What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC 36 Hempy 160w cfl bud shots

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
43.7 grams dry

I accredit the higher weight to using dutchmaster nutrients throughout the whole bloom cycle this round and also not lolly popping them so much.

After 3 harvests in this set up, I've got a good feel for where diminishing bud density starts to take effect and will trim the ladies accordingly next round to minimize trimming time without effecting bud quantity.

Wow a really significant yield increase over your last run!

In this most recent batch of 4 clones, are the two plants on the far left and right smaller due to being a different phenotype or to reduced available root space from being placed against two walls instead of one?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
They are all the same pheno, they are clones from the same plant. The plant on the far left has multiple tops, 4 or 5, and the one on the far right has only a main cola, this is just the way they grew, no manipulation on my part.

I don't know why they all grew so differently. The plant on the far left with many tops produced the most bud. My next round of clones will have 6 plants in one trough with at least 2 tops for each plant.

Mk3Jetta

Wow Wow Wow Sam!!!

btw i love the avatar and name! great show.

those plants look really healthy and green before harvest. Did you flush at all? Stop feeding a few weeks before harvest?

How bout a smoke report!!!???

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
flushed them for 2 weeks, the leaves are always dark green, they don't lighten up at all, if a leaf dies it goes strait to dry pale yellow crispiness.

No smoke report per se, but KC36 is a white widow cross and has a soft smooth fruity aroma.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Update;

I have 6 clones but wanted to use 2 of them for an upcoming 400w cmh grow, those 2 will be vegging for another few weeks while I finish building the cab. The other 4 clones will be flowered under cfls.

This pic is after the first night of 12/12, there are at least 3 good tops from each plant, so hopefully they will fill out nicely.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
shiny side facing towards the plants

I tried white paint on a rubbermaid before and it still glowed, tin foil blocks 100% of the light

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
They are filling in nicely.

I'm going to see what I can do to make reflectors for each cfl, it might help a little with increased light intensity.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking good sam, can't believe I've missed this thread, pulling up a chair mate for the rest of this show.

Peace an Gardening.

shmodank

hello, im new to all types of growing but i have a great set up with some CFL'S. i was wondering if its true that you can flower with CFL'S? thanks.

shmodank

how much less do you yield compared to an HPS bulb? i was also thinking of maybe going with a T5 system but i just really want to get the best possible results. thanks

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I get a fairly consistent 0.5 gpw with my cfls, and from what I've seen with HPS grows, 0.5 to 0.6 is about average for 250w and up.

This is assuming the strain is a decent yielder, for heavy yielding strains like chronic or critical mass you can expect more.

The type of lighting you use is mainly a personal preference, initially I preferred the simplicity of going to a big box store an being able to buy all I needed at a minimal cost.

10jed

Nice work Sam! I think this is the first time I have seen hempy done in a trough. Is this your brainstorm or did you see someone else doing this? Anyways, interested in the dimentions of your troughs and where you are locating the drain hole(s).

Thanks in advance,
Jed

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Hey 10jed;

Don't know if it was my idea or not, I had seen other people use soil beds with good results so I thought why not make a hempy perlite bed? Its much easier to carry around than individual containers and gives each plant more room to spread its roots.

The dimensions are roughly 5" deep, 13" long and 7" wide. I placed the hole on the 7" side about 3/4" from the bottom.

10jed

Hey 10jed;

Don't know if it was my idea or not, I had seen other people use soil beds with good results so I thought why not make a hempy perlite bed? Its much easier to carry around than individual containers and gives each plant more room to spread its roots.

The dimensions are roughly 5" deep, 13" long and 7" wide. I placed the hole on the 7" side about 3/4" from the bottom.

yeah makes sense as long as the roots arent competing and with such a short lifespan it makes sense that they wouldn't. thanks for the info.

A few more q's. Are you using straight perliite or the std hempy per/verm recipe? The brownish squares around the plants are your coco mix that you veg in I assume. You then just drop the solid rootball in the bed or do you spread the roots first?

jed

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
nice work with the KC36, I grew it once and she turned queer on me half way thru 12/12... and had trouble poppin the rest but, i have 3 left lets see if it pops.. great work your gurls look good.. peace..

sack

Latest posts

Latest posts