What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kayak Fishing anyone?

Im getting excited for the warm weather to get here...gona start prepn' all my gear next month...man i love the water...:)

t2

mosstrooper

I have never tried kayaking but this looks like a very peaceful way to spend the afternoon, are they very tippy and hard to stay upright in, do you have to spend alot of time with your head under the water before you get the hang of it?

R

Rysam

it depends on the boat and your ability balance. A sit-on-top is much more stable than a sit inside type. a wider flatter hull is more stable than a narrow round hull, etc.. with my 2 seaters I can easily stand on them and pitch a lure into the weeds, and while sitting down they are pretty bulletproof. my buddys sit inside whitewater boat on the other hand, is like iceskating on a booger to me. much harder to control and keep upright.

The only thing that makes me as happy as seeing my med's grow into beautiful bushes :canabis: ...is sittn' out on the water.. castn' .... & PoW/SlaM !!! ultra light uglystick...4lb test & a 5lb smallmouth that i have to follow around in the boat..want to or not my yak is moving...what an amazing feeling...just amazing :yay: ...

t2

:bump:..... starting to get the goose pimples thinking about that 7 pounder i lost last year.. & i know exactly where she lives....yea baby it's going to be a most excellent season....gears been cleaned...reels got fresh 6lb test & the yac is still covered up :frown: ... no worries it's still a month away...lol...

tr2

Not sure if the member that started this thread is still around...but it's a thread i would have loved to start myself...anyway im gona be bumping this thread all spring/summer with updates on my adventures....& definetly pics of all my best catches.... love me some smallies...:wave:

btw id love to hear from some others that plan on doing some yac fishn this summer .. ?.

tr2

supermanlives

Veteran
it depends on the boat and your ability balance. A sit-on-top is much more stable than a sit inside type. a wider flatter hull is more stable than a narrow round hull, etc.. with my 2 seaters I can easily stand on them and pitch a lure into the weeds, and while sitting down they are pretty bulletproof. my buddys sit inside whitewater boat on the other hand, is like iceskating on a booger to me. much harder to control and keep upright.

i dis agree . i own a sit inside type and its def more stable as your wieght is closer to the water line. i have tried sit on top ones and they suck and you get all wet. unless your talking freestyle type kayaka and they are tippy as hell. the more tippy the more manuverability. great for playing in waves and rivers

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Not just fishing but spearfishing. My kayak is my key to the waters whatever or wherever they may be. Whoever says a sit inside is more stable, i'd like to see you stand on your kayak. I've never seen it done by a sit insider. I could understand stability while paddling, but than my kayak wouldnt be as much fun....

I guess it really depends on what your looking for. Me, I need a SOT...

I think we can all agree on one thing, some of the best times are paddling with nature, smoking on some nature....My favorite is a nice J with some hash oil, can keep me paddling all day...

Now this is what im talkn' bout ... damn fine to see some fellow fish/yac fans..... looking forward to the up coming season & hope to get some descent pics to post... in a few months....jul/aug is my best chance at a giant...catch/photo/release for this die hard...:)

well accept for the couple fish fry's i have every summer....we eat what we keep for sure...lot's of smiles after those fry's...happy campers for sure...

tr2

B

BlueberryNutz

i want a kayak for fishing really bad lol. my boss is giving me a float tube he found floating down the river while out fishing. that should be fun except for the part about my legs dangling in the water. even though its fresh water i cant help but think of jaws lol

supermanlives

Veteran
i can stand in my kayak. maybe its just an awesome design. great canadian kayak model velocity. it was designed by a pro kayaker

JAY LENWEED

Paddled 14 miles on the Patuxent river in maryland yesterday, loved all 12 hours,3 spliff,2blunts,3-4 bowels of hash,and 2 bowls of bud.AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easygrowing

Veteran
Right Superman-they sucks in a way-sit on top-they are hard to padle for the bag-and yes-you got wet and i would not like to use those-in the winter..im wearing dry trousers-so no prob-but yes-so you got wet because they are hot-to to to-hm-wearing-there was the word..but it,s a fun thing to play with and fishing from..but then i will kayking for real-it,s my trapper-Barracuda glassfiber im using..it was only for fun i buyed those-but it,s a good sit on top-but not for long distance..bring some pics for good sake..pics speaks for them self.
Set an Greenlander free !! befri en Grønlænder--on Tuesday i going out for real and wednesday to time for training rescues with my friends-but i dont save them lol...so they has to learn it..lol

supermanlives

Veteran
ya i am looking at a sit on top model. 695$ was one quote. AND THEY HAD A REAL CHEAP ONE ADVERTISED FOR 169$ ON TV at some sporting goods store. but i bet its a pos. what do you think is good price for sit on top? any specific model? thanks . both kinds of kayaks have their place.

How great is this time of year for throwing the boat in the water :yes: ....i've spent the last 2 months scouting the river(shenandoah & potomac) planning float/fishing trips...it's going to be a great season for sure :dance013:

I have some really amazing secret spots planned for finding that elusive 6lb smallie.....between the rivers & rock quaries i will catch/photo/release a giant this summer.......all from my kayak....

Oh yea, i'll be :joint: the whole time...got 3-4 things curing for this summer....'oh happy day's' for sure....

blubonic curing now for summer activities..

Easygrowing

Veteran
JustDoIt Superman-so long there is no ice on the water-the time for is,is it-only the clothes dicides,then it,s not time-
picture.php

Just hate people-away from them : ) sometimes just great those feeling-to be alone for a moment-and then you came into the beach-smiling-ladyes everywhere-it,s an populaer beach-near by-of course-only in the summer-it,s was a bit grey those day.
Into the beach for coffee and a cigaret for getting some air : - /
High Pagajmovment-Høj Pagajføring til folket..
Has 2 read again-what did you said--im a wordspastic..sorry
Take care Superman-eat some good cake 2

Latest posts

Latest posts