difference was the light.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Ecsd that I'm working on getting dialed. First run of the strain and in coco. Got a little burnt early on but this one's a learning opportunity. 49 days and the veg tray with my next round of all ecsd.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Few shot from today. Flowers at 56. Started pinching and bending on veg tray to slow it down some. Still have 15 20 days before I can put them in.
picture.php

Ecsd
picture.php

Blueberry
picture.php

Gluetang
picture.php

Trainwreck
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Some 60 days shots. The Trainwreck and the blueberry will be getting chopped next week. The sour Deez and everything else the week after.

Blueberry
picture.php

Ecsd
picture.php

Trainwreck
picture.php

Gt3
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Ya she is pretty nice. Purple everywhere. Plus she's pretty frosty with a good yield and piney smell. Next time I'm in the room I'll pull them out so you can see the size of it. She filled in nicely.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
62 days on the gluetang and forum cookies. Cookies had to come down. They were done. The cmh seemed to cut about 8 days off.
Forum
picture.php

Gluetang
picture.php