What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC Brains?

S4703W

Grew out a few of his mango's inside a while back got one that look just like greenmax's. Great plant, real easy to grow, decent sativaish high. Wasn't a fan of the taste i got, not at all mango. Some other people are saying they've found mango tastes though so i might have to grow the rest out sometime.

jessethestoner

From what I remember the other Dutch breeders were telling Kc that he was selling his seeds too cheaply, and should charge more.
So I think he asked Gypsy for more money for the seeds and Gypsy wouldn't pay more, so KC wouldn't send the seeds till Gypsy agreed to pay him some more money.
And then Gypsy said he would never stock his seeds again.
That's what I remember happening, although I didn't pay a great deal of attention to it at the time.

If that's the case the guy just went up a level in my books. I recently made my first seed purchase fom a online breeder and the prices people are charging makes me sick. KC's prices are much more reasonable.

Azaghal

Veteran
Most folks say "who" if you mention his work. Not very popular although some of his strains have been around for well over 20 years. I bought TNR & MANGO ten yrs back. Didnt care for the MANGO so phased it out. I ended up running TNR Outdoors and Indoors for a few years. Does anyone know what TNR stands for? I suspect the T stands for Thai as it is a Thai cross. Very stable strain with great mold resistance.

T.N.R is an abbreviation of " Top Netherland Ras "

sixixix

I bought 20 seeds from KC Brains, 10 Mango and 10 KC Brazil. Out of those, only some of the Mango beans popped, and I ended up with two ladies to flower. One of them hermied, but the one that didn`t ended up being a keeper, with an incredible taste and high. I`ve read both good and bad about his strains, but it seems like there are hidden treasures to be found.

There are a few pics of my mango in this post

i`m running now : kc 36, mango and leda uno. 100% rate of germination , each pack of ten popped !

I started them on 20/4 , and now they are all at 2 meters high, some of them turned out to be real monsters.

I`m growing in guerilla style. It is my first grow.

Do not worry , the prices are low because he is an anti capitalist, but the quality is there !!

Make your bet, you wont lose !

Dr Leary

KC's genetics seem to be far more popular in Europe than here in the USA.

Ive grown out his gear with no problems and I have no unusual germination issues. My two favorites are TNR and Spontanica. TNR will turn deep purple to black and grows massive with little grower effort. It's got a potent sativa high even though it is considered more of an indica. I may cross this with an Oldtimer Haze as it seems to be a natural combination for my taste.

IMHO Spontanica is another underrated strain. I roll this up and smoke with my friends that are cannabis snobs. I never tell them it's genetic origin and they think I'm some kind of gifted grower and breeder. I'm not. LOL

KC33 is a massive indica and potent. I see potential for crossing with an afgan and using for commercial production for those that are into that. I didn't have any luck with California Special I grew indoors, but I also didn't give it much attention at the time. I've got Ledo Uno, KC36 and the white in the seed box but my focus is on pure landrace sativas at the moment.

Yes these are mostly outdoor plants. Their ability to resist mold and pests should not be overlooked. I heard the bad rap on KC's junk, but my first hand experience is different.

Last edited:

Gelado`

Veteran
KC-33 was the first strain I ever grew, way back in '95 or '96 or so. I lost the plants to a hurricane, but the quality of what I salvaged was incredible. I bought another pack a few months ago for old time's sake!

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everybody,

seems like KC Brains Holland updated his hompage.

At least the design is new and if I understand it correctly you can now buy his seeds directly via contacting him through his hompage
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

purple_man

Veteran
high fambz!

well roots do uptake co2, BUT not to the expected degree sadly.

anyhow, as posted before, kc is THE MAN when it comes to monster outdoor genetics... i like to call the man: guerilla gorilla :)

kc 33, tnr n spontanica (regs) used to be the shizzinit back in the days (mid 90ies)

@nikolaj c.: bahia might be the only one to long flowering for romania outdoors, others will be mucho nice...

blessss

C

conlarazzon

BahiaBH buy fem. from Seedsman ... 6 varieties were over and now are back ...
It means that the flow of seed is good
few are preserved with its origins

kc brains is one of them, I'll have to order in my garden this Dutch

regards from south america

salud por alla , muy sano

Morphote

Veteran
Grew a cut of his Mango indoors back when I first started growing. Plant was nice, had a good yield, fast flowering time, solid indica effect, and above average flavor. I've certainly seen better plants since then, but I wouldnt pass up the chance to grow his genetics again.

M.

los_escondidos

Grew a cut of his Mango indoors back when I first started growing. Plant was nice, had a good yield, fast flowering time, solid indica effect, and above average flavor. I've certainly seen better plants since then, but I wouldnt pass up the chance to grow his genetics again.

M.

Nice, thank you for your information. Thanks to everyone for replying in this thread, i am looking into KC's gear myself to begin some very basic breeding projects/fun. I'm looking mostly for stable & older lines/strains/genetics & feel this would be a great place to start.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

DjKinetics

3 KC45s just sprouted indoors and a Brazil x KC a week ago outdoors. KC Brains offers descent seeds at a good price

REALPOTency

Veteran
i grew some MANGO (reg) year 2007 ,
very good plant ,fruit odor,
kc good prices/quality ,
the bad only fem now :(

the leda uno is another that i would like grow some day
good smokes!