What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kc Brains strains, outdoors

therevverend

Veteran
I may have some Crystal Limit seeds lying around in old seed jars. Mid-August for Brazil, along with the description and pink hairs...KC Brains stuff is crazy. All over the map. I stopped growing his stuff because of that, in a legal state with plant limits I can't afford to go down his wormhole. You may find a real gem or you may end up with a tree that molds by the end of October you never can tell.

But this is also what makes it interesting there's nothing like his stuff these days. People looking for old school genetics should be trying his stuff. I'm sure he hasn't changed his breeding in 30 years. No Girl Scout Cookies in the mix. If I had the space and time and patience I'd love to sprout 100 of his seeds and see where they take me. There'd be a lot of duds but you could find an outdoor plant that's off the charts.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I may have some Crystal Limit seeds lying around in old seed jars. Mid-August for Brazil, along with the description and pink hairs...KC Brains stuff is crazy. All over the map. I stopped growing his stuff because of that, in a legal state with plant limits I can't afford to go down his wormhole. You may find a real gem or you may end up with a tree that molds by the end of October you never can tell.

But this is also what makes it interesting there's nothing like his stuff these days. People looking for old school genetics should be trying his stuff. I'm sure he hasn't changed his breeding in 30 years. No Girl Scout Cookies in the mix. If I had the space and time and patience I'd love to sprout 100 of his seeds and see where they take me. There'd be a lot of duds but you could find an outdoor plant that's off the charts.

This is generally true, but some strains of his I've found to be more stable than others. In my experience, Spontanica was pretty stable/consistent compared to Mango and KC33.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Crystal Limit outdoors harvest around Oct 20.....nice little bud. I did really good with CL, I had 4 good sized plants. I had a killer pheno I'm wishing I'd kept a cut of. Overall I'd grow it again .....it's kinda got that old school taste and flavor.....KCs got alot of stuff id like to run!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190101_195135.jpg
    IMG_20190101_195135.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20190101_195122.jpg
    IMG_20190101_195122.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 30

luposolitario

Kc ,the more cheap-good-beuti genetics by years, i also have grow a cross by kc ,and remember hae make good yeld whit qualiti, stuff if one look buy all materials...

kokomarin

I was grow kc leda uno and spontanica few years ago.
leda is harvested during octobar,spontanica was late start flowering in the midlle of semptember.
This year I will try some others strains from k.c including kc 51,42,33,39,TNR,bahia blackhead and haze spec.

Sunshineinabag

And I listened to another whack job from Colorado! Fuken a man! Too many scumbags in the cannabis scene nowadays. Wish I could feed em to pigs!

ion

leda uno is other-weedly. i have seed i made from her long time ago, pop some every nce in a while, just harvested one a bit ago. i am not good at descript in the normal sense, but the fusion of up/down, relax/energy with her is what could be considered perfect. taste is exotic and duration is serious. very delightsome.

Sunshineinabag

I'll try em out

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I'm gonna run a lot of KC gear next year...

Normally I only buy fems, but the regular seeds are too cheap: 5 seeds for 7 bucks.

I know there's a lot of variation in his non-feminized seeds... but are most of the plants really bad?

If I find a winner, anything I could do other than collodial silver one of the branches to make feminized seeds?

radioman

Try the KC Brains Mango. Years ago, when Gypsy owned Seeds Direct - He was selling KC seeds and He had a special sale - offering KC seeds - something like 3 packs for $25 and even better deals for more money. I don't remember all the details but they had a falling out. I think Gypsy had sold a bunch of packs but KC didn't deliver or was late. Anyway - Gypsy dropped KC Brains from his offering after that - but I scored my offer. The Mango was a real nice outdoor strain - I think it had won some kind of award as well. I made thousands of seeds & grew that strain for years as well as giving away hundreds of seeds...

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Try the KC Brains Mango. Years ago, when Gypsy owned Seeds Direct - He was selling KC seeds and He had a special sale - offering KC seeds - something like 3 packs for $25 and even better deals for more money. I don't remember all the details but they had a falling out. I think Gypsy had sold a bunch of packs but KC didn't deliver or was late. Anyway - Gypsy dropped KC Brains from his offering after that - but I scored my offer. The Mango was a real nice outdoor strain - I think it had won some kind of award as well. I made thousands of seeds & grew that strain for years as well as giving away hundreds of seeds...

Thanks, radio. Mango is actually the strain I had in mind...

I've grown Spontanica in the past and it's great, but I need something that finishes a little earlier.

As far as the Mango goes, I take it you had all regular seeds? If so, was there a ton of variation in phenotypes of plants? Were most or all good, or were a lot of plants not so great?

Did plants end up as big as others from KC? (I've grown Spontanica and KC33 and both had pretty massive size and yields) How was mold/pm resistance?

Sorry for a thousand questions, lol. This will be my first time with that strain, but also the first time with regular seeds from KC Brains as opposed to feminized.

therevverend

Veteran
I know there's a lot of variation in his non-feminized seeds... but are most of the plants really bad?

If I find a winner, anything I could do other than collodial silver one of the branches to make feminized seeds?
No, his plants aren't bad at all. I'd go for it. If you've grown Spontanica you know what's up with his gear. Spontanica is probably his most mediocre strain, I've heard lots of good things about the Mango.

There's other ways to reverse males besides colloidal silver but the silver seems to be the easiest way. I wouldn't try the dodgy stress tricks, trying to make a female express male. To me it's a way to remove hermies from your gene pool, if a plant goes male when stressed I don't want it. The best way would be to pre-sex early, then move a female clone indoors. Turn it male and have it ready by late August so you can pollinate your females.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
No, his plants aren't bad at all. I'd go for it. If you've grown Spontanica you know what's up with his gear. Spontanica is probably his most mediocre strain, I've heard lots of good things about the Mango.

There's other ways to reverse males besides colloidal silver but the silver seems to be the easiest way. I wouldn't try the dodgy stress tricks, trying to make a female express male. To me it's a way to remove hermies from your gene pool, if a plant goes male when stressed I don't want it. The best way would be to pre-sex early, then move a female clone indoors. Turn it male and have it ready by late August so you can pollinate your females.

Cool. My main concern was that growing a bunch of regular seeds, even if I pulled all the males I might still end up with some bunk plants... But then again, it's KC. Spontanica has always been great for me: nice smoke, big, healthy plants with good mold resistance. If that's his most mediocre strain, I'm not too worried.

The seeds are fairly cheap, I was just thinking about breeding so I'd have hundreds on deck, ready to go...

It seems like, unless I want to just let a whole plot go (and how far would it have to be from other plots, a mile or more?) for seeding, I'd be better off just having a few plants indoors in some sort of tent setup. That way I could have a few plants, hope for at least one male and one female, let them do their thing, and then I could wipe the tent down after in case I want to do other, different breeding projects.

Granted I've never done it before, I've always thought about crossing KC Brains strains with other newer strains. Just going off of KC33 and Spontanica, I've yet to come across strains from other breeders that are as big, healthy, strong, and resistant to everything bad.

monkeybrains420

try KC 36 it's amazing , it can handle the cold and wet in the fall time with no mold problems and can grow huge like 10 feet tall . I grow it way up North in Canada . its a white widow cross . my favorite

Latest posts

Latest posts