What's new

Karma Squad at The Denver HTCC in April? (2015)

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Just curious if any fellow Karma Squad are going to the High Times Cup, in Denver, this April?

I got my ticket yesterday, and tickets can be bought HERE.

Early Bird prices are in effect for the time being, not sure how long the discounted prices will remain. Prices have really gone up this year but I know it's going to be worth it.

This will be my first cup so I'd love to meet up with some of my forum buddies if anyone else plans to attend.

Anyone going, feel free to private message me and we'll try to arrange to meet up.

This is going to be a blast and I really hope to see some of y'all at the Cup! :smoke out:

(Rumor has it KG will be in town :biggrin: ........ !)

jd4083

Veteran
I'm not sure I qualify as Karma Squad since I don't have any Karma gear but I'll be there and would be glad to meet up with like-minded folks from ICM :tiphat:

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Karma put out the Karma Squad graphic for anyone to use that wanted to show love/rep the Karma name, just so ya know (or anyone for that matter).

JD - you've really gotta try some Karma gear, you'll love it. As time draws near, I'll see if we can manage to arrange a meeting time for anyone that replies to this thread... maybe we'll just make a big pm and see what works best for everyone. At the moment, Saturday or Sunday is looking better than Friday, at least for me.

Hope to see ya there..

jd4083

Veteran
Right on dude! I took a couple year hiatus right as Karma was becoming a big deal here on icmag and I'm just back at it now, so haven't had an opportunity to try any of their gear. Would love to do so sometime soon!

I don't know the itinerary as one of my good buddies bought me the plane ticket and entry ticket as my birthday present this year, so he's handling all of the scheduling. I'll post up/PM as I know more. Take it easy.

Kalyx

sign me up I will be there for sure looking foward to it and meeting the karma squad and icmagers.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Just curious if any fellow Karma Squad are going to the High Times Cup, in Denver, this April?

I got my ticket yesterday, and tickets can be bought HERE.

Early Bird prices are in effect for the time being, not sure how long the discounted prices will remain. Prices have really gone up this year but I know it's going to be worth it.

This will be my first cup so I'd love to meet up with some of my forum buddies if anyone else plans to attend.

Anyone going, feel free to private message me and we'll try to arrange to meet up.

This is going to be a blast and I really hope to see some of y'all at the Cup! :smoke out:

(Rumor has it KG will be in town :biggrin: ........ !)

You KNOW I want to go and see you and Kalyx, toke up and fix the worlds problems. But ya know that I can't make it as things are. Hmmmm....maybe while you are at the cup...i'll make sure your women are doin ok.....LOL ya know I'm just kiddin guys. Hmmmmmmm???:biggrin:

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
LOL! You shitass!

I wish you could make it, man! Shoots - that would be amazing to have all of us knuckleheads together. Maybe it's better we don't all occupy the same space at once.... world's just not ready for that. =]

jd4083

Veteran
I just wanted to post again because my buddy just sent me confirmation for my plane ticket and I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, can't wait for this shit! :dance: Looking forward to meeting y'all as well.

I'll definitiely be there! I wasn't able to make it to last year's cup and really want to go to get some beans since I don't like the idea of ordering.

What are someof everyone's favorites by Karma?

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
I'll definitiely be there! I wasn't able to make it to last year's cup and really want to go to get some beans since I don't like the idea of ordering.

What are someof everyone's favorites by Karma?

Myself and a good buddy tease about KG gear, saying that you could drop them all in a hat and pick 3 and not go "wrong."

Do you have any preferences as far as taste, effect, etc?

Myself and a good buddy tease about KG gear, saying that you could drop them all in a hat and pick 3 and not go "wrong."

Do you have any preferences as far as taste, effect, etc?

In sativas I prefer lemony, sour, and hazey (sandalwood-esque/minty) as far as taste goes. For sativa effects I really like a dreaminess or trippy quality, not hallucinogenic of course, but visually stimulating. (I love hazes on sunny afternoons.)

And in indicas, I love piney flavors and really just go for potency in terms of the effects. I have a harder time differentiating the subtleties of indica strain highs, maybe because OGs kind of dominate the scene in Denver dispensaries. I did really enjoy some UK cheese I got to try.

What would you suggest, what are some of your favorites?

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
In sativas I prefer lemony, sour, and hazey (sandalwood-esque/minty) as far as taste goes. For sativa effects I really like a dreaminess or trippy quality, not hallucinogenic of course, but visually stimulating. (I love hazes on sunny afternoons.)

And in indicas, I love piney flavors and really just go for potency in terms of the effects. I have a harder time differentiating the subtleties of indica strain highs, maybe because OGs kind of dominate the scene in Denver dispensaries. I did really enjoy some UK cheese I got to try.

What would you suggest, what are some of your favorites?

There's just too many to have a favorite. Several I haven't tried and I often think only Karma could answer these questions properly.

I'd break up the suggestions:

Older KG:
Happy Brother
Sour Jack
Karma's Jack
Mahayana
D Kush
Bubba Brother
BHOG (Brotherhood OG)
Any Jack crosses
Any Happy Brother crosses

Newer:
Karma's OG
Biker Kush V2.0
Headbanger or Whitesnake
Any White or Biker crosses

Upcoming:
Everything! (no, really.... A5 and other projects for this year are going to blow everyone away). I own a good majority of Karma gear and intend to never miss another strain dropped.... (God willing).

Maybe I'm a bad person to get advice from, lol. Too much input.

Just so ya know, I haven't ran enough numbers of anything besides Happy Brother to know which I prefer over the others. I have tried a million and one indicas and typically prefer the knockout punch as well. I always suggest to everyone to try Happy Brother if you enjoy a fine indica effect. Such a unique lady. Not the hugest in the garden, but AMAZING smoke. I'll always have Happy Brother in my garden.

Maybe someone else will chime in with better advice.

------------------------------------------

Just realized I'll be landing in Denver in less than two months from now!

Awesome, thanks very much for the input RandomMan!
And the more input the better, imo.

Does KG still produce Happy Brother seed on its own, or do they only release crosses now? I'm intrigued by some of the descriptions, what do you think of the flavor, would you mind describing it?

Thanks again!

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
The flavor is one of my favorite flavors of all time. I would say the most distinguishable flavor is burnt rubber of sorts (I know that doesn't sound great... but really, it's AMAZING). I'm not the best at describing flavors.... so.... others might be better at describing it. The smell and flavor are damn sure one of a kind. Such a sweet funk to me.

He doesn't still produce Happy Brother Bx2 but I think the bay still has some on hand. Not sure why they're not showing up on the Karma inventory but maybe do a google search to see if you can find them elsewhere (we can't post many outside links due to IC Mag terms of use agreement)..... Wish I could help more, but you have too few posts to private message, so my options for helping you locate them are limited.

Karma also plans to release a new batch of Brotherhood OG this year, with HA OG as the other parent (Hells Angels OG).

If you can only locate crosses, they're gold, too. BHOG (Brotherhood OG), Bubba Brother, Happy Chem, Happy Kush, etc. etc. There's enough Happy Brother crosses to find something you'd enjoy, I'm sure.

You can find some crosses available here:
Seed Boutique or Herbies.

I talked to Payaso and wanted to make a thread about Manchester Seeds but that's not such a good idea since they're not IC Mag affiliated.... however, he gave me permission to mention them in the Karma forum, as I've had good luck ordering from them. They can be found here.

Wish I could help more.... Happy Brother is well worth the effort to source.

Best luck with your hunt.
:tiphat:

llamabox

It was cool to meet Karma and the guys last year at the club Friday before the cup. Sorry they had to announce you over the pa system. Hope to see you same spot this year.

Biker le Blanc needs a mention too. Very good smoke.

Cheesy Rider is good, very stinky cheesy stuff. I still have a cut of that in my garden and I never intended to run her more than once.

In my personal opinion, Karma's newer stuff is of a higher quality. You can see how much he's learned about breeding if you grow some of his gear in chronological order. His older stuff is still top notch...

You should be happy with anything you pick of Karma's. I've yet to run a pack (and I've ran almost everything) and not managed to find something worth keeping around. The biggest problem I have with running Karma's gear is figuring out which ones I CANT keep around anymore.

Meant to include a list of my suggestions:

Biker le Blanc
Polar Bear
Brotherhood OG
Old Grandpa Scratch

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I just got my ticket. I am coming all the way from the east coast, so I will be there on the 19 to chill out for one day and hitting the cup on 4/20.

I'm actually attempting to show up on 4/21 if finances allow it to happen. I have a pro-cannabis march/rally to attend on 4/20, and if I can swing for a plane ticket the following day, I'll be there!

Latest posts

Latest posts